DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Recon Xtreme light bar install is finally complete! I did not remove my driver's side tail light to wire up the reverse lights function of the bar. I looked into the trailer connector from the rear in the back bumper (facing the truck) and using a jumper wire, connected the battery feed (located at the one o'clock position and always hot) to the center pin and the backup lights on the truck illuminated. So, working from the rear of the connector (up under the bumper to keep everything hidden) I tapped into the center pin and now my light bar mod is complete without having to remove a tail light.

Trailer connector in the RV wiring standard is not defined by function. Most cars use the center pin for backup lights, but not all. Some vehicles use that center pin for a switched power feed to charge the battery in a trailer for electric brakes or other services only when the tow vehicle is running so you don't drain the battery in the tow vehicle without unplugging.

Either way, I enjoyed not having to wrestle with the retention clips on my tail light. I know that they will give eventually. But with it being so bloody cold outside and the fact that it probably hasn't been removed ever since it was installed at the factory.. I wasn't willing to be the first person to hear the inevitable pop/crack sound that is usually associated with such a first time part removal.

Sponsored links
Old 03-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

You know seeing your truck makes me think I should have added a touch of chrome and leave the rest alone... oh wait I did! Lol

Looks like the mods are coming along very nice! I didn't think to wire into the bundle for the reverse but then again I was just aiming for the known location.

I see the battle for the DRL is still going on! I figured your dealer was...strange... as was anyone's dealer who said it couldn't be done. I hope you get an answer before I make my way to the dodge dealer here and get a video done.

Keep up the great work I am enjoying watching this build take shape. Who know's maybe you would like the rumble of an exhaust sometime??

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Thanks Arth! Yeah.. I have a new found appreciation for my dealer in Utah now that I have dealt with another dealer. Mine seems to mean well, they just are not kept up to speed on everything. I know I am not the first Ram owner in the US to inquire about DRLs on our trucks.. but I would not be surprised to hear I am the first one to ask my dealer about it.

What video are you planning on having done at your dealer? Something about the DRL topic?

I am not so sure about the exhaust idea.. my truck has a perfectly working exhaust system already. Do I really need to mess with what works? Like my grand pappy used to say, "Don't fix what ain't broke."
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 PM
Ram Ham

While installing the high beam/fog light harness yesterday, I noticed that my headlights are clear. The turn signal area of the outer housing is clear too. Only the turn signal bulb is yellow. There is also a small section of reflective yellow directly above the parking light/turn signal. Does this mean I could replace that yellow bulb with one of those switchback bulbs (not sure what they are called exactly) that are white when on and only illuminate yellow when flashing for a turn?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
Now, if ever I decide to install a CAI or change my factory exhaust.. that'll be the day!
This will be a GREAT day

LOL
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
This will be a GREAT day

LOL
Doo ittt....

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Ram Ham

I added a few extra bolts to my mud flaps today. There are now a total of 14 bolts holding all four flaps.

The front flaps have three bolts each, rear flaps have four bolts each.. two are my fender flare bolts pulling double duty and one (front) or two (rear) added more midline.

These really help keep my heavy duty flaps from 'flapping' too much and they also corrected the inner (toward midline) lean they seemed to have before. Please pardon my severely dirty truck! I am away from my favorite car wash!

Last edited by KA1OTE; 03-05-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Ram Ham

My AVS replacement visors arrived and were installed last weekend.. I must have not done it right the first time as they are working just perfectly now. No catching on the front windows! Yay! Wonderful customer service on Lund Intl's part. I will buy anything from them again should the need arise.

Also.. don't you just hate it when this happens? I cleaned and polished up the truck earlier this week only to have a blizzard hitting the Cheyenne area (and almost every town between here and home) tonight and tomorrow. And I have to drive home on Sunday. Ah well. I really do like cleaning and buffing my truck.. just wishing for winter to end soon...
Old 03-09-2013, 01:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 RCSB 4X4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:173
Unfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura aboutUnfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
Also.. don't you just hate it when this happens? I cleaned and polished up the truck earlier this week only to have a blizzard hitting the Cheyenne area (and almost every town between here and home) tonight and tomorrow. And I have to drive home on Sunday. Ah well. I really do like cleaning and buffing my truck.. just wishing for winter to end soon...
Yes I do! Fortunately for me, it usually is too cold for salt and sand. But today we got our first above 32 day for about 6 months so now my truck is starting to get dirty.
MODS- QTP Exhaust Cutout, ARH Long-tube Headers, HornBlasters Train Horn, HemiFever Tuned, Linex bedliner, Painted mirrors and door handles, 14" magnaflow muffler, Cabin air filter, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Black 17" Sport Edition TK5 Wheels, K&N CAI, BT Catch can, 85mm Throttle body, Upper glovebox Mod, Recon Black Projector headlights, Retroshops- Tinted LED Tails including 3rd brake.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:23 AM
Ram Ham

After putting a total of 1457 miles on my truck this last ten days, I am finally home! Home is certainly where the heart is (and your own bed!)! LOL Anyhoo... I took my boxer with me to visit family and he decided to help himself to the front seats AGAIN. The supple exterior top of my center console is now riddled here and there with marks from his nails from him walking/landing on it. Any suggestions on how to fix/mask/hide these? My Meguire's leather interior wipes polish it up for awhile, but the marks 'come back' after a few hours. These marks are nothing too hideous.. I am just wanting to try to remove them as the console's top is no longer uniform in its appearance due to the sporadic spacing of said marks/scuffs. I will try to get pics tomorrow.. but I need to clean my interior before hand.. (no one wants to see my rig post-vacation drive).