DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flamin red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Captain Cooter is on a distinguished road
Default Dealer is trying to screw me, need some help here

So I bought a 2012 Ram two weeks ago. I told them I was pre-approved for 4.5% APR through USAA, they said they could beat that, and we went back and forth for about two hours and agreed to 1.75% over 75 months.

Today I get a call from their finance lady saying that she heard back from the finance dep't and they can't do the 1.75%, they can only do that with a co-signer. The lowest they can offer me is 8.43%!!!! I said no way, and explained the negotiations to her. She said she would get back with me.

Now my dad and I read over the contract I signed and it seems pretty final, there's nothing in there that says they reserve the right to do this to me. I'm sticking to my guns and not budging, I'll get a lawyer if I have to.

My question is, have you guys ever experienced this or heard of a dealer doing this? More importantly, what are my legal rights? The contract shows the 1.75% over 75 months at $420/month.

My credit report shows that they pulled my credit report that night, there's no reason it took them two week to get back to me. My dad and I think that the sales manager probably went overboard in his offer and somebody higher up in finance dep't at another location saw my credit report and APR% and decided he didn't like it. I think they ****ed up and are trying to correct it.

Thanks guys. I'm pretty pissed off right now.
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:83
SFVDOC will become famous soon enough

Contracts vary from State to State but I believe there is a clause in there that says something to the effect of "subject to lender approval".

You said they are willing to honor the low rate, they just want a co-signer on the loan. It's not the end of the world to have a co-signer. I take it you are a younger person? I had to do it with my dad when I was young.

Or get your financing through USAA and be done with it.

Just remember, the lower the interest rate the more security the lender will want.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Sport Reg Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Flamin red
Rep:10
Captain Cooter is on a distinguished road

Yeah I found something written in double-speak that said exactly that. I'm just going to go through USAA instead. I'll be calling HQ to complain for sure though, to go from 1.75% to 8.43% is a slap in the face.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:06 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2642
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

when i bought my Ram, i got the 3.3 rate through a Credit Union
my own credit union could only do 3.5 rate

I was actually surprised, less then 2 years before i had $28,000 in credit card debt & i had decided to retire & go into business for myself
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 09-22-2012, 07:22 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Rep:32
davidgcet is on a distinguished road

at least they are willing to work with you, i know several people that financing fell thru due to teh "subeject to lender approval clause" even as late as 3-4 weeks later! they were told to return the vehicle immediately. a buddy of mine was sales manager at a local bowtie stealership and told me about one lady thta had traded in an old clunker, the dealer sold it for scrap the same day. she got lucky, the dealer was forced to give her one of their trade-ins since they could not return her car to her. he said they gave her a piece of crap, but it was 10x nicer than the one she had towed in for trade!

as you said, just go thru USAA and be done with it. you can't wait around though, without secured financing the dealer can reclaim the vehicle at any time.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:23 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

Shop around, in this economy there is no need to pay more than 1%. Both of my vehicles are at .9%. I have USAA myself, been a member for over 15 years. I use them for everything EXCEPT auto loans, their rates can always be beat.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:59 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Rep:123
UNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enough

Had that happen twice when I was young. Told em to get bent both times...the credit is approved when you sign the papers or you would t have had papers to sign.
Tell em to bring a lawyer,the cops and a tow truck to pick it up.
I bet they never show up.

You signed a contract with them...they now have to honor it.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:56 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Power Wagon
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Rep:256
battlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the roughbattlerattle is a jewel in the rough

I had a friend in a similar situation years ago. He put 500 miles on it legally making it a used vehicle, dealer either had to sell it to him or take it back at a loss. Then it turns out dealer did screw up some paper work and had yo resign, because of the miles the dealer had to legally put used on the contract. He read it and said "I am not paying a penny more than kbb on a used vehicle". Had the dealer over a fence, at this point it had close to 1000 miles, and the option to walk away due to the dealers mistake. Ended up getting a 28k car for around 19k.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500 quad cab
Trim Level: St
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:42
Jimbug is on a distinguished road

I just bought a 2012 1500. It has 12000 mile so it was used. When salesperson would not meet my terms, told them I wanted the key back to my trade-in. He would disappear and come back with a different offer. We went round and round and I finally left with truck at 3.89 percent with $500 down. Just refinanced with my credit union to 3.24%.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:54 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

A similar situation happened to me when i was young. long story short, I had the car for a month for free and told them to honor the deal or take the car back. They took it back and I walked.

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear