DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-31-2015, 08:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:99
lbram81 will become famous soon enough
Default Got to ask: how many "tough guys" out there?

To be honest, I can't stand this:

So cruising along in my truck today with the family and a Ram Express is in my rear view mirror. Stop and go traffic, red light green light, routine Saturday traffic. He gets along side me and with just an inch of clearance decides to cut me off. Because this happens to me so often, I already had my foot on the brake when I seen him next to me.

Why, why do fellow truck owners have to make it a point to do stupid s*** like this. It's not just Rams, it's Ford, it's Chevy, all of them. I'm not saying every truck I see does this, don't get me wrong. Point is there is no need. I don't care what you drive.

If you by any chance caught yourself doing this or ever may have been tempted, stop. Someone will get hurt.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 01-31-2015, 08:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: Ram SLT 2002 Dodge
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Almond
Engine: 2002-2003 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp 335lb/ft
Rep:15
Dogden is on a distinguished road

Happens to all of us and usually when you least expect it. Just be careful and try not to engage in the rage. I hate it when it happens to me in my lil HHR..almost feel helpless!
Old 01-31-2015, 09:03 PM

Vehicle: 1992 Dodge Ramcharger
Trim Level: LE 150
Color: Black & Grey
Engine: 1992-1993 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 230 hp 280lb/ft
Rep:31
The War Wagon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to The War Wagon
Red face

JK owner gave me the thumbs up in my Ramcharger last week! I get a lot of approving nods from even Fudd & Chebby owners when I'm in it, but the only idiots to drift into my lane SO far, are oblivious mall foreignmobile drivers.

They apparently have no CONCEPT what a 5,000lb behemoth with a box steel bumper can do to their shiitebox.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:41 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram
Color: Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:194
Lazarus Truck has a spectacular aura aboutLazarus Truck has a spectacular aura about

You think you got problems? Try riding a Harley in rush-hour traffic. People think just because you have a bike, you don't need the whole lane. Ride one for a few months and you will develop a combination of "*******-Radar", and "Sixth-Sense" of being able to predict the future. You are scanning all your surroundings, imagine what is the STUPIDEST thing the drivers around you can do, and try to put yourself in a position where you have an "out" WHEN, not if, they actually do it.
There are some days I wished I'd shoved a lump of coal up my ass before my commute. I'd have diamonds by time I got to work.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:46 PM
The Sound of Eight Hooves

Vehicle: 2013 Ram1500 4x4 8HP70 3.21LSD
Trim Level: Lone Star Quad Cab
Color: Bright White
Rep:545
Thunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of lightThunderhorse is a glorious beacon of light

Pickup trucks tend to attract a lot of idiots, which is one reason I wouldn't buy one used unless the previous owner kept detailed maintenance records and/or I knew them to be someone who took good care of it. Tundra drivers seem to be the worst, form my experience there are more of them that drive like tools than don't. The guys rollin' around in pavement princess PSDs with way more lift than they need for the tires they have are pretty bad too.

Honestly, most of the cars that dart in and out from in front of me have been foreign compacts. I don't think they realize how long it takes a 5300lb truck to stop at highway speeds. The worst though were the Prius taxi drivers in Washington D.C. who would shoot the gap in front of you at stop lights. I honestly don't know how they were able to come as close to me as they did without hitting me-it must have been centimeters.

Quite a few guys on ninja bikes do it to, and they're harder to see. Makes all bikers look bad which is unfortunate, because most of them genuinely are good riders and end up in bad situations due to no fault of their own.

I usually just sit back and don't let it bother me. If you get wrapped around the axle every time you see someone doing something stupid you will go insane in short order.

Thunderhorse-Built: 25 Feb 2013 Warren, Michigan; Bought: 28 May 2013
Huskyliner Weatherbeaters, door edge guards, Line-X bedliner, Kryptek Typhon Cordura seat covers w/ MOLLE panels (review), Console Vault (install/review), Bilstein 4600s (thread), BFG T/A KO2 LT275/60/20s (thread), Borla XR-1 (thread), Matte black Plasti-dipped center console bezel, BT catch can.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:50 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 1500 4x4 quad cab
Trim Level: Express
Color: Granite Crystal Metallic
Rep:10
JumpSteady is on a distinguished road

What gets me is when someone almost kills themselves to get in front of me then slows down. Why do people want to get in front of me so badly only to drive slower than what I was already doing?
Old 01-31-2015, 11:50 PM

Lazarus Truck has a spectacular aura aboutLazarus Truck has a spectacular aura about

The biggest A-holes I have found are the Subaru WRX drivers (note: The most ticketed car by insurance surveys) and BMW's.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:08 AM

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: White
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:14
cc rider is on a distinguished road

Put one of these on and floor it!
http://www.autoanything.com/grille-g...x-grille-guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbram81 View Post
To be honest, I can't stand this:

So cruising along in my truck today with the family and a Ram Express is in my rear view mirror. Stop and go traffic, red light green light, routine Saturday traffic. He gets along side me and with just an inch of clearance decides to cut me off. Because this happens to me so often, I already had my foot on the brake when I seen him next to me.

Why, why do fellow truck owners have to make it a point to do stupid s*** like this. It's not just Rams, it's Ford, it's Chevy, all of them. I'm not saying every truck I see does this, don't get me wrong. Point is there is no need. I don't care what you drive.

If you by any chance caught yourself doing this or ever may have been tempted, stop. Someone will get hurt.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:25 AM

Often wondered if I put on a full-faced helmet while driving the truck, if it would make folks think twice. I also need a bumper sticker that says "Wanna mess with me? I'm married with teen-age step-kids. I have NOTHING to lose!"

Last edited by Lazarus Truck; 02-01-2015 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:05 AM
Yup! It's Got A HEMI.....

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximium Steel
Rep:46
Cheyenne71 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus Truck View Post
You think you got problems? Try riding a Harley in rush-hour traffic. People think just because you have a bike, you don't need the whole lane. Ride one for a few months and you will develop a combination of "*******-Radar", and "Sixth-Sense" of being able to predict the future. You are scanning all your surroundings, imagine what is the STUPIDEST thing the drivers around you can do, and try to put yourself in a position where you have an "out" WHEN, not if, they actually do it.
There are some days I wished I'd shoved a lump of coal up my ass before my commute. I'd have diamonds by time I got to work.
VERY true! Been there many times and you def get a better sense for what's going to happen after riding a motorcycle. The awareness goes up 100%
De-Badged, Replaced Front/Rear Emblems w/AMI Billet, SS Door Sills, Diablo Trinity T-1000, Retro Shop Headlight/Fog HID's, PIAA Extreme White Highs, BedRug Liner, ReTrax Pro Tonneau, 20% Wondow Tint w/10" Eyebrow Done, Zone 4" lift w/3" coils and Bilstein 5100's set at .7, Fuel PVD Chrome Hostage 20X10 w/-12 Offset, Cooper ST Maxx 35X12.50R20 Tires, Maggie 18" w/ Magnaflow 5" Double Walled Tips.