DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-21-2013, 12:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:206
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

and more

Old 12-06-2013, 02:26 AM

sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Looking at possibly moving in in less than 2 weeks.... Finally hired an old friend to complete my drywall finishing. he owns his own business specializing in drywall. I should be painting the second floor by Monday while he finishes the first floor then I will paint the first floor while another contractor starts laying the flooring on the second level. 1350sqft of laminate....
Had my HVAC system installed 2 weeks ago, all new appliances delivered this last weekend.... its moving fast now, installing cabinets this weekend and countertop will be ordered next week

Old 12-06-2013, 04:38 AM

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram 1500
Color: Red
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:254
Bigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the roughBigred74 is a jewel in the rough

wow just went thru all 15 pages, house looks amazing!! great job man!

*Bedliner paint job, leveling kit, 3'' body lift, 17'' eagle alloy rims series 197, 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grappler M/T tires, S&B cold air intake, 52mm ported and bored throttle body, Superchips 3865 programmer
Old 12-07-2013, 04:12 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good. You'll be living there in no time.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:15 PM

skim coated everything... close to ready for paint on the second floor

Old 12-20-2013, 09:33 PM

wiring completed, plumbing finished, its all coming together nicely. Still got some mudding to finish and then paint before flooring goes down. Kitchen will be completed tomorrow except countertops, they are in the process of being cut to order and should be delivered/installed after the first of the year. If you noticed the kitchen floor plan was changed, there will be an island ordered in the future as originally planned, we finally got the floor plan to work around it. Had to do a little extra framing, re-route the electrical and add electrical for the microwave. So here are a few more teasers, enjoy!

Old 12-20-2013, 09:57 PM

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement, its coming together slowly but surely. Was hoping to be in by the first of December to Celebrate Christmas and start a new year there, but that has been shot down the tubes. I hired an old friend from school ( has his own drywalling business ) and it was all supposed to be ready for paint end of November but for some reason he took a bigger job and left in the middle of the work ( Ive been paying him cash daily ) but as soon as i paid him one day he left shortly after and stole a few items as well. ( I would open up for him to get in, he would lock up on the way out ) i would go check on things later and clean up behind him so he had a clean debris free work day the next... well, he stole a few tools, microwave and a mountain bike as well as do a slap shit job on some drywall work in the sunroom, I ended up straighten it out, hope to get it taped this weekend and mudded next week. Im pissed about what he did, so he just better hope I dont see him out somewhere.
Been a long road, over a year now and so close to being done... Just hard to find the help I need.
Another issue I have is, all the debris I had thrown out in the shed, I now need to get it cleaned out. I am trying to figure my options to get rid of it. I will need a 30-40cuyd dumpster and some hired hands.... its just never ending.
I do need some mud work finished but my main concern is someone to sand everything as I cant, its very minumal since I mud lightly ( perfection almost to a sin ) but my neck/back/shoulders just cant handle it. Anyways, I got a full weekend to get as much as I can done. Finish the cabinets, and whatever other small stuff. Everyone is welcome to come do anything to help...lol Just let me know.
Merry Christmas to everyone and a Happy New Year, stay safe !!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 10:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1054
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

I drywalled an attic like yours this summer. Pain in the ass. Took 45 8ft sheets of half inch. But only took 5 hrs of intense labor to sand it. If you were up here in Ontario, I'd lend you a hand. But MO is a bit too far. Good luck tho.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowUFO View Post
I drywalled an attic like yours this summer. Pain in the ass. Took 45 8ft sheets of half inch. But only took 5 hrs of intense labor to sand it. If you were up here in Ontario, I'd lend you a hand. But MO is a bit too far. Good luck tho.
Tell me about it, imagine, my upstairs hallway is 28" wide and 7' high, trying to lug 4x8x1/2 yourself up a screwed up staircase and manuever an "L" shaped hall....lol IMPOSSIBLE. I couldnt believe how many sheets of drywall were needed, I believe it was 16 sheets per room and the bathroom was the worst with the compound angles for a ceiling, nothing in the house is square ( 1925 ) they probly used twigs for a level at the time?
Sanding, I cant do... trying to find some helping hands still, its crazy. Ive done this over 27 years, 15 professionally and cant anymore due to injuries. But its getting there, real close now, but the holidays are upon us and help is harder to get now. But I bet you when I have the house warming with the BBQ and all, lets see who starts whining why they werent invited...lol
Old 12-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1054
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Oh yeah, funny how that works. nobody wants to help w the chitty work. But everybody wants free food.
Maybe consider renting a drywall sander from Home Depot. They're pretty light. They don't suck up the dust very well, but they can seriously shorten the length of time to do the job and much less effort required..
Or just buy the one without dust collection from King Drywall for $239 and sell it on Kijiji after you're done with it.