DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparini View Post
they should be able to custom cut it to cover the entire center piece where the ram is.... if its there from factory what does it matter if is blacked out? ( tint covering it )
If I understand what you are saying... I would have a tint strip identical to what I have now (in the most recent pictures I posted) but with a dip in the center to cover the Ram logo in its entirety? Basically, the bottom of the strip would be straight from driver to passenger side but with a bulge or dip in the center?
Sponsored links
Old 10-16-2013, 10:35 PM
Ram Ham

KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

This is what you get when you stick to your guns!
My eyebrow is fixed and just the way I wanted it to begin with.

The shop manager told me his guys would be at the shop ready for me at 6pm. I get there and the place is locked up, no one around. I call the manager but get voice mail. About 20 minutes later, one of the techs I met last Friday pulls up. He and I chat while we wait for someone to come and let us in.

The tech, Robert, tells me that Michael (the owner/manager) does this to him all the time.. tells Robert to do a job legal, even though Michael knows it is not what the customer requested. So, Robert and I go over my Ram and discuss exactly what I originally told Michael that I wanted. (Why Michael would tell his techs to install the eyebrow legally after they had just installed illegal tint on the front windows is beyond me LOL!) Robert does say it looked odd to him when he was installing it last Friday (where it cut through the logo) but did it that way because he was told to. He said he was glad to see me come in and have it fixed.

Apparently, Robert works at one of the dealerships in town installing tint and does work at this shop on the side. Let me say he is very knowledgeable and got right to it. He spent a little over an hour applying the new eyebrow.. measuring more than most others probably would. The result? Pure awesomeness!

These pics suck as the shop has horrible lighting for taking pictures. I know how much we all like pics though, so I did my best. I snapped the last picture at the gas station.. somewhat better lighting. I'm driving to Cheyenne tomorrow so it may be a day or two before I get better day shots up but these should give an idea of how it looks now.

Last edited by KA1OTE; 10-16-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:18 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome, Kai! Glad you got it fixed the right way.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 crew cab 2wd
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Flame Red
Rep:119
Mopar Big Horn will become famous soon enoughMopar Big Horn will become famous soon enough

Looks good! Judging by the pics it looks the same as what i had. Does it go below the line on the right side of the windshield?
Old 10-17-2013, 12:21 AM
Ram Ham

Thanks, Roger! I do not think I could be any happier!

Kmark - The outside edges of the strip do extend 1.5" below the AS-1 line, yes.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 QC 4x4
Trim Level: TANK
Color: Gloss Black Bedliner
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:159
aparini has a spectacular aura aboutaparini has a spectacular aura about

there you go! looks great!

Old 10-17-2013, 07:52 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 crew cab 2wd
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Flame Red
Rep:119
Mopar Big Horn will become famous soon enoughMopar Big Horn will become famous soon enough

That's exactly how mine was when I was told it was low.
Old 10-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Ram Ham

Yes, and I requested this knowing it would be low.. perhaps low enough to not pass inspection when the time comes. But like many others with illegal tint, it's a risk I'm willing to take.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Z funambulist

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Rep:3227
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you, Kai. I thought it was strange also that they installed "illegal" tint on the fronts, then pulled this crap with the eyebrow. ??? Glad it is to your liking now.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Ram Ham

Just when I thought my truck was done going to the dealer....

I noticed my fender flares are beginning to separate from the body.. all four are separating at varying degrees from barely noticeable to what the heck. Dealership said they needed to take pics so I took her in yesterday for a photo shoot. I am supposed to get a call next week with what they hear from Chrysler. The service department isn't sure if the flares are covered by my 36mo/36K mile bumper to bumper warranty. I was firm on the fact that these should be covered as they were installed at the factory and are OEM. They came on the truck and were not installed by the dealer and are not aftermarket parts.

So, the waiting game begins yet again.. here's hoping they realize that they are covered and pull them and either fix or replace them. I am not sure how they are attached, but they need to be the way they were, that's for sure!