DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion All about Off-Road in here! From prep to execution! Let us know how you roll Off Road in your Dodge Ram Truck!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 2500 Megacab Cummins
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:25
llsht14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Yeah if he told them what happened and they decided to cover it then I guess good for him. I just get the impression he lied about it. I have seen people wreck their cars at the drag strip then tow them a mile down the road, park it next to a concrete barrier, and call the insurance company...
sounds like a good plan

Sold--- 2011 Ram 1500 Sport
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2012, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:249
2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by shears View Post
I do not agree with your statement at all. I have been paying insurance on my vehicles for 10 years and have never had a claim(no wrecks, nothing). So for 10 years they have been making a butt load of money off me and I have not seen anything in return but a peice of paper i keep in my glovebox, and piece of mind i guess. If something like that ever happened to me I would do exactly what he did, get some of my money back!
run with no insurance if you dont like paying then... may as well take the insurance off your house at the same time... better to pay and have and not need than not have and need it... this is part of the reason why premiums go up because of stuff like this messing around, and too top it off he destroyed someones boat in the process. But in fairness to the OP shit does happen and it usually sucks when it does. I am surprised he was able to convince his insurance to put a totally different bumper on his truck, I am sure when he renews his insurance his premiums will change

Mods : 20x9 fuel Kranks, S&B CAI, 20% tint, Ram rubber mud flaps, Lumens 35w 6000k canbus low beams, tri fold tonneau, led plate & cargo lights, custom led bed lighting

Last edited by 2011 ASSAULT 800; 10-17-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:28 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 RC/SB
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:398
Butter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really nice

Some of you seem to think that every insurance policy is the same, well they are not! Shopping for insurance is just like shopping for a truck, you find the coverage you need/want and if your willing to pay for it you get it. If you want the cheapest coverage available there will most likely be restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Same concept as the exclusions in life insurance policy's. My life insurance excludes coverage for activities such as bunjee jumping, hang gliding, etc (risky activities). Some health insurance excludes coverage if injured while riding a motorcycle, etc....
This is another good example of buying the coverage you need/want. My life insurance doesn't have these restrictions. The only non pay restriction my policy has is suicide.

My medical insurance pays when I get hurt, even while riding a motorcycle or bungee jumping.

Not all insurance policies are created equal, stop pretending they are.
2010 Ram 1500 reg cab swb 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 gears, Flowmaster 40 true duals, 2.5 leveling kit, Bridgestone Dueler 275/55/20 on KMC Skitch Wheels, DeeZee steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital fit floor mats
Old 10-17-2012, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

The policies most people have are not what you have then. Most people have "regular" policies with these exclusions, as they are affordable. My policies are expensive, can't imagine what the cost of the policies you're describing is. I actually had to hunt around to find health insurance that would cover myself and my wife on the bike that was affordable.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:47 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
acs0424 is on a distinguished road

Whoa...y'all are so harsh on the guy. Here's how I see it: The guy convinced his insurance company that it would ultimately be less expensive to get the new, higher end bumper than the cheap plastic one. Insurance companies love their money, and they could've seen his point about it being cheaper in the long run (less likely to have to replace a bumper again) and decided to go with it. Props to him for convincing the insurance company to cover the cost of a better part, that's not easy.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:51 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I'm not at all commenting on the aftermarket bumper, but the whole scenario. If you have a claim (legitimate) and want to repair it with other parts then I see no issue in that if the cost is the same. I've done this actually, and paid the additional cost past what the estimate was.

Butter, just for my own curiosity, who is your auto insurer? I'd like to just see how the cost compares. PM me if you don't want to post it here. Thanks.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you had a good time, nothing quite like going off roading

By the way, State Farm Insurance offers a policy that covers Off Roading, as long as you have full coverage

I have also heard that American Family Insurance has a similar policy
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-17-2012, 03:26 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:15
acs0424 is on a distinguished road

Okay, so you don't think the claim is legitimate? I suppose I understand that. Maybe he has some special insurance policy, who knows.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:30 PM

I'll agree I don't know everything, just seemed to me he was bragging about screwing the insurance company...

Old 10-17-2012, 04:16 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:23
BradZ is on a distinguished road

I just dropped off my check about an hour ago for the month and asked them while i"m there. If I hit a tree off roading, I'm covered. I have to pay the deductible.

Lets find out if this claim is good, only one way for sure..... Rug 15, did you lie about what happened to your truck or tell 'em the truth?