DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-05-2014, 12:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:120
Firemedic10584 will become famous soon enoughFiremedic10584 will become famous soon enough
Default I'm sorry for not using the search function!!

Just this morning I've read through about 4 or 5 threads where new members are asking questions that have been asked 1000 times on here. I just want to apologize if I was that guy when I first came around. The search function is your friend!!!
Sponsored links
Old 11-05-2014, 12:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

LOL
The Search Function can also be a quagmire
Several times i have searched through it & i didn't come up with the correct phrase
Then i refer to Google & on many occasions the results point right back to the RamforumZ for the answer
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
LOL
The Search Function can also be a quagmire
Several times i have searched through it & i didn't come up with the correct phrase
Then i refer to Google & on many occasions the results point right back to the RamforumZ for the answer
Agree GT, the search function here is good but sometimes it hasn't worked for me. If I go to google with same question I get a better search result with the top matches heading me right back here!!
Old 11-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 crew cab 2wd
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:130
Mopar Big Horn will become famous soon enoughMopar Big Horn will become famous soon enough

I use my phone 99% of the time to get on here and i can not use the search function. So I will usually Google it first and as GT and Shawn said... The Z is usually the top search result. If I don't find anything through Google I will than start a thread.
Old 11-05-2014, 02:39 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black Gold Pearlcoat
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:38
rcmpvet is on a distinguished road

Hence my signature line -
Old 11-05-2014, 04:02 PM
Is tired of the BS too

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

The search function seems rarely used. It seems to pay off more often that not. We are a society of people that want quick answers and don't want to wait.

It doesn't help much that if someone has a headlight problem and they start a thread...I hate my stupid truck.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:32 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
SShadow1974 has a spectacular aura aboutSShadow1974 has a spectacular aura about

The search function never works for me. I don't know if you need to be super specific or what... But I'll search for "done to ram today" to get that thread, and it NEVER ever appears in pages and pages of threads. It's useless to me. I end up subscribing and then looking at my subscribed list to find previous threads... But that doesn't help if I am looking for something I've not subbed to before.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:52 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi 4X4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Morbid611 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
The search function seems rarely used. It seems to pay off more often that not. We are a society of people that want quick answers and don't want to wait.

It doesn't help much that if someone has a headlight problem and they start a thread...I hate my stupid truck.
You hit the nail right on the head Warlock III. I've seen allot of thread titles that had nothing to do with what the person was even talking about. That's why me and allot of other people just start a new thread to get the latest information and even more people to see it to help a situation with there Ram.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Is tired of the BS too

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III
Default It up here in the title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid611 View Post
You hit the nail right on the head Warlock III. I've seen allot of thread titles that had nothing to do with what the person was even talking about. That's why me and allot of other people just start a new thread to get the latest information and even more people to see it to help a situation with there Ram.

A lot of times if I see a thread and the member has solved their problem I post what the problem was ("96/2nd gen won't start") I rep them and post the title and "solved" in the title.

Have yet to figure out if it helps when using the search function and see "solved" after it. I figure sooner or later I'll see it.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Drewficus

Vehicle: 2012 RAM
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Mineral greay
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:78
Sixfive will become famous soon enough

Couldn't find this thread with the search button???