alright so i just bought this truck (my 1st dodge ever!) well one day i started it it idled for about 15 seconds then died. I went to start it again and "CLICK!"
So i took out the battery had it charged and it turned out it was no good, so i threw a new one in went to start it and "click!" again. So i let it sit for a bit tried it again it turned over a few times before it fired up and the starter grinded. I freaked and turned the truck off and after that it didn't want to start again. I replaced the starter just cause it was old anyway, i didn't expect it to fix the problem (which it didn't). When i turn the key a few times the positive cable starts to smoke and gets hot to the touch! When i pull me key out of the ignition its hot as well! I tested the relay passed just fine and all my battery cable connections are fine. so is this an ignition switch problem? or a lock cylinder? or something else?
thanks for reading/help guys