DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - News Desk > MOPAR NATION - Dodge Ram Club Regional Chapters! > Dodge Ram Forum CANADA

Notices

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller2308 View Post
I guess I'll need to go back to the dealer with tape in hand. I talked to them last year but they couldn't tell me if the mirrors would fit or how big they were. I did a rough measurement on a truck in their showroom using my arm as a measuring stick so I knew they were wider but I didn't know by how much.

My concern is that I park in a garage with a single door and even with the sport mirrors there isn't a lot of clearance. I can absorb another inch but if they are 2 or more inches wider it would be a real pain if not impossible to get through the door. I'd really hate to have to fold the mirrors in every time I go in and out of the garage.

Cost is a concern. It seems the OE mirrors are easily twice as expensive as the aftermarket ones. I'll watch ebay to see if I see anything cheaper but I've already noticed that you have to read the fine print to avoid getting sold a knock off.

Thanks for all the help.

Jeff
It is definitely more than 2 inches. I would say even 5-6" wider when close.
I should have measured my sports before I sold them.
Or better yet, measure yours and I will measure mine and this will save you a trip to the dealer

But keep an eye out for OE tows on Craigslist or post a 'Want to trade' in the for sale section here.
Im sure there is someone on these boards that want to rid of their tows for some shorter/less wider mirrors.

I know of one that just took place 2 weeks ago.
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Sponsored links
Old 12-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

Quote:
I guess I'll need to go back to the dealer with tape in hand. I talked to them last year but they couldn't tell me if the mirrors would fit or how big they were. I did a rough measurement on a truck in their showroom using my arm as a measuring stick so I knew they were wider but I didn't know by how much.

My concern is that I park in a garage with a single door and even with the sport mirrors there isn't a lot of clearance. I can absorb another inch but if they are 2 or more inches wider it would be a real pain if not impossible to get through the door. I'd really hate to have to fold the mirrors in every time I go in and out of the garage.

Cost is a concern. It seems the OE mirrors are easily twice as expensive as the aftermarket ones. I'll watch ebay to see if I see anything cheaper but I've already noticed that you have to read the fine print to avoid getting sold a knock off.

Thanks for all the help.

Jeff
If you are tight with sport mirrors then I guarantee you won't be able to fit without folding in OEM style tow mirrors. They stick out about 18" from the window (perpendicular to the top edge) or about 13" from the M in RAM on the door (passenger side).
Old 12-27-2012, 07:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011
Color: Green
Rep:10
jmiller2308 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONOutdoorsman View Post
If you are tight with sport mirrors then I guarantee you won't be able to fit without folding in OEM style tow mirrors. They stick out about 18" from the window (perpendicular to the top edge) or about 13" from the M in RAM on the door (passenger side).
I just re-measured and going perpendicular from the window where it meets the door to the bottom outside edge of the sport mirror is only 14". The glass slopes in so if I measure at the top of the mirror back to the glass I get almost 16". I'm defiantly not going to get the OEM mirror through that door without folding

Thanks everyone for all the help.

Jeff
Old 12-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
I just re-measured and going perpendicular from the window where it meets the door to the bottom outside edge of the sport mirror is only 14". The glass slopes in so if I measure at the top of the mirror back to the glass I get almost 16". I'm defiantly not going to get the OEM mirror through that door without folding

Thanks everyone for all the help.

Jeff
You can always simply fold the drivers side only when driving in, leaving the passenger open, that should give you the same clearance if not more......
Id still run tows
Old 12-31-2012, 06:33 PM

So I finally got to the dealer today and talked with the parts guys. They said the only tow mirror that fits a 2011 1500 is an extendable mirror and not the flip. Of course, they didn't have dimensions of the extendable (extends 4.5"), nor did they have it in stock. They would be glad to order it but it was unclear if I would need to pay for restocking.

Has anybody installed these extendable mirrors? I see lots of references to them online and I think they are around 16" non-extended but I found nothing too definitive. I also see lots of reference to them having turn signal and side marker lights but I haven't seen a picture that included these lights. All places that I can order don't seem to give the option of buying with that option even though they talk about them as an option. Can anybody shed a light on this? Part number is 82210941AB.

I took my tape out and measured the flip mirrors on the dealers 1500s and they stick out about 3" further than mine. From other posts, I'm assuming the 55372070AH and 55372071AH part numbers would work on my truck even though my parts guy didn't find them. However, they are defiantly too wide for my application unless I want to fold them every time I go in and out of the garage .

Jeff
Old 12-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Bully's Performance

WHAT?!?
The mirrors ALL fold up. They are the same mirrors as the 2500 too.
Is your parts guy new?
The mirrors I got were off an 11 sport.
They certainly fold up.

Here they are

Old 12-31-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
WHAT?!?
The mirrors ALL fold up. They are the same mirrors as the 2500 too.
Is your parts guy new?
The mirrors I got were off an 11 sport.
They certainly fold up.
I think your mirrors are the 55372070AH and 55372071AH mirrors that I believe are the same as what was on the 2012 1500s that I measured today. Parts guy has been at it 11 years but couldn't match those to my truck nor could he tell me if I could use mirrors from different years. Kind of disappointing.

I like the flips and that is what I want but they are too wide for my single garage door. The extended version is apparently a mopar accessory for 2011 1500s but like I said, I haven't been able to see one or get a reliable measurement for it. I believe non-extended that at best it would be only an inch less than the flips.

I see rumor of the 2013 having power folding mirror options but of course the dealer doesn't have any that I can look at and the parts guy wouldn't venture any idea as to whether it could fit my truck. This is all pretty amazing considering that my dealer is one of the largest, if not the largest, dodge/ram dealer in the area. I'm sure glad this forum is here or I wouldn't be able to find out anything about my truck.

Jeff
Old 12-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
I think your mirrors are the 55372070AH and 55372071AH mirrors that I believe are the same as what was on the 2012 1500s that I measured today. Parts guy has been at it 11 years but couldn't match those to my truck nor could he tell me if I could use mirrors from different years. Kind of disappointing.

I like the flips and that is what I want but they are too wide for my single garage door. The extended version is apparently a mopar accessory for 2011 1500s but like I said, I haven't been able to see one or get a reliable measurement for it. I believe non-extended that at best it would be only an inch less than the flips.

I see rumor of the 2013 having power folding mirror options but of course the dealer doesn't have any that I can look at and the parts guy wouldn't venture any idea as to whether it could fit my truck. This is all pretty amazing considering that my dealer is one of the largest, if not the largest, dodge/ram dealer in the area. I'm sure glad this forum is here or I wouldn't be able to find out anything about my truck.

Jeff
I believe there is only 2 mirrors. Stock or tow
Old 01-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 2500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Bright Metalic Grey
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:72
LC Hauler will become famous soon enough

Parts numbers are correct, I have the 2500 mirrors on my 2011 ram sport. So yes I agree I think yer parts guy is on the crack.

Last edited by LC Hauler; 01-02-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC Hauler View Post
Parts numbers are correct, I have the 2500 mirrors on my 2011 ram sport. So yes I age I think yer parts guy is on the crack.
Ask him what he is on....cause it mus be good. HAHA

Id would still do the tows and fold in the drivers side as you are pulling into the garage and leave the passenger side open