DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Detailing and General Maintenance Forum > Washing & Waxing
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Washing & Waxing Washing and Waxing your Dodge Ram! Talk about it here!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: no car
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:3238
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good car wash product

I know I am probably opening up a can of worms here, but who makes a real good SUDSY car wash product? I just ran out of the one my wife bought me when I first got the truck. It was O.K., just not sudsy enough. My old man used to use dish washing liquid, but I have read things (like on autogeek.com) that say NOT to use it. What do you guys think?
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:47
GhostR1der is on a distinguished road

I use adams car wash shampoo. I like it and it smells good lol. I think chemical guys have a soap called maxi suds or something like that. Don't use dish waging soap unless your trying to strip all the old wax and other products off.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:45 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:912
primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

maxi sudds is one that gets great reviews..i have it, and i find it just ok...most guys are using it in a foam cannon, and im just a two bucket washer. i much prefer Poorboy super slick and sudds.

if you are looking to oreder something online, id look into Poorboys super slick and suds, or chemical guys citrus wash n gloss...both very nice bucket washing soaps.

The best bang for the buck however, is Duragloss Car Wash Concentrate or their rinseless wash with Aquawax...
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:11 PM

The chemical guys citrus wash is what I was referring to but I got confused with the maxi suds in the foam gun/lance.
Old 10-19-2012, 09:17 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Adam's Premium Car Care.

Click the image below.

Grub out!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:45 PM

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
I know I am probably opening up a can of worms here, but who makes a real good SUDSY car wash product? I just ran out of the one my wife bought me when I first got the truck. It was O.K., just not sudsy enough. My old man used to use dish washing liquid, but I have read things (like on autogeek.com) that say NOT to use it. What do you guys think?
I bought a product, it was inexpensive and very very sudsy and smooth. It is turtle wax car wash plus wax. It works extremely well and leaves a actual wax like appearance and a thin wax like coat. And it smells good too. A gallon is like 6 bucks. Trust me it's good stuff, but stay away from turtle wax interior dash board cleaner, if you have a painted dash it takes some of the paint off if you use it often. Ask me how I Know lol...
Old 10-19-2012, 09:57 PM

primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

you know there was alot of hype surrounding the adams line of detailing supplies...so much so that i actually was going to be a distributor of the products...until i tired them.

i dont want to knock the Adams line, and i never tried any of the polishes (which is what i was really interested in), but some of the stuff i tried was terrible. the only thing i liked was the undercarriage spray..and that was just ok...therefore i never ended up getting on the adams bandwagon...too bad though..thee seems to be such a fiollowing, that im might have been able to move the products...unfortunately, i never really stood behind, or liked really much of what i tried.

while i never tried the car wash, I did try and didnt like the detail spray, the window cleaner, the waterless wash or the APC.
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

Last edited by primo spaghetti; 10-19-2012 at 10:28 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:04 PM

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram B2500 Van
Trim Level: SLT - 2500
Color: Deep Molten Pearl Coat, Silver, Grey
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:128
ramvan2500 will become famous soon enoughramvan2500 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo spaghetti View Post
you know there was alot of hype surrounding the adams line of detailing supplies...so much so that i actually was going to be a distributor of the products...until i tired them.

i dont want to knock the Adams line, and i never tried any of the polishes (which is what i was really interested in), but some of the stuff i tried was terrible. the only thing i liked was the undercarriage spray..and that was just ok...therefore i never ended up getting on the adams bandwagon...too bad though..thee seems to be such a fiollowing, that im might have been able to move the products...unfortunately, i never really stood behind, or liked really much of what i tried.

while i never tried the car wash, I did try and didnt like t like the detail spray, the window cleaner, the waterless wash or the APC.
Good thing you brought that up because I never heard of adam's. I think you should also give that turtle wax stuff I use a try, it's very very good. I was actually impressed because I don't trust wash with wax inside. I just do a wash then do a couple coats of carnuba wax. I like synthetic waxes because it actually seems to be a bit more shiney but the carnuba lasts longer. Sadly where my truck is, all dirt roads. So I clean it and less then a mile it literally covered in dust :'( So I essentially wash it every weekend. But I absolutely love the turtle wax products. I never tried mcquires but I know that stuff is awesome for black trucks.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primo spaghetti View Post

while i never tried the car wash, I did try and didnt like the detail spray, the window cleaner, the waterless wash or the APC.
I have to say that is very weird that you didn't like any of those. Detail spray and the waterless wash are some of my favorites. Different folks for different folks though. I knew I liked it after a few times of getting a little technique down and people always complimenting on my truck. I'm pretty much known for having the cleanest black truck around (just don't look right now) lol.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:44 AM

yeah i dont mean to disrespect the Adams line, but maybe i didnt give it enought time...there must be something to the products, or it wouldnt have such a loyal following, and every vehicle ive seen that uses adams polsihes look great. for some reason i couldnt get into the products i tried...except the undercarriage spray...i loved it..and the grape smell....

I also did try and put the APC to a good test. i had to clean the crud from the bottom of my recycling boxes..you know the dried food/pop/and god know whatever else leaks out in there...I ried the APC on that and it didnt touch it...two shots of mean green (which i think is an environmentally safe/respecting product which usually = crap) ate right through it...

with that being said, if i do get the chance to try the polishes out im going to..