DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Suspension

Notices

Suspension 4th Gen Dodge Ram Suspension Problems and Questions

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-11-2013, 05:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
rewindgy is on a distinguished road

All I can say is "good friggin luck"!! I have had my "Recall Notice " for almost a year now - everytime I call the Dealers they say - you got to keep waiting!!! Up here in Canada there is no one enforcing Recalls - so funny thing- last night on the Local News a lady was on who had a 2010 Ram that locked up on the main Freeway thru town here ( nut came loose and driveshaft locked up then fell out! It hit another car - no one hurt but her Insurance had to pay for the other guys damage. She had the truck repaired under Warranty but was on the hook for towing and other expenses! She also had been waiting for almost a year for her turn to get it fixed but it broke before her turn!
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2013, 01:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:15
Kdubag is on a distinguished road

Finally was able to take mine in to the dealer last week for the inspection. They said it didn't appear to be backing off or anything but they did have the retainer in stock. I got the last one at the dealership in Houston. Now I don't have to worry much any more.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Green
jmiller2308 is on a distinguished road

I talked to Chrysler today and they said the plan was to start sending notices to tell us how to get the recall done on 10/21. They left me with the expectation that parts would be more available by then.

Jeff
Old 10-05-2013, 10:08 AM

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Rep:357
crusher is just really nicecrusher is just really nicecrusher is just really nicecrusher is just really nice

went to dealer yesterday and they had something new on that

turn out that mine has to be completly rebuilt, should know on monday when the'll have the parts ordered on friday

also it seems that if you look and that your pinion seal is leaking a bit, you'll end up with a complet rebuilt,.. the teck said that its the pinion nut rubbing on the seal that cause it ,...
Old 10-05-2013, 11:12 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Laramie 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
sottis is on a distinguished road

called the dealership on mine this week and they said to call back in 2 weeks and maybe they would have the parts. I think we've heard that one before.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

paul2112 is on a distinguished road

Ok ,I was going to have mine checked when I had it in for the leaking trans,which they fixed under power train warranty ,,, Service guy says (this time)" just be aware that if we find it loose, and we still don't have all the parts, we won't be able to release it back to you until we do"!!! So if you take urs in make sure I ask if all parts r there, or you may end up without a truck for a while!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Color: White
Danmar273 is on a distinguished road

I just bought a used 2010 1500 laramie last week, with a few miles left on the warranty. So I did the prudent thing and took it in today for a check over before warranty runs out, and for the pinion recall that is outstanding. I new nothing about this recall, only finding it out when I booked the check up appt.

Well guess what, truck is all fine, except, the pinion is very loose and leaking. So now truck is locked up at the dealer until parts come in tomorrow and they can rebuild my rear end. Hopefully in time for me to take it on the trip i have planned on Boxing Day.

Good thing is that they found this before it locked up and i ended up in the ditch or something.

Dealership was good about this, they gave me a free rental, and have ordered parts on high priority, customer vehicle off road.

Encouraging folks to get their pinion checked. My truck has just under 60k miles (100k km here in canada).