Well, I got the new tires mounted! Not as aggressive as I like or am used to but, these feel 1000x better than the Transforce ATs. Those should be renamed to Transcrap BS lol.
These tires are great. The handling is better, the stopping distance has improved as well as how smooth the stop is. The ride itself is amazing. I'm sold on these. If I get into more off-roading stuff, I'll have to drop the cash on a set of rims & BFG ATs, but that's another story for another day!
I have the bestop tailgate step installed! It looks nice. I hope it holds up!
I do have a question for everyone here since a few people are following my build. The ride isn't smooth enough & I'm a n00b, so I need some solid advice. I need to make this truck much less bumpy, & I know, it has a harsh ride. Well, I can't return the truck and I don't want to! So, what can I do to make the ride smoother?
SO here's a pick of the undercarriage:
So, from what I see & my super limited knowledge, I have a few options:
1.Get a different set of leaf springs.
2. Install an air-bag like device meant for softening the ride (if there is such a thing; not meant to level the bed out)
3. Get new shocks (not sure what to get)
4. Have another set of shocks added (not sure where)
5. Level the rear.
6. Some combination of the first 5 options.
7. Bonus Option (if I get new shocks, should I also get new front shocks?)
Sorry if some of this is really simple stuff to answer. I've never had to modify a vehicle, short of adding a few exterior cosmetic things. Any help is appreciated!