DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 05-20-2013, 01:14 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1463
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Okay! More Recon lights for me! Just placed my order (directly with Recon this time) for my Big Rig Ice light bar kit... oh the anticipation! Hope they ship it fast! Just can't wait! Now to order my bull bar tomorrow! Woot! Oh happy day... err... night!
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2013, 08:56 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:184
bstc00 has a spectacular aura aboutbstc00 has a spectacular aura about

I have'n look at your thread in a long time. Wow!!!! Your truck looks sweet!
Old 05-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Update: So my Big Rigs are currently somewhere between Utah and Florida Have an estimated delivery of this Saturday.. can't wait!

Before I purchase my bull bar, I decided to contact the seller/company again to verify again that this bar will mount in a way allowing my tow hooks to remain. They replied with "Use of the tow hooks will not be available since the bull bar will be mounted where the hooks are held."

Okiedoke.. So I sent a PM to the user whose picture I've been drooling over and using for inspiration for my front end look and luckily he replied (has not been active since last November).. said his hooks are still there.. simply put, his tow hook nuts and bolts are pulling double duty now as they're being used to hold the bar in place on the frame as well. Only change he had to make to his truck itself was cutting a bit of the lower air dam. No biggie. So I am going to buy the bar and fiddle around with it until I get it the way I want it.. but isn't that how most 'mods' go anyhow? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstc00 View Post
I have'n look at your thread in a long time. Wow!!!! Your truck looks sweet!
Thanks much! I have come leaps and bounds since last November, that's for sure.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:2006
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

I could have told you that! The bull bar I had(still have) is the same way. The tow hook bolts double as the bull bar holder as well.

I don't really see myself putting the bull bar back on however due to the look so this one may be scrap because it is a hair damaged.

Granted my bull bar was an ebay one:

See my old Mod thread and it's Journey here

Current Mod thread here
Old 05-22-2013, 03:48 PM
Ram Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
I could have told you that!
What was I thinking!? Sorry Arth.. next time, I shall first come to he who knows.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:2006
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
What was I thinking!? Sorry Arth.. next time, I shall first come to he who knows.
I just offer my experience to inform others if they so desire it

See my old Mod thread and it's Journey here

Current Mod thread here
Old 05-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Ram Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
I just offer my experience to inform others if they so desire it
And it is most appreciated and does not go unnoticed, I assure you.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Ram Ham

What is the code for my truck's color? I copied this from an email I received from Chrysler shortly after buying:

PDM Mineral Gray Met. Clear Coat
QDMS Mineral Gray Met. Clear Coat

So which one is it? lol
Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 PM
Ram Ham

Bull bar ordered! Big Rigs in the mail! Now waiting for a call back on a current price quote for having my visors paint matched. It's been a great day so far!

Many thanks to Arth for his patience and assistance.. Here's hoping it all works out over here!
Old 05-23-2013, 05:18 PM
Ram Ham

Okiedokie!

Visors are at my local ma & pa body shop for their paint job. I decided to stop by since I was in town today and let them see exactly what I was asking them to paint.. their paint expert, Lance, looked my truck over and said.. "Yep, I can paint those". Inside, the receptionist asked me when I'd like to come by and drop them off.. I went outside and took them off and handed them to her.. she looked at me and said.. "I'll take that as no appointment is needed then?" LOL They will paint them either Friday or Tuesday, and I'll have them back next Wednesday at the latest. Oh yes, and this is all for $100 out the door and Lance said he will be painting both sides in order to make it as smooth looking as possible (he said there's a possibility of the job not being smooth if he only painted one side.. okiedoke).

I stopped by the service dept at my dealer too. Back beginning of April I had my truck in for the warping front seats. A tech took pictures, sent them to Chrysler and I was informed a few days later that replacements had been approved but there was no known ETA.. I would get a call when they were in. I haven't heard anything since. Turns out the tech who was handling my case no longer works there and my case kind of fell through the cracks. I spoke with the service dept manager, Lance (not the same as above lol), and he updated me. Says he is now personally handling my case for the seats and that they have received one side but the other side is not expected to ship until sometime in June now. Doh. But Lance called a few contacts trying to expedite this along and he will personally call me in a few days to give me a new status.

I also brought up the DRL topic again. I just can't let it go. If Canadian 1500s have the ability, mine should too. I told them my story of how Cowboy Dodge in Cheyenne, WY said they could turn my DRL option on with a flash but wanted to charge me $150 (since in the US, this is considered a customer preference).. Lance said he will contact them and find out how they would've done it and will then do it for me, no charge.

And finally, my USB ports. I still cannot get either port, in the radio face or the glove box one, to recognize an inserted thumb drive. Very frustrating.

I have an appointment tomorrow at 1pm to have the DRL and USB issues troubleshot and see what they can do about getting those two problems fixed. Lance assured me that "One way or another, Kai, we'll get your rig right for ya".

I LOVE my dealership! I believe a batch of homemade cookies or brownies or something is in order here. Will be flipping through my recipes later this evening to see what sweets I can whip up for these sweethearts! I have read others' accounts about their dealerships and how if you create a good relationship how they will bend over backwards to help you out. I believe I am there now. And it is most awesome!