DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram SLT
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
smoothee is on a distinguished road
Default Hate to do this, but another wheel/tire question

Hey gang,

Did some research on this, and was hoping I wouldn't run into the problem that I have.

Anyways, have an '11 Ram, with 18" aftermarket rims (0 offset) and a level (Bilsteins). Been running with 33's (12.5" wide) for the past little while, but decided those weren't cutting it anymore. Had the truck in today to get 35's, but of course they wouldn't fit. Really want the 35's with my current rims, so just wondering what my options are here?

Can/should I go with back spacing? Would a 4" suspension lift solve this problem? How about a 1.25" body lift (which I have, just not installed)?

Thanks,
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2012, 09:23 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothee View Post
Hey gang,

Did some research on this, and was hoping I wouldn't run into the problem that I have.

Anyways, have an '11 Ram, with 18" aftermarket rims (0 offset) and a level (Bilsteins). Been running with 33's (12.5" wide) for the past little while, but decided those weren't cutting it anymore. Had the truck in today to get 35's, but of course they wouldn't fit. Really want the 35's with my current rims, so just wondering what my options are here?

Can/should I go with back spacing? Would a 4" suspension lift solve this problem? How about a 1.25" body lift (which I have, just not installed)?

Thanks,
a 4" lift would defiantly do it and would look perfect 35's fill 4 inch lifts really good

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
a 4" lift would defiantly do it and would look perfect 35's fill 4 inch lifts really good
Thanks for the feedback, I agree that 35's look pretty sweet with the 4" lift on these truck. I was kind of hoping to get the same effect though with the level and minor body lift, while saving a lot of $. Am I missing something?
Old 10-27-2012, 12:09 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, I agree that 35's look pretty sweet with the 4" lift on these truck. I was kind of hoping to get the same effect though with the level and minor body lift, while saving a lot of $. Am I missing something?
bilteins set to 2.1 or 2.75 and a 3" Performance Accessories look would do the trick in that case

I can get you both these items for $648 free shipping

on another note you could also use pro-comp zx-2014 adjustable and set them to 2.75" as there is only 2 settings for these 0, and 2.75".
and i could pair these with the 3"body lift from Performance Accessories for $633 with free shipping.

you could also do a blistien-$230 or procomp adjustable shock-$215 and a 1.25" body lift

i do not offer a 1.25" body lift for your truck however RCX makes one and the are $129.95 on their website.

let me know if you have any other question as always i am more than happy to help or give advice where i can

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
July Blowout Sale! 10% over cost and free shipping on any and all in stock items!

Last edited by Bully's Performance; 10-27-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post

bilteins set to 2.1 or 2.75 and a 3" Performance Accessories look would do the trick in that case

I can get you both these items for $648 free shipping

on another note you could also use pro-comp zx-2014 adjustable and set them to 2.75" as there is only 2 settings for these 0, and 2.75".
and i could pair these with the 3"body lift from Performance Accessories for $633 with free shipping.

you could also do a blistien-$230 or procomp adjustable shock-$215 and a 1.25" body lift

i do not offer a 1.25" body lift for your truck however RCX makes one and the are $129.95 on their website.

let me know if you have any other question as always i am more than happy to help or give advice where i can
Thanks, if I didn't already have what I thought I would need I would pull the trigger from you.

But I already have the Bilsteins, set at max (2.75). And I have the body lift, just not installed yet. I wouldn't really want to go any bigger than the 1.25" on the body lift anyways. I was just hoping that 35's would've fit, as I've seen other guys doing it no problem with just a level. Is it the offset or the wheel width that's screwing me over here?

I guess my main question is would the addition of the body lift help me out? Or would I have to go a whole new route, and get a 4" suspension lift?

Thanks again,
Old 10-27-2012, 06:54 AM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Thanks, if I didn't already have what I thought I would need I would pull the trigger from you.

But I already have the Bilsteins, set at max (2.75). And I have the body lift, just not installed yet. I wouldn't really want to go any bigger than the 1.25" on the body lift anyways. I was just hoping that 35's would've fit, as I've seen other guys doing it no problem with just a level. Is it the offset or the wheel width that's screwing me over here?

I guess my main question is would the addition of the body lift help me out? Or would I have to go a whole new route, and get a 4" suspension lift?

Thanks again,
I have never seen a truck with just a 1.25" body lift run 35's not to say it cant be done but i am not 100% positive. The recommended lift for 35's is a 4" lift so i am going to suggest you go that route if you add the bilsteins set them to max and then add the body lift you will be right at 4" assuming you max the bilsteins, this is the route i would go and recommend. Installation of the bilsteins should take the do it your selfer roughly 4 hours or so (this is the average) and then the 1.25" body lift should take around the same amount of time, if you have never installed adjustable shocks, or a body lift before i would add a little more time to that average, but whatever you do as always take your time and make sure it is done correctly the first time . and then of course i am going to assume you already have the billsteins on your truck as you said i have them set to 2.75" so in this case i would get that 1.25" body lift on there that would give you 4" of lift and you should clear just fine, as many many members run a 4" lift on 35's and have 0 issues

another thing to consider is that the billsteins will sometimes settle up to .5" so you would have a 3.5" lift but even still i think you should be ok. Let us know how you come out, i think i have given all the information i have on this particular question. If you think of anymore feel free to ask though

I cant wait to see how your truck looks with those new 35's once you get everything done post some pics its always cool to see other members trucks

Last edited by Bully's Performance; 10-27-2012 at 06:57 AM.