DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 3RD Generation Dodge Ram 2002 to 2008 Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 3rd Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie/Sport/SLT
Color: Metallic Silver
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
krazybone is on a distinguished road
Default 2005 dodge ram 1500 help needed electrical and remote start

Alright here i am. My name is cameron im a farmer from central saskatchewan i drive a 2005 dodge ram 1500 daytona edition its got the 5.7L hemi v8. i gave the truck a good kick in the pants. turned the daytona from a street racing half ton to a back country mudder

Anyway, i'll try to keep this short and sweet. I am a big fan of kiji and buying and selling parts and pieces on there (kiji is like an auto trader or ebay type of deal if you dont know thats what us canadians use) do to working all winter and our hard canadian winters i have decided to put a command start or remote start in my pickup. i went to the closest city near me to get a quote and it was around 600$ to install. now being a do it yourself kind of guy and no mechanical experience really i thought i'll buy a used one and try to install it backyard mechanic style. So i found a command start of kijiji and the only information on it is it is a CM5200 and it says made in china on it. i can take pictures of the unit and get them up here if needed but i think i kind of found which one it is and the manual on the internet at
http://www.compustar.com/dealersuppo...3_nonprint.pdf

start reading here if you want to skip all the get to know eachother nonsense above

so here is where i am at. i have the antenna all mounted and i have the fob programmed into the unit and my truck i am just having a little but of trouble playing the match and guessing game with a few wires to get this thing installed. i feel like i am so close and it has became personal between me and this command start i have spent hours laying on the floor trying to get it working and im a stubborn redneck farmer and wont let him win

so i have got almost everything hooked up to the right wires as far as i can tell. im pretty sure the starter wire i have hooked up correctly but my problem is

when i go and hit the start button on the command start fob there is just a few ticks from the unit and nothing much happens. then in about 3 or 4 second intervals this little tiny tick continues from the box. if you dont understand what i mean i could try and take a video and post in on here for you guys. but here is the kicker where i know i am close. if i turn my key to the "on position" not starting the truck just turn the key to the slot before starting the truck and you get all your dash lights and radio power etc the fob will work. then i can press the start button on the command start fob and the truck will start up. or the other way around i can press the start button on the command start fob and nothing much will happen and then if i turn my key to the on position after that it will start on its own without turning the key all the way forward and turning it over myself.

------- What am i missing here? which one of my wires would not be hooked up correctly? would it be that accessory wire that controls all the electrical and things you get in that key position right before you turn it over? I am clueless here and running out of will power on this one and was wondering if you fellas could help me out. or if you cant point me in the right direction to someone who maybe can?

thanks guys
Old 12-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: slt
Color: gold
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
bheinle is on a distinguished road

Sounds like your missing a 2nd ignition