DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram 4x4 - Offroad Discussion All about Off-Road in here! From prep to execution! Let us know how you roll Off Road in your Dodge Ram Truck!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 RC/SB
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:398
Butter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampDonkey2012 View Post
One other thing; you have the right to have it fixed where and how you want. There shouldn't be any 'Talking them into' covering the Ram Runner bumper.

Tell the insurance company to cut you a check for Damages. Go cash it. Get what you want fixed with what parts you choose at the shop of your choice. Done deal.
I don't know if it's different from state to state but here if your truck has a lien on it the insurance and the lien holder have to approve the repairs. You can choose any approved shop to do the work.

My truck is paid for so when I had damage the insurance co wrote me a check and it was up to me what I wanted to do after that.
2010 Ram 1500 reg cab swb 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 gears, Flowmaster 40 true duals, 2.5 leveling kit, Bridgestone Dueler 275/55/20 on KMC Skitch Wheels, DeeZee steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital fit floor mats
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge RAM Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport w/ Sunroof
Color: Pearl Black
Rep:13
SwampDonkey2012 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I don't know if it's different from state to state but here if your truck has a lien on it the insurance and the lien holder have to approve the repairs. You can choose any approved shop to do the work.

My truck is paid for so when I had damage the insurance co wrote me a check and it was up to me what I wanted to do after that.
That's a very good and valid point. It may very well vary by state. Here in TX, you can ask for the full amount of the claim, and there is no follow up to see what was fixed and what wasn't. Causes a bit of fraud, with people taking the money and doing no repairs.

In most cases they will try everything short of telling you it's illegal to just cut you the check. It took me talking to three people, and telling them it was my business how and where I get my vehicle fixed, and they finally gave in and mailed me a check. They did state they would come out to inspect repairs at some point, but never did. If you don't get it fixed properly, you're only hurting yourself in the long run anyway, bc your resale will go down.

But it really helps in this case. Where factory stuff is much more expensive, and far less quality. Just saying, everyone has different priorities, law to abide by, insurance policies, premiums, deductibles, and so on. Jumping his case not knowing any of this is a little extreme in my opinion.

Just share some pics of the new ride fixed; "Better than New" and let's all just move on!!
Old 10-25-2012, 03:30 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge 4X4 (HULK SMASH)
Trim Level: SLT Lone Star 4x4
Color: Gun Metal Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
HULK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by col View Post
Looks like a lot of fun but i guess you've opened a big ass can of worms here man...
this guy must feel dumb
Old 10-29-2012, 12:47 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:23
BradZ is on a distinguished road

still waiting for the new pics.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:27 AM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:139
SnoylCC5 will become famous soon enoughSnoylCC5 will become famous soon enough

I just want to say that that looks like a lot of fun! it sucks what happened to his truck but still, he had insurance and they said they would pay. Thats the end of it. Up until 4 months ago i was paying almost $4000 a year just to cover my truck! If i was off-roading and that happened to me, my insurance had better freaking cover it! If i pay that much and go 3+years without one claim, you better pony up and pay the $2000 if i have one accident regardless of what im doing (providing i didn't have any bad intentions on doing it on purpose. Now i just want to see the pics of his new bumper on his truck!!

Mods: Debadged, plasti-dip all chrome, 2.5" leveling kit, 10000k HID's, Superchips Flashpaq 3865, red interior LED's
Soon to come: 6" suspension lift, 35" or 37" tires, New rims (undecided), 5% tint all around, LED tailgate bar
Old 10-29-2012, 11:37 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I think you guys will be waiting a long time for pics. I think this was just one of those "look at me" threads, sort of like that "I'm going to linex my whole truck" thread...

...unsubscribe...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:48 AM

yea... i know i would love a new ramrunner bumper lol

Mods: Debadged, plasti-dip all chrome, 2.5" leveling kit, 10000k HID's, Superchips Flashpaq 3865, red interior LED's
Soon to come: 6" suspension lift, 35" or 37" tires, New rims (undecided), 5% tint all around, LED tailgate bar
Old 10-29-2012, 12:05 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Powerwagon
Color: Black/Red
Rep:29
Sledlvr is on a distinguished road

There sure a lot of self righteous Ram owners on here !!!, and for the record, my insurance covers me anywhere , except racing and using the vehicle in the commission of a crime , so as long as I'm wheeling where it's legal, I'm covered
37x12.50 17' Super Swampers , HID's, Bullydog tuner,Catch can,Volant Powercore CAI, 4" Dynomax exhaustfor a 6.7 diesel, Kenwood TM271 65w VHF radio,240mm Lightforce Blitz HID driving lights,Custom 8'x9' aluminum sled deck
Old 10-29-2012, 12:31 PM

YEA YEA!!! Gotta love the powerwagon!!! Im jealous sir

Old 11-15-2012, 12:48 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500 ST
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Rep:53
Rug 15 will become famous soon enough

WOAHH soo angry sorry i have been out of the loop for a while... but let me answer some of this

first shit guys why so angry? i pay a pretty good amount for insurance. thats FULL coverage. no matter what i do. i use USAA because i am in the military and they are great. they have been nothing but helpful dealin with this issue.

i get why some are angry... but i wasnt trying to sound like a douche... just trying to show i had a bit of fun in my truck... had a bit of bad lucked.. and SOMEHOW turned it around to benifit me. honestley i didnt think it would work but like others have stated.. the ramrunner is CHEAPER thann the plastic. (this is cause not only the cover was broke.. the sub bumper.. all the clips... and everything to do with that system needed replace.) it came out at 2k for just the bumper.... and the ramrunner is 1200. insurances likes their money. so they went for it.

no this isnt fake. i havent uploaded any pics cause....

trucks still in shop. lol yes it has been a MONTH damn bumper is on back order. sucks ive been assured that bumper is "almost here"

all in all.. yes. i feel a little bad takin my truck and beatin on it. but.. i think.... its a truck. im doing what it may not be designed to do.. but is deffinatly capable of doing. i dont do anything too crazy.. and im learning more and more everytime i go out. i got VERY lucky on this situation. very. and im glad. cause this could have been a terrible mistake for me if i was not covered. but ive learned and will be more careful

those being cool.. thank you for the kind comments

those hatin... fine. hate on me. i pay for insurance. its my truck. i do.. what i want. figured id just share

ill post whenever i get this damn bumper