DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-16-2012, 02:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 TRX4
Trim Level: TRX4
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:195
robpayneusaf has a spectacular aura aboutrobpayneusaf has a spectacular aura about
Default My 2010 TRX4 Mods

I purchased my used 2010 Ram 1500 TRX4 about a month ago (while deployed to Afghanistan). I returned about 3 days ago, and I have started making mods so that I can call it my own. Below are before and after pictures of each mod that i've made. With more to come. Let me know what you think!

1)Dupli-Color Shadow painted Emblems and Exhaust Tips

I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone that's wanting to black out their truck easily. Thanks to brad12kx for his write up on it! That thread is HERE

Grille Emblem before and after:

RAM lettering before and after (may still debadge the sides at a later date, I can't decide......):

Tailgate Emblem before and after:

2) Flowmaster 50 Series HD Dual Exhaust

This exhaust sounds perfect on my truck. It has a nice low growl when you start the engine and sounds great when I get on the throttle. I wanted an exhaust that wasn't TOO loud. If you're looking for the same, then this is the Exhaust for you!

3) B-Light Bed Lighting and Plasmaglow LED Footwell Lights with Plasmaglow Activator Switches

This is a great mod. I've done this to previous vehicles and will continue to do it on all future vehicles. I feel so "in the dark" in vehicles without them. I have not been able to take pictures at night yet, but will post them as soon as I can.

4) 10% Tinted Windows

The truck is at the shop this afternoon getting the tint applied. I will post these pictures as soon as I get a chance.

That's all for now, but feel free to let me know of any future mods that you might suggest! I am very open minded. For those of you that are still here, thanks for reading and look for more to come!
Old 10-16-2012, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: 2003 dodge ram 1500 reg cab
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:155
99gp has a spectacular aura about99gp has a spectacular aura about

Sharp looking truck. Questions about your led's? did you just do foot well or did you also change the interior lights over to led?
Old 10-16-2012, 02:37 PM

robpayneusaf has a spectacular aura aboutrobpayneusaf has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99gp View Post
Sharp looking truck. Questions about your led's? did you just do foot well or did you also change the interior lights over to led?
At the moment I've just installed the footwell lights and bed lights, but I am planning on replacing all interior lights and exterior lights (license plate, reverse, third brake cargo light). I also plan on installing HID headlights.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 2003 dodge ram 1500 reg cab
Trim Level: SLT Sport
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:155
99gp has a spectacular aura about99gp has a spectacular aura about

Good choice. The reason i asked was because I changed my interior lights and cargo lights to led and WOW I love them
Old 10-16-2012, 06:43 PM

Default Warning

EDIT/WARNING

Be very cautious when applying duplicolor shadow to exhaust tips!! The label says that it is safe, but after my first trip, I now have GOLDEN exhaust tips! Looks like the duplicolor could not stand the heat!
Old 10-16-2012, 10:37 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

I like the direction your heading with your mods.

The exhaust tip issue is interesting (in a not so warm and fussy kind of way). Did you take some pics of the Golden tips??

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI
Old 10-16-2012, 10:54 PM

I have not yet! But I will tomorrow... It's an interesting look to say the least lol but I plan on aggressively cleaning/re-prepping then re-painting with black header paint (rated for 1300-2000 degrees!)
Old 10-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Just some guy in Canada

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: Sport
Rep:2581
brad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond reputebrad12kx has a reputation beyond repute

Header paint will work.

Interested in one of my mods?
If it's underlined, it's a link to that mods thread.

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi Sport, 3.92, Leather, NAV, Alpine, Sunroof, Trailer tow, Brake Contoller, Rear Cam
Mods - 3M clear protect, Decals removed, Electric Tailgate Lock, Tow Hooks, Skid Plates, Bed Rug, Pace Edwards Bedlocker Electric Tonneau, Timbren Rear SES, Tinted Tail Lights, Debadged, Grill Blacked Out, Shorty Antenna, Black Chromed Emblems, Lightly tinted front windows, DS Predator, Cabin Air Filter, K&N Drop In, Mufflex (Magnaflo) DOD24M, Sonnax line pressure booster, Volant CAI