DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-10-2013, 06:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie
Rep:10
Brewcraft is on a distinguished road

What model bed lights are those?
Sponsored links
Old 07-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcraft View Post
What model bed lights are those?
I purchased my kit from an eBay seller. Here is his current listing for the exact same kit.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn Quad Cab
Color: Sagebrush Pearl
Rep:10
Nauvoo is on a distinguished road

Where'd you find your bull bar? I like that style better than the skid plate styles . Good lookin truck by tha way.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:31 PM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Thanks! It is a Hunter bull bar.. I will post more info for ya when I get home
Old 07-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Ram Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauvoo View Post
Where'd you find your bull bar? I like that style better than the skid plate styles . Good lookin truck by tha way.
My bull bar is a Hunter brand, stainless steel bar
Item #WD-509
I purchased off eBay - here is the current listing.
Depending on your preference, they also offer this style in a black powder coat (item #WD-809) - listing here.
Their auction descriptions are incorrect (they told me they would correct this issue) when it comes to describing the years of Rams this bar fits. It DOES fit up to the 2012 models.

I did a write up on how this bar installed onto my 2012 Laramie.. feel free to thumb through that here.

This is a very well made bar and, considering the price ($144 shipped in the USA), it is an extremely good deal! I recommend this bar to anyone who is looking for one.

Last edited by KA1OTE; 07-16-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Ram Ham

So... I have had the rippling, wavy problem with my two front seats. I brought this issue to the attention of my dealership at the beginning of the year and they actually photographed the seats and finally submitted a warranty claim to Chrysler in April. The claim was approved and the drivers side replacement was received by my dealership, however they said their supplier/distribution center would not be able to send the passenger side for another month. After this back and forth game over the last three months(!), they now have both seat covers and are ready to make the switch. I am currently waiting for the call that they are done with the job (and sending the comp car to come pick me up). I requested an oil change and tire rotation while they have her in the shop. I also brought up the roof rattle (again!) and they mentioned they could take her for a test drive once done with the seats. *sigh* We shall see. At least I'll have fresh oil, rotated tires and (hopefully) properly set seats when I get her back. I still have no idea where we stand on the USB ports issue and hope to identify the roof rattle here soon as it's becoming more and more irritating.

/rant
Old 08-06-2013, 08:42 PM
RAM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Rep:309
Rich859 is a jewel in the roughRich859 is a jewel in the roughRich859 is a jewel in the roughRich859 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
So... I have had the rippling, wavy problem with my two front seats. I brought this issue to the attention of my dealership at the beginning of the year and they actually photographed the seats and finally submitted a warranty claim to Chrysler in April. The claim was approved and the drivers side replacement was received by my dealership, however they said their supplier/distribution center would not be able to send the passenger side for another month. After this back and forth game over the last three months(!), they now have both seat covers and are ready to make the switch. I am currently waiting for the call that they are done with the job (and sending the comp car to come pick me up). I requested an oil change and tire rotation while they have her in the shop. I also brought up the roof rattle (again!) and they mentioned they could take her for a test drive once done with the seats. *sigh* We shall see. At least I'll have fresh oil, rotated tires and (hopefully) properly set seats when I get her back. I still have no idea where we stand on the USB ports issue and hope to identify the roof rattle here soon as it's becoming more and more irritating.

/rant
Hope you get everything taken care of! Doesn't sound like the dealership is trying to provide timely service and just procrastinates!

Too many mods to list. Full list can be found on my profile.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Ram Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich859 View Post
Hope you get everything taken care of! Doesn't sound like the dealership is trying to provide timely service and just procrastinates!
It certainly does feel like I am being "swept under the rug" on occasion.. but when I am there in person, eye to eye, I can tell that the Svc Dept head is sincere.

I got my Ram back this afternoon and the seat bottoms were replaced (I had been led to believe the whole seat would receive new covers - but that, I suppose, is my bad for not asking for clarification). The bottom is still lumpy - to both the eye and a drawn hand - I will give it a few weeks to see if the lumps even out after a little use. They did inform me that where I am feeling and seeing these peaks that is where the lines/coils come in under the seat bottom for the heated/cooled features. Since I have no idea how these are laid out or what they look like under the covers and padding, I kind of have to take their word for it. Time will tell if the lumpy-ness wears off and flattens out.

My oil change cost me $42 and change and they even submitted a rebate form for me. Apparently, there is a current offer (expires end of August) for a $10 rebate when you purchase "The Works" service. Just FYI for anyone who is coming up on needing an oil change and who doesn't do their own at home.

I inquired about the USB ports issue. They have submitted an email to Chrysler to see what approach HQ wants to take. Hopefully, a response on that won't have me waiting for the next four months.

I also took a mechanic for a ride to try (in desperation) to let him hear the roof rattle I have been complaining about. (Let's be honest here.. it isn't something to happens to just women.. or is it? I always feel the fool when I try to explain a sound a vehicle makes or an action the vehicle takes in a given situation. And here I was again today, trying to do this with a brand new - well, 8k miles new - truck.. this shouldn't be happening.) Miraculously, he actually heard it and I have an appointment this Friday to have them drop the headliner and try to find this elusive metal on metal clinking/tapping sound. Here's hoping I have something to report on this widely popular issue.

Despite ALL of this... I still admire and adore my Ram. I wouldn't trade it off for anything. Funny thing happened on the drive home today.. Big & Rich's tune 'Save a Horse' came on Sirius. I couldn't help but quasi serenade my Ram while singing along.. "And I wouldn't trade ol ' Leroy for your Chevrolet or your Escalade!"

Forever Ram.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:37 PM
Ram Ham

On a side note, I poked my head into the Parts Dept to ask about a front license plate bracket. My window sticker claims that a bracket was included on my rig as Utah is a state which requires a front plate be displayed. What they called a 'bracket' consists of two screws. Sad. The plate has begun rubbing the chrome off of my bumper (so far, it isn't even noticeable - unless you're me). I noticed that the 2013's have a black bracket. Interesting. My Parts Dept said the 2013 bracket, as described in their Mopar software, is described as only fitting the 2013 and 2014 model Ram 1500s. Doh.

My parts guy threw his arms up at his software program and said let's go just pull one off a '13 and see if it will fit on your '12. Worked for me.. finally get a hands on, in-person definitive answer on this fitment. On our way out, a Utah Highway Patrolman just happens to be in the Service waiting area. My guy starts asking him about this topic and here's the bottom line of the discussion.

HP says that vehicles that do not come from the factory with a front license plate bracket, do NOT have to display a front plate.

I have the holes drilled in my bumper and the screws for the top of the plate, but HP said that does not constitute a 'bracket' and I can run without my front plate. He suggested that if I am serious about wanting to remove the plate due to the chrome being scratched (which he said he would do as well if in my shoes), then remove the plate and screws and simply get chrome capped screws to fill the holes and done.

I brought up the few vehicles I've noticed in town with front brackets and running novelty plates (mainly a bright neon Hummer with a Hawaiian 'Maui Wowie' novelty plate on the front) - he knew the vehicle I was referring to and said that there are quite a few running with Utah Jazz, U of U and other novelty plates in place of their actual license plates, even though they have factory brackets. He said that this law is nowhere near as strict as any state website makes it out to be.

So, I don't need to continue my search for a bracket or waste money to modify one made for a different vehicle. Perfect! This was the best news I'd heard all day!

And while I had his attention, I asked him about the tint laws. Basically, I learned there is a 5% leeway. Utah law is 43%.. but if you get pulled over and they measure it at 38% - you're still okay. With this knowledge, I am thinking if I have my local shop do my fronts at 35% I should be good. I mean, what officer will notice that slight of a difference? Could I get away with 35%? What do you guys think?

I also asked about the eyebrow AS-1 line. He said any darkness is OK above the AS-1 line and he wasn't sure about the bowed brow (where the outer edges of the brow bow slightly lower than the AS-1 line, but is even with it once within the driver's field of vision. His suggestion was to go to my local safety inspection shop and ask them how stringent they are when rating. I am extremely close with my non-dealer shop in town and am looking forward to speaking with them on this later this week.

Talk about having a cop around at the exact right time! That hardly ever happens for me.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Okay here I go again flashing pictures of my other truck but this should give you an idea.

I was trying to stay legal and I had 35% tint put on the front of my other truck. Depending on how you look at it.. and to the eye the tint almost looked non-existent during the day..to me! Depends on the angle too.

Now here is a shot of my current truck with 18% tint.

To answer your question I don't think they will notice 35% tint. I don't think you will notice much that but again... that is just what I think.

Chrome... in moderation.