DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-21-2013, 10:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Damn Mike, that house has come a long way, you have done yourself proud

You have been through a few set backs though, including lazy or horny helpers
Now a friend with sticky fingers or at least he let someone in with that condition
I'm guessing your almost ready to find another dog

I hope the Holidays find you & your family in a better position then you were at this time last year

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year

Tom
aka GT_yankee
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Sponsored links
Old 12-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:206
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Damn Mike, that house has come a long way, you have done yourself proud

You have been through a few set backs though, including lazy or horny helpers
Now a friend with sticky fingers or at least he let someone in with that condition
I'm guessing your almost ready to find another dog

I hope the Holidays find you & your family in a better position then you were at this time last year

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year

Tom
aka GT_yankee
Yep, things picked up mommentum since my wife and I started working things out, she bought all the appliances, helped pay for the HVAC system, buy some materials.... So in all, we are alot better than last year. I have a friend ( an old best friends sister from highschool) he and her hubby had puppies with their full blooded Huskies... thats didnt sound right, but you know what I mean...lol Well, one pup may not have a home and if the buyers dont follow up, they are going to gift it to me. So, it is a waiting game right now. I called the old breeder to try and get Storm back but they gave her to another home since they didnt have room to keep her any longer ( kinda pissed me off they didnt call me back first to see if I wanted her still or if I could even keep her at the house yet)
Anyways, been hurting... but whats to do? lol

Merry Christmas Tom to you and your Family, have a safe one as well as a Happy New Year !!!!
Old 12-23-2013, 06:15 AM

sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Got a little more done. Framed the kitchen window and stained. Added light in front of fridge since it was a dark spot. Finally taped the ceiling in the sunroom, will continue Thursday after the holiday.

Old 12-25-2013, 04:24 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Still looking great, Mike!
Old 12-25-2013, 09:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1054
LowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud ofLowUFO has much to be proud of

Huge project. Still impressed with the volume of work being undertaken.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:13 PM

Thanks everyone.
Yes, it has been a hughe project from the start. What little help I get from time to time from some old close friends when they can help and some hired hands ( craigslist, word of mouth) has helped a great deal over the year. From the start things were slow, just cleaning up the property (trees, brush, trash ) then the tear out started when the weather got cooler with the help of old friends. Things were slow, funds were in short supply, family issues were eating at me along with the pain issues of my back and neck and new issues developing ( corpal tunnel, virtego, gall bladder removal...ect) Finally realized anger issues from getting injured and losing my career and suffering from pain constantly was the cause and got everything figured out that it wasnt worth the suffering that life finally got back on track.
We were shooting for a Dec 1st move in but it didnt happen because the help I had was far in between and some slackers, so now we are just going to take our time to finish as it isnt much more but since we missed for decorating we will be better prepared for next year.
I told my wife, Id like to do a haunted field for holloween if we do, since the locals know its haunted ( supposedly)
Ive taken a break since my back pain has been severe lately that even simple things as getting out of bed and dressed lately hurts like... ARRGGGHHHH !!!! lol
I need to hire a few drywall sanders soon if I cant find help so paint will be going on soon, once paint is done the flooring will go down and Im done ! Probly be a good month or 2 still, depending on my mood and pain.

Hope everyone had a merry christmas and a happy new years coming up in a few days, We had a good time at my parents and at my wifes sisters place with her family as well. Kids had one of the best christmas' this year than we had in a long while.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:32 PM

Countertops came in, installed, sink and bar installed..Kitchen complete except a little painting on staircase and touch up around countertops

Old 01-05-2014, 12:58 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Looks great! Now, dishes, dirty dishes, and more dirty dishes.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:48 AM
Is a sloppy perfectionist

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1694
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

I know I said this somewhere before...

A friend of mine was redoing his house years ago and there was a small closet in the laundry room.

To get to the main bathroom (which was on the other side of the closet) One had to walk through the laundry room, the kitchen, the living room, hair-pin turn and walk down the hallway, past the bedrooms, and into the bathroom.

Well I talked him into tiling the closet and putting a urinal on the wall. His wife was furious.

Fast forward to six months later...all her friends were impressed at how well the house was maintained. Carpeting etc...

When she was showing the house to her friends she said the secret was...open the closet door...ta da! And it was her idea. (P.S. there was a slop sink in the laundry room).
Old 01-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 RAM SPORT CC
Trim Level: Sport Crew
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
xELITE is on a distinguished road

I just went through your whole thread at once - I feel like I was part of the journey! Incredible work you have done there. I can't wait to see the finished product.