DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that i am from a broken family, although my parents were together when i went into the Navy. After i got out & returned home for a short period, my parents were still in the same house, although i believe now that things were not going that well.
After i left again, to live in California to be on my own & live the wild life, they had apparently separated or divorced. My mother passed away in an auto accident, heavy fog. Then my Dad died from a stroke or 3
The other 6 brothers & sisters were still home & were raised in a different atmosphere.
Only the twin sisters talk to each other on a fairly regular basis.
The others don't hardly communicate, except for special occasions, like xmas & when i go back east to visit.
One brother had several children, one sister had a boy, one sister had 2 boys but they were raised by the twins. the other 3 chose not to have children.

I guess children from split up parents, are affected, all in their own way

Just do what you can to keep the children together to give them the best family life possible, under the circumstances
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 11-07-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:39
websterc is on a distinguished road

I Have to agree with Andrew (fastnugly) on this one, sorry to seclude anyone elses responses to this his just stuck out alot in my mind.

I know if I was in that situation, me myself I would probably rough it out for the kids I would hide it from them the best I could. For my daughter I would do anything, I am sure your the same, and I know that if it meant suffering and having to pick myself up off the floor everyday and be strong for her to grow up not having a broken home then so be it, I would die for her.

If your both great parents and your not subjecting your daughters to a poor atmosphere of fighting, and cheating. Then I unfortunately would continue to do my best with the situation. Once they are old enough to go off to school and you and your wife have decided to fix or separate they are going to understand the monumental task you did for them, and how unselfish and supportive you were for their needs as children....... I think in the end you wont be picking yourself up off the floor anymore... your going to be holding your head to the sky knowing you were a damn good father and no one could ever take that away from you. Not even a cheating wife...

just my two cents....
Old 11-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 RC/SB
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:398
Butter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really niceButter is just really nice

I can forgive a lot of things but another man in my house is not one of them, if it were me the marriage would be over!
2010 Ram 1500 reg cab swb 4x4, 5.7 Hemi, 3:92 gears, Flowmaster 40 true duals, 2.5 leveling kit, Bridgestone Dueler 275/55/20 on KMC Skitch Wheels, DeeZee steps, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Weathertech Digital fit floor mats
Old 11-07-2012, 06:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 outdoorsme
Trim Level: Outdoorsmen
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:38
C0ps is on a distinguished road

You ask a personel question to a bunch of strangers I take it so you can be given honest responces. Well than here is mine!

Run! Run and never look back. Are you kidding me? 6 guys? I can understand once with a smooth talker and she got caught in the moment. But 6? In my own bed? If you love your kids you would not expose them to such a mother! Get proof she cheats, get custody with invitation rights. Hand her a dildo and Take out the trash. You only live once! Live it the way you want it and how you deserve it. You dont have to put up with anything.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT 4x4
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:214
Gecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura aboutGecko has a spectacular aura about

Well my two cents would be to get out of there. Coming from parents that divorced when I was the same age as your children, I think they will grow up to be fine, I know me and my brother did. I don't even really remember when my parents were together, only bits and pieces. I love both my parents still and they can get along when around each other but it just wasn't meant to be for them to be together. I think if you're going to go for a divorce it is best to do it when they are young instead of older. It will be harder for them the older they are. Again, just my two cents, but I think enough is enough and you need to respect yourself now and be done with her.
-Full Custom Dual Exhaust by Big Power Racing - Inertia Crazy Jay Plus Cam -Pacesetter LTs - BFI Composite #83 - Inertia Custom Tune - Dual DMH Cutouts - 87mm TB - 180* t-stat-
Old 11-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Now 2012

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Deep Red Pearl
Rep:146
Ram11 will become famous soon enoughRam11 will become famous soon enough

I only read your post, and I'm sorry and feel for you, this is a major problem, that I believe the only thing you can do is step off.
I understand you have kids, and you want to keep the family together, but pick your self and run......
Factory Fender Flare's... Smoked Rain Guard's... 8,000 Hid'... Zeta Body Side Molding... Painted Pinstripe... Dodge S/S Door Sills... S10 Bed Slide... Ghost Flames... Mopar Tonneau Cover... Mopar High Performance Exhaust... K and N Cold Air Intake...Bilstein 4600 Front Shocks.....Thunder Form enclosure Loaded with 2 10 Kenwood Subs,,
Old 11-07-2012, 08:42 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

My response is gonna' be real brief as I don't believe in airing my laundary in public in any format.... especially on an internet board.

So.....

It's never the same the second time around..... NEVER! Put her on foot patrol.

Grub out!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

I have a friend that dealt with this last year with his wife and it went on for a couple of years and she said she would stop and loved him and kids *they have 4* Things were ok for a bit then *dance lesson's* started again and it was the same routine. He got out finally and things are going great for him and the kids they have joint custody. I have a co-worker that was on the other end he had affairs and was doing all the stuff that your wife is/was and he was very honest about it when he talked about it as it is in the past. He would do anything and say anything to his wife at the time but he knew he wasn't giving up this affair. You stated your wife said she didn't know if she could let go of this guy. I think that right there is a sign for you. You say you are like Columbo trust your gut and get out. Also not sure if I would hide her lies from her family it is then condoning the actions. Your kids will be fine and stay in their lives. They will be more unhappy in the future if they found out you stayed with there mother for them. Kids also have good instincts and can tell when things aren't right. So staying with a woman that has admitted she can't give this guy up basically tells you that this isn't a marriage anymore. Just my thoughts on this and best of luck to you and I totally feel for you. There are times for second chances this might not be the one or even the 3rd and it isn't like it was just one or two times it has been many times/guys
Old 11-07-2012, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro
Color: Electric Blue
Rep:3944
BlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond reputeBlueJet has a reputation beyond repute

From a woman's point of view:

One affair, maybe, but six? Once a cheater always a cheater and now that the trust is broken, not sure what kind of counseling could ever fix that.

Happy parents are good parents, staying for the kids just creates a tense environment. If it means the parents aren't together then so be it.

No one can tell you what to do, we aren't you and don't walk in your shoes but I would tell you to listen to your instinct because that is what you will end up following. I wish you the best, this isn't a fun situation.

Like what you see? Support this fine site!

Go here for great how-to's and make sure you know the rules!

Make sure you show off your Ram by posting pics in the GALLERY!!

L.O.B.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:54 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:139
SnoylCC5 will become famous soon enoughSnoylCC5 will become famous soon enough

I agree with Bluejet and most others on here. Once a cheater, always a cheater. My dad did this to my mom when i was young. The fact that my mom left him was the best thing for her and me. It was hard at first, but we made it and were happier than ever. No one on here can tell you what to do, but i would leave. the kids will be ok. they will be happier if you are both happier. I am so sorry man I definitely feel for you. i will pray that everything works out. and if you are a Christian, you should too.

BTW- as soon as i found out that they had sex in my house, let alone my bed, i would have taken the kids, told her entire family, and left. especially if it had been done more than once. IMO.

Regardless, i hope everything works out. Just keep faith in God.

Mods: Debadged, plasti-dip all chrome, 2.5" leveling kit, 10000k HID's, Superchips Flashpaq 3865, red interior LED's
Soon to come: 6" suspension lift, 35" or 37" tires, New rims (undecided), 5% tint all around, LED tailgate bar