DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion All about Off-Road in here! From prep to execution! Let us know how you roll Off Road in your Dodge Ram Truck!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 RC/SB
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:387
Butter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Butter, just for my own curiosity, who is your auto insurer? I'd like to just see how the cost compares. PM me if you don't want to post it here. Thanks.
I'm insured though Farm Bureau. My truck has full coverage 25/50/25 $0.00 comp and $100.00 collision deductibles. Having all my other insurances with them gives me a pretty nice discount so the price is comparable to others. My other policies with them include another car, ATV, boat, home, and life.
2010 Ram 1500 reg cab swb 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 gears, Flowmaster 40 true duals, 2.5 leveling kit, Bridgestone Dueler 275/55/20 on KMC Skitch Wheels, DeeZee steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital fit floor mats

Last edited by Butter; 10-17-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

looks like a fun day. next time, use a synthetic winch strap, it can save lives and windows. as for the ins, if they pay great, but i bet he hates his increases after this.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:23
BradZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntergreen View Post
looks like a fun day. next time, use a synthetic winch strap, it can save lives and windows. as for the ins, if they pay great, but i bet he hates his increases after this.
looks like he'll be happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rug 15 View Post

payed insurance, everything covered for my 500$ deductible and premium didnt raise.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:27 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:621
huntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to allhuntergreen is a name known to all

you need to post company and type of ins you carry, or pm me, i want use them.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:33 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Color: Red
Rep:47
shears is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 ASSAULT 800 View Post
run with no insurance if you dont like paying then... may as well take the insurance off your house at the same time... better to pay and have and not need than not have and need it... this is part of the reason why premiums go up because of stuff like this messing around, and too top it off he destroyed someones boat in the process. But in fairness to the OP shit does happen and it usually sucks when it does. I am surprised he was able to convince his insurance to put a totally different bumper on his truck, I am sure when he renews his insurance his premiums will change
you mad bro????
6" BDS Lift, 35x12.50x18 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 18x9 XD Addicts, FlowMaster Super 10, S&B Cold Air Intake, Solar Gard 20% window tint, WeatherTech DigitalFit floor mats, Debadged, Plasti-Dipped Grill and rear ram head emblem, Tow hooks
Taking Donations for more mods...
Old 10-19-2012, 04:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
FireWire is on a distinguished road

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can get insurance for this kind of vehicle use here in Canada. I think you would have to lie to them to get it covered. I would hope the OP would be smarter than to post about his adventures on a widely read forum and then to BS his insurance company.

Last edited by FireWire; 10-20-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:40 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:963
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Someone said it right earlier; The Can of Worms has just been opened on this one! I just want to say, I liked the articulation pics and way to use your 4x4 bud. You are making me want to find another muddin hole.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 PM

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 SPORT
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:21
ArmyRXP is on a distinguished road

Ok so lets try to shed some light on this and not just go off the deep end and bash someone. Just by looking at his location I believe he is military, if this is so and he has USAA insurance then yes it would be coverd and not raise rates. Here is a excerpt from their site on the "Comprehensive Insurance" which does include a $500 decutable.

Comprehensive CoveragePays for damage to your car resulting from any incident other than a collision or rollover. That includes damage due to theft, fire, vandalism, flooding and hail.

So if he does have USAA then it is possible that is it covered. USAA is a great company for insurance.

Now Im not taking his side on this as it was something he did, but he did call his insurance company. He could have chose to drive it the way it was and buy all the parts but if you have insurance then that is what its for. Lets look at health insurance, you go to the doctor do you use your insurance or do you just pay out of pocket? Little things probably pay out of pocket then big stuff use insurance. If you have comprehensive then why not use it?

Gary

Last edited by ArmyRXP; 10-19-2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: errors
Old 10-19-2012, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3872
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

I'd never heard of the type of insurance policy the OP claims.

Not saying his blowing in the wind.... I'd just never heard of it.

Grub out!
Old 10-20-2012, 01:47 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram QC
Rep:23
BradZ is on a distinguished road

mine doesn't say anything about having to be on a certain kind of road.

Quote:
Comprehensive Coverage pays for a covered car that's stolen or damaged by causes other than collision or upset. For example, damage caused by the following is covered:

• Fire
  • Wind
  • Hail
  • Flood
  • Earthquake
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Hitting a bird or animal

Comprehensive Coverage will also pay for substitute transportation expenses of up to $25 a day ($750 maximum) if your car is stolen. Payments will be made beginning when you tell us of the theft. A deductible is not required.

Please note that if you lease or have a loan on your covered vehicle, your leasing company or lending institution may require you to buy this coverage.

Should I carry a deductible even though I don't have to?

Higher deductibles will lower your premium but increase the amount you must pay out of your own pocket if a loss occurs. Ask yourself how much you're willing to pay in order to save money on premiums.
according to my agent, there'd be no issue covering it, but my rates would climb and I'd immediately lose my safe driving discount.

Last edited by BradZ; 10-20-2012 at 01:50 AM.