DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpatel View Post
Just a heads up, I bought the wiring harness from Princess auto for hallogen lights that includes a inline 40 amp fuse, breaker, instructions and a self adhesive button switch for $16.00. A friend gave me a set of brand new Hella Ford 5" round sealed lights, that I plan to install. I will be installing mine in the top half of the grill. Andrew
Thats not bad!
Got a part number for that for those who want to grab one?

2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from DiabloSport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Laramie 4X4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mrpatel is on a distinguished road

Yep its called "40A universal lighting harness" by powerfist #8392201. It comes with the 20A in-line fuse and 18 ga wiring terminals for Dual lighting. I got mine from the Hamilton store. Andrew
Old 03-04-2013, 01:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Oudoorsman
Color: White
Rep:39
Outdoorsman2012 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
I am going to do this mod to my truck, has anybody installed the ones from ebay yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-27w-4-rou...088406&vxp=mtr

I was going to put the piaa's on but these look nice and are cheaper....

thanks
I've Been following for a little while now. I bought lights almost identical to these from tuff led lights on amazon. Should have got them sat. But they require signature. Should get them today or tmrw. I called tuff led up and spoke to a guy who sounded like the owner. I bough two lights just like the ones in the ebay for $79 with shipping. These lights arent on amazon as he just got them in. There supposed to be a driving fog light combo. He also said there 2100 lumens . If you look at review for his lights on amazon that's why i bought them. They also cost 20 $ more bc they are the driving style. I was a little sketched out at first but i bought them wed. Night and they would have been delivered last sat of i was home. Will post pics as soon as possible so you guys can see. Also said if im not happy give him a call and he will refund my money
Old 03-07-2013, 07:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Trim Level: ST
y2kflhr is on a distinguished road

can't wait for your report, as soon as it warms up a bit I want to do this mod to my truck
Old 03-07-2013, 11:00 PM

Well i can tell you lights are bright. Seem to be well made approx. 2lbs each. Have lots of cooling fins on back,not sure the purpose since they are led and throw no heat. I just quickly ran them off jumper cables from the battery to make sure they were bright before i installed them. Should easily have them installed sat as its supposed be to 50 and sunny. Now on to light output. This is my first set of led lights lights so cant compare to more expensive brands. Light is more of a fog light i would say its about a 45 degree pattern as it doesn't get wide quickly but isn't a spot like other lights ive had. Light goes about as far as high beams and overtakes them slightly. Its a very white light so easy to see from my stock halogens. Will post pics of installation but so far I'm happy with the lights
Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I am trying to get the drivers side white line lit up, I have the stock bulbs and not the double bulb setup on my truck, so when it rains at night I can barely follow my lane, do you think these will achieve this?

any pics and tips from your install are always appreciated, its snowing here again, so I don't see this getting done till next month the earliest....
Old 03-08-2013, 09:35 AM

Just for clarification, you have the quad lights or do you have the lights where one bulb is your high and low beams. I have the quads. My high beams are so so. But my low beams should just be illegal they're that bad, fog lights i think are the best. They're the only reason i can drive with low beams on is bc of fogs. Sounds more like your looking for a fog light. These are on amazon for 50 plus shipping. Make sure seller is tuffledlightsdotcom. The guy told me there is another company selling knockoffs of his product even using his pictures i think they're mc tuning and will say ships from china. Will deff take pictures and i will try to be installing using a switch also only downfall i see is that each light only includes about two feet of wire
Old 03-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outdoorsman2012 View Post
Just for clarification, you have the quad lights or do you have the lights where one bulb is your high and low beams. I have the quads. My high beams are so so. But my low beams should just be illegal they're that bad, fog lights i think are the best. They're the only reason i can drive with low beams on is bc of fogs. Sounds more like your looking for a fog light. These are on amazon for 50 plus shipping. Make sure seller is tuffledlightsdotcom. The guy told me there is another company selling knockoffs of his product even using his pictures i think they're mc tuning and will say ships from china. Will deff take pictures and i will try to be installing using a switch also only downfall i see is that each light only includes about two feet of wire
I have the single bulb setup, and it sux! when I do this I am going to change the bulbs to silverstars or something, because it seems you have to pull the grill to get the headlight assembly off (stupid)......
Old 03-09-2013, 10:20 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: Black
Rep:161
TimW has a spectacular aura aboutTimW has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpatel View Post
Yep its called "40A universal lighting harness" by powerfist #8392201. It comes with the 20A in-line fuse and 18 ga wiring terminals for Dual lighting. I got mine from the Hamilton store. Andrew
Were are you in Niagara ??
Old 03-11-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kflhr View Post
I have the single bulb setup, and it sux! when I do this I am going to change the bulbs to silverstars or something, because it seems you have to pull the grill to get the headlight assembly off (stupid)......
Yeah you got to pull the grill off. So i dis install them will try to load pictures soon. Wifes been on me to finish our living room renovation lol. So they are really bright even with grill on, i have the black honey comb grill. I have these fed by a relay off the battery and a switch in the cab near my right knee. Im very glad i didn't just tap off the high beams. There is no way the police would allow me to drive on the streets with these. There is no direction with these beams they throw lights anywhere and everywhere. All the way to the trees only twenty feet away. I like them but wish they had more direction. There perfect for off roading as they throw light up and down for tight areas. There not super wide or super far but as i said before about a 45 degree pattern. I would not recommend installing these without a switch. If you have a slow driver in front of you or someone pulls out in front of you they wont be there for long thats for sure