DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram HEMI
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
armstrong87 is on a distinguished road
Default superchips or predator?

My truck is a crew cab 2wd with 3.55 gears.

Ok so besides the point that the predator is tunable, which one do you guys think is better. I currently have a predator, and wanting to swap out to a superchips, but i dont want to go the wrong way and waste money. If someone wants to swap, pm me and maybe we can work something out. I will unmarry it first!!!!
Sponsored links
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

From my experience with diablo and SC (not necessarily all on chrysler products), the SC tunes outperform the diablo tunes. You also get significantly better transmission control with the SC. The only benefit of the diablo is custom tuning. I'd get the SC every time unless I had serious work done like cam, head work, etc. Basically bolt ons get SC, internals get diablo for custom tunability. That's my opinion from my experience.

A friend had a diablo and had poor starting because the timing was advanced a lot, he'd have to crank it a while, stop, then crank again and it'd start hard. The SC doesn't have this issue because it doesn't advance the timing so much at start up. Then when floored his car would spit out a cloud of black smoke(WAY rich). Switched to SC and this went away. He ran several tenths faster in the 1/4 mile with the SC as well.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:43 PM

Thats kinda what i was thinking also. This is my first rodeo with dodge, and before i would just pay 100 bucks and got my chevy tuned and ran like a raped ape. But i moved on to dodge so now i have to relearn all these gbings again. Thanks for the info.... now i just need to find me a superchips for a decent price or find someone that wants to trade my predator for a superchip...
Old 10-25-2012, 11:59 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Most people on here prefer diablo. Nothing wrong with it. Just like I said, the SC outperforms from my experience.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:01 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
From my experience with diablo and SC (not necessarily all on chrysler products), the SC tunes outperform the diablo tunes. You also get significantly better transmission control with the SC. The only benefit of the diablo is custom tuning. I'd get the SC every time unless I had serious work done like cam, head work, etc. Basically bolt ons get SC, internals get diablo for custom tunability. That's my opinion from my experience.

A friend had a diablo and had poor starting because the timing was advanced a lot, he'd have to crank it a while, stop, then crank again and it'd start hard. The SC doesn't have this issue because it doesn't advance the timing so much at start up. Then when floored his car would spit out a cloud of black smoke(WAY rich). Switched to SC and this went away. He ran several tenths faster in the 1/4 mile with the SC as well.
i would have to agree the first half of what ^^^he said

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:57 AM

Thanks for the info fellas, i think imma try the superchips.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:47 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrong87 View Post
Thanks for the info fellas, i think imma try the superchips.
i do not believe they have anything out or even rumored to no solid rumors yet, however who knows maybe they are better at keeping things hush hush and we will get something from them at SEMA also

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
i do not believe they have anything out or even rumored to no solid rumors yet, however who knows maybe they are better at keeping things hush hush and we will get something from them at SEMA also
He has a 2010, which the superchips works on.

I'd get a flashpaq 3865 for your truck armstrong.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:52 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
He has a 2010, which the superchips works on.

I'd get a flashpaq 3865 for your truck armstrong.
aww i see that now, been in 2011+ talk all morning my apologies, yes super-chips would be the way to go my friend unless you want a custom tune then diablosport is the way to go

Last edited by Bully's Performance; 10-26-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:55 AM

No worries. Just FYI, 2009 and 2010 ram 1500's are also considered 4th gen.