DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black-PX8
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
molina425 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHornGreg View Post
Thanks molina, I feel pretty stupid now. I didn't even think of looking.
hahah its alright tell you the truth i probly wouldnt have ever thought of checking either if i didnt already have them in my door panel.lol.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Hemi View Post
Ive heard of lots of guys liking the VP and the s&b intake actually so id have to say good choice lol ive never used them though. i have a Bakflip HD and i love it.

for the levelling kit, it depends on how much you want to spend, I put in a 2.5inch hellbent steel levelling kit, it was only $80 and works great, and you can easily do it yourself, and once you get it on just get an alignment.

Or if you want to spend a few more bucks you could get bilstein height adjustable shocks, they will run you a couple hundred (if you can find em in stock) and then you can either do em yourself by buying/renting/borrowing a shock compressor or have a shop do it.

Ive heard that you can just take out your strut into like canadian tire and they have a shock compressor and for $80 or something they have put the new shock into the strut, and give it back to you, but that im not to sure of,
well my problem is i only have a 2wd and most everything i find to lift or level the truck is for 4x4 models only.i have found some on ebay for like 50-80 bucks for a 2wd but not sure on quality.i still want it to ride smoothly.yea im thinking of saving up for the rims and tires and getting those and then the CAI and cover. so assuming all goes well i should have it all by januaryish.lol. the wheels are gna be my christmas present.another problem is i know exactgly wich rims and tires im getting but not sure on offset or any of that other info.im assuming itl all fit since the measurements i do know are the same as the other member on here that already did it.rims just say low offset nothing specific thou.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Rep:172
4x4Hemi has a spectacular aura about4x4Hemi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by molina425 View Post
well my problem is i only have a 2wd and most everything i find to lift or level the truck is for 4x4 models only.i have found some on ebay for like 50-80 bucks for a 2wd but not sure on quality.i still want it to ride smoothly.yea im thinking of saving up for the rims and tires and getting those and then the CAI and cover. so assuming all goes well i should have it all by januaryish.lol. the wheels are gna be my christmas present.another problem is i know exactgly wich rims and tires im getting but not sure on offset or any of that other info.im assuming itl all fit since the measurements i do know are the same as the other member on here that already did it.rims just say low offset nothing specific thou.
Ahh yeah your right i forgot you were 2 wheel drive. i dont know if id trust ebay, but it might be okay. because honestly all it is is just a slab of metal with some nuts and bolts haha its nothing mechanical or anything. so i dont see how much of a difference it would make.

haha thats going to be an expensive gift man! 26s probably cost a ridiculous amount for the tires and wheels eh??? if their close to 35x12.5 (I dont know the exact measurements) but then you should be okay with around a 0 offset, or slightly negative, like -10, but i wouldnt go any more then that or else you will rubb on the fender
Old 10-30-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Hemi View Post
Ahh yeah your right i forgot you were 2 wheel drive. i dont know if id trust ebay, but it might be okay. because honestly all it is is just a slab of metal with some nuts and bolts haha its nothing mechanical or anything. so i dont see how much of a difference it would make.

haha thats going to be an expensive gift man! 26s probably cost a ridiculous amount for the tires and wheels eh??? if their close to 35x12.5 (I dont know the exact measurements) but then you should be okay with around a 0 offset, or slightly negative, like -10, but i wouldnt go any more then that or else you will rubb on the fender
well the rims are Strada Wheels Spago 26x10 Black Low Offset.(thats all the info there is on them)

tires are Fullway Tires 315/40VR26 HS288 120V XL

and i plan on buying 5 rims and 5 tires to have a spare one.totals out to 2400.not bad at all.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Black
Rep:172
4x4Hemi has a spectacular aura about4x4Hemi has a spectacular aura about

Thats not bad at all, i thought theyd be alot more then that