DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > HI-TECH Discussion

Notices

HI-TECH Discussion Web, computers, software, GPS, satellite TV, home stereos and other non-vehicle hi tech electronics.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Granite
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:25
RedDodge is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone using the new I-Phone?

I'm thinking about upgrading my phone from the 4 to the 5 and was wondering if anyone else has done so already and if there was any issues linking it to the truck?

Thanks

Mods: Tinted front windows, UnderCover tonneau bed cover, step rails, bed mat, cabin air filter, 4 corner mud flaps, slush mats, drop in K&N filter.
Sponsored links
Old 10-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

The last that i read,
The new Iphone 5 software was not written with Uconnect in mind & that for now they are not compatible

But, you can see for yourself, what people are saying & doing

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=...w=1280&bih=687
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I found this on an Apple Support site

Apple would "not" replace my Iphone 5 till went to dealer and had my bluetooth on u connect system updated. Advisor acted like I just come from the planet Mars when I told him what I needed. So a tech advisor went with to my vehicle and connect his 4S then went and about a minute flat "paired" my iphone 5! I seen him go through a step that even the manufacter's manual did not even mention to "pair" an iphone using bluetooth! I then asked what he had done and so he showed me to successfully start the "pairing" process the four digit code he used for the u connect and on the iphone screen came up displaying u connect and just to the right it says "not" paired. I had been there around twenty times myself! He then pressed the "not paired" display and when he did the keypad popped up and the advisor put in the "same" four didgit code that he originally had used to start the pairing in uconnect and then press the "complete or done" button on the iphone keypad after doing this the u connect displays "pairing process has begun" and less than a minute it did! All the phones including my 4GS I "never" had to do that and I had "never" had a pairing problem before so to me it must the new IOS 6 system!

Good Luck
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-09-2012, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the help!!!

Mods: Tinted front windows, UnderCover tonneau bed cover, step rails, bed mat, cabin air filter, 4 corner mud flaps, slush mats, drop in K&N filter.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 RAM 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: laramie
Color: black
Rep:10
hemi4life is on a distinguished road

Bought 5 day it came out synced no problem to my truck. Only thing I've found so far is sometimes its doesn't pair properly when I start my truck its happened like once....But other than that its worked good even says u-connected on the iPhone when I'm using it in truck. All I can say is way better than Android POS!

Last edited by hemi4life; 10-09-2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Spell check
Old 10-10-2012, 10:37 AM

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

I had the Iphone 5 for a couple weeks before I shipped it to a friend in Germany. I tested it with no issues with the calling features. It was a straight up pairing just like any other phone. I don't know what the radio was that the person in the Apple forum had but my RHB was a normal pairing and bonding session. The only issue that I did see was in sending an SMS thru Uconnect. The phone didn't send the message and UC replied "sending of text message failed". This has been reported to Apple and they are looking into it.
Also on a side note, SIRI, visual voice mail and voice memo are not supported by Uconnect. This due to an issue when using these features and you have an incoming call.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:07 AM

Thanks again....my messaging never worked with the 4 so I won't miss it....lol

Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 AM

The reason it didn't work on the 4 was because until the new iOS6 SW version, Apple did not support the needed profile for texting thru BT. This profile is "MAP" (Message Access Profile). The iOS6 suppoorts it but only for incoming messages and not for outgoing messages. Their reasoning for this is because they (Apple) want customers to be able to use SIRI to reply to text messages instead of having to pick one of the ppredetermined 20 messages stoored in Uconnect.
However there is currently an issue with the iOS6 where it's not sending Uconnect the message of an incoming text message and the body of the message. So, it's not working correctly @ this moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDodge View Post
Thanks again....my messaging never worked with the 4 so I won't miss it....lol
Old 10-11-2012, 09:01 AM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

I have a Galaxy S3 and EVERY feature works like a charm in my truck.

Wife picked up an iPhone 5 just last week and, because we mix-n-match vehicles often, I attempted to sync it into my truck for her. Cannot get it to read ANYTHING in my truck.

Apple POS!

Grub out!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:08 PM

This is quite strange. I tested a friends Iphone5 and didn't have any issues with my RHB radio (430N). What radio do you have?
Have you tried to reboot the Iphone? This can be done by pressing and holding the home & power buttons till the white Apple appears, then release them. The phone will now reboot? I have the 4S & my wife has the 4, bpoth have to be rebooted a few times a month for varying issues besides just BT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
I have a Galaxy S3 and EVERY feature works like a charm in my truck.

Wife picked up an iPhone 5 just last week and, because we mix-n-match vehicles often, I attempted to sync it into my truck for her. Cannot get it to read ANYTHING in my truck.

Apple POS!

Last edited by xsdbs; 10-11-2012 at 06:13 PM.