DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 2WD Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT w/Big Horn EQ GP
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 220ci (3.6L) Pentastar 305hp 269lb/ft
Rep:119
plumcrazy73 will become famous soon enoughplumcrazy73 will become famous soon enough

paint the eyes red!
Sponsored links
Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9ENDY View Post
Can't find a blank shield for the front grille badge that fits the 2013 to be able to make what I want to make. (AMI part #40402 says it fits but it doesn't. The new badges are dog-eared at the top)

In the interim, I hit my front badge with 4 coats of VHT night shades and 3 coats of clear. I like it and may end up just ditching my plans for the custom badge I was making. The night shades black the whole thing out but still leave it looking metallic where it was previously chrome.

^^^^ that looks really good, did you prep the badge in any way prior to spraying? Think I will be doing the same real soon
Old 04-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Addicted to the Z

RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Touched up my rear brakes and serviced the caliper pins. Also cleaned the inside of each Rim.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:46 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Granite
Rep:500
dodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of lightdodgeboy360 is a glorious beacon of light

Looks good ransram I like the look of painted caliper makes it look cleaner and the red sets off the black nicely.. I had a black Dakota RT and did the same with the red calipers good job
Old 04-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Addicted to the Z

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeboy360 View Post
Looks good ransram I like the look of painted caliper makes it look cleaner and the red sets off the black nicely.. I had a black Dakota RT and did the same with the red calipers good job
Thanks Dodgeboy360, I do have to touch them up every spring and fall to keep them looking good but it's worth it.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:58 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crew 4X4
Color: Deep Cherry Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:14
JaxLoki is on a distinguished road

RansRam do ya have a pic of the Recon 3rd light and lightbar?
Mufflex DOD14M, BakFlip Fibermax, K&N Drop-in Filter, Stubby Antenna, In-Cabin Air Filter Mod, Painted Tips, Debadged and B-pillar tape removed, Plastidipped All Chrome, Recon 60" Xtreme Light bar, Linex'd Go Rhino Dominator III Steps, 295/70 18 Trail Grapplers, Fuel Throttle 20x9, ReadyLift SST
Old 04-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Addicted to the Z

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxLoki View Post
RansRam do ya have a pic of the Recon 3rd light and lightbar?
Here are the threads I started for the light bar and third brake light, pics are in those threads,

Light bar
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=125806

Third brake light
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=75135
Old 04-08-2013, 02:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Rep:10
ukonathome is on a distinguished road

Added a rear light logo took about 2 hours total from start of removing factory badge to having new badge wired in.
Ram Logo a.jpg This is how the new badge appears during the day

Ram Logo 2a.jpg At night with running lights on (is brighter with the brake applied)

Ram Logo 1a.jpgAnd from a distance
Old 04-08-2013, 04:10 AM
Victim of Sequestration

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram CC
Color: Black
Rep:175
K9ENDY has a spectacular aura aboutK9ENDY has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukonathome View Post
Added a rear light logo took about 2 hours total from start of removing factory badge to having new badge wired in.
Attachment 34845 This is how the new badge appears during the day

Attachment 34846 At night with running lights on (is brighter with the brake applied)

Attachment 34847And from a distance
That looks pretty awesome!!
DeeZee Ultrablack Bull Bar/Fuel Maverick Wheels/Goodyear DuraTracs/Line-X Bedliner/TorzaTop Tonneau/Steelcraft Nerfbars/18" Magnaflow/K&N Drop-in/Hella Driving Lights/Prestige XS Flares/IPCW Tailgate Bar/Honeycomb Inserts/AVS Vent Visors & Bugflector/DeeZee Tailgate Assist/VHT Tails/Billet Tailgate Emblem/AMI Grille Emblem/Debadged/CrystalVision Fogs/Hardwired Cobra Radar Detector/Stubby Antenna/AMI Fuel Door/Blue Int. LEDs
Old 04-08-2013, 04:12 AM
Victim of Sequestration

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram CC
Color: Black
Rep:175
K9ENDY has a spectacular aura aboutK9ENDY has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
^^^^ that looks really good, did you prep the badge in any way prior to spraying? Think I will be doing the same real soon
I didn't but I should have. I think the paint would have taken a little easier if I had given it a quick sanding.
DeeZee Ultrablack Bull Bar/Fuel Maverick Wheels/Goodyear DuraTracs/Line-X Bedliner/TorzaTop Tonneau/Steelcraft Nerfbars/18" Magnaflow/K&N Drop-in/Hella Driving Lights/Prestige XS Flares/IPCW Tailgate Bar/Honeycomb Inserts/AVS Vent Visors & Bugflector/DeeZee Tailgate Assist/VHT Tails/Billet Tailgate Emblem/AMI Grille Emblem/Debadged/CrystalVision Fogs/Hardwired Cobra Radar Detector/Stubby Antenna/AMI Fuel Door/Blue Int. LEDs