DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:206
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Got my burn on
$40 wood stove kit
free barrel
1 hour time
and watching the first burn outdoors to burn the paint off...priceless!

Old 03-04-2013, 02:27 PM

sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

tore out some more wall, the barrel heated the entire house, very toasty...Figured put in the basement and let it heat everything for the time til I get a real wood furnace.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:16 PM

Got alot done , more pics soon
Old 03-10-2013, 04:29 PM

Well, my demo team didnt show for sunday to finnish the clean-up. I over slept as well since the time change apparently screwed up and deactivated my alarm on the cell phone. I was greeted by a cardinal that apparently flew into the house overnight when the wind blew a window open, Must have been a baby to let me get close and capture it, then released outside and secured the window. I am glad I am gutting this house now since this is the second wire I have found that was nailed through, a fire hazard just waiting to happen, All my wiring will be new, as well as the plumbing. , second level is pretty much gutted except the bathrooms and hallway.
I told the kids to pull the drywall off but instead they pulverized it with hammers, made a bigger mess than anything, a room would take me about 2 hours to completely clear myself, where they were there 6 hours on 2 rooms and still chunks here and there as well as all the debris and tons of nails to pull... but what can I ask for besides free laborers...lol

Old 03-10-2013, 06:13 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the all the PIX, it let me catch up & now i see the terrain & the properties in the surrounding area

I didn't realize before that the 2nd level seems to have 2 floor heights
Does it look like you have any issues with the load bearing walls coming down, or is that one of the reasons that you have stripped the dry wall, to investigate where to go from there ?

The basement sure looks different, is that extra wall still down there or is that where the photos are from ?

Keep chipping away at it, demo always takes the most time

I don't have a schedule yet for this years cross country trip, except for the 4th of August i will be in Connecticut for the annual family reunion
My traveling takes me one of 2 ways,
either the 44 up to the 70, Joplin to Dayton Ohio
or on Interstate 30 through Texarkana
it all depends on when i go to Ontario Canada, before or after the reunion & if there are any RamforumZ Meet & Greets going on

Maybe i'll stop by & see your place for myself, if i am invited
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 03-10-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Thanks for the all the PIX, it let me catch up & now i see the terrain & the properties in the surrounding area

I didn't realize before that the 2nd level seems to have 2 floor heights
Does it look like you have any issues with the load bearing walls coming down, or is that one of the reasons that you have stripped the dry wall, to investigate where to go from there ?

The basement sure looks different, is that extra wall still down there or is that where the photos are from ?

Keep chipping away at it, demo always takes the most time

I don't have a schedule yet for this years cross country trip, except for the 4th of August i will be in Connecticut for the annual family reunion
My traveling takes me one of 2 ways,
either the 44 up to the 70, Joplin to Dayton Ohio
or on Interstate 30 through Texarkana
it all depends on when i go to Ontario Canada, before or after the reunion & if there are any RamforumZ Meet & Greets going on

Maybe i'll stop by & see your place for myself, if i am invited
GT, everyone is welcome to stop by, I am usually there sat/sun working since I watch my son during the week, so the weekends are my play time.
Im at a standstill with the basement wall moneywise, but got a group who might dig it and knock the rest of the wall out, I can save money building it myself, but just dont have the back to do it. The second floor room looking down at the wood stove, the floor sags because of the basement wall, the kitchen does as well, once the basement wall is fixed, with new sill plate the kitchen floor will be level and possibly even leveling the second floor mostly, the kitchen wall where the 4x4 is that the previous owner installed is not holding the weight, you can see the bow in it, that will be removed. I plan to support the whole floor, cut that wall out, jack it to level, then install a 2x12x16 Beam ( stacked and interlocked ) so the beam will actually be 6x12x16 and supported with 6x6 posts at stragically located points to open the wall up. my kitchen sink may be in an island instead of on the wall, Im looking for different in designs.
I decided to go 100% on the gut job because I was finding a ton of shit the previous owner(s) did half ass or very unsafe. And now not only the load bearing walls werent done properly, Im finding a bunch of wires nailed through and burnt. Better safe than sorry.
The bathroom was designed into 2 closets on the second floor, I am moving it all into one. The toilet and sink are on one side of the hall and the tub/shower is on the other side of the hall. I am removing the tub and the shower stall to replace with a tub/surround unit, the toilet will sit where the tub used to be and a sink in front of it, so plenty of room.
Where the toilet was, that will turn into a closet fot the other bedroom.
Now, two bedroom on opposite sides of the house are basically connected by an "A" frame type crawl space in the roof that is insulated in the roofs pitch. I think I am going to make one room my sons bedroom with a climber to the opening and pass through with a cool slide on the other end into his play room... got alot of ideas, just needs to figure the more practical route, that can always be eliminated in the future as well 2 make an extra bedroom. The first floor will remain completely opened.

Anytime you pass through feel free to get in touch and stop by.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:11 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Stone White
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:36
ltdan is on a distinguished road

Wish I could find that for $6K
Old 03-30-2013, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdan View Post
Wish I could find that for $6K
This is where I found mine
http://www.realtytrac.com/foreclosure/index.html
Old 03-30-2013, 09:22 PM

Well, Ive been in a pissy mood since my helpers never seem to show up when they brag all week they are and have some extra helping hands. Ended up clearing out 3 rooms of crap they left on top of fixing the stand pipe I broke in the basement wall, then found out the guy who did it ( yup the idiot previous owner, so I assume none of the stand pipes are correct.... there is no P-Traps ..., hopefully I can dig and access all of them. Well here are some more before and afters, still need to get the carpet out.
Just one room left to pull nails and get the drywall remnents off...

IMG]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg270/sonocativo/cleaned008_zpsc651390c.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-08-2013, 08:40 AM

Wall repair company come to start the wall, I finally bit the bullet for $1400
also got rid of all the scrap lumber and freed up some space... and the wife is throwing me out so I guess this will be where I move to shortly.