DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Diablo Predator Questions & Info!

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-24-2012, 02:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:22
Raneman is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Engine finally threw a code

Got a P2314, says Ignition Coil E Secondary Circuit
And a P2299, says Brake Pedal Position/Acceleratior Pedal Position Incompatible.
Whats it sound like my problem is?
Old 10-01-2012, 03:36 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Sounds like a bad ignition coil and two footed driving but without running proper diagnostics for the P231, it's hard to say.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

P2314 DODGE - Ignition Coil D Primary Ctrl Circ Low
you could try switching that coil with a different one on the engine
if the Code changes to that other place where you put coil, something is wrong with that coil pak. If it remains the same, it may be a EGR , TCM, PCM issue

P2299 possible answers from other Ram owners

P2299-BRAKE PEDAL POSITION / ACCELERATOR PEDAL POSITION INCOMPATIBLE

Set Condition:
The PCM recognizes a brake application following the APPS showing a fixed pedal opening. Temporary or permanent. Internally the PCM will reduce throttle opening below driver demand. One trip fault and the code will be set within 5 seconds. ETC light will illuminate, the light will only stay illuminated while DTC is active.

Possible Causes

DRIVER PRESSING ACCELERATOR PEDAL, THEN PRESSING BRAKE PEDAL, AND CONTINUES TO HOLD THEM DOWN SIMULTANEOUSLY

STOP LAMP SWITCH

APP SENSOR
The most likely cause of this DTC is Brake Torquing the engine by pressing the Accelerator pedal and the pressing the Brake Pedal.

Diagnostic Test
1. DTC INFORMATION
NOTE: If a pedal assembly becomes mechanically stuck the voltage output will stay fixed, if this is also
Followed by a long application of the brakes this code will set.
NOTE: When this code sets the pedal position in the PCM software will ramp to idle. If the Pedal voltage
changes OR the brake pedal is released, the pedal position in the PCM software will ramp up to the pedal
position and the ETC light will go out.
With a scan tool, read DTCs and record the related Freeze Frame data.
Diagnose all other Stop Lamp Switch and APP Sensor codes before continuing.
This code can be set by a driver who uses both feet while driving, one for the Accelerator Pedal and the other for
the Brake Pedal.
NOTE: The most likely cause of this DTC is caused by the customer Brake Torquing the engine by pressing
the Accelerator pedal and the pressing the Brake Pedal.
Ask the driver of the vehicle if these conditions apply to their driving habits.
Are the listed conditions part of the customers driving habits?
Yes >> Advise the customer of what caused the DTC. This is normal operation of a ETC equipped vehicle
because of safety issues.

my comment:
Sounds like something you would do while staging for a drag race
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-02-2012, 04:27 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:22
Raneman is on a distinguished road

Hm, where exactly are the ignition coils? Are they difficult to change? I had actually never heard of an ignition coil before, which is surprising because I do all the work on my truck, and my dads a mechanic.

And i remembered that the accelerator/brake code was my fault. Had to pull a trailer at night, and the lights are only on when i hit the brakes so when I met someone I would very lightly push the brake in until I knew whether or not it was a cop.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:44 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Ignition coils have been around as long at the gasoline engine itself. What you have is more commonly referred to as a coil pack but the function is still the same. Yours are on top of the spark plugs and bolted down with a pair of 10mm head bolts.