DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Express RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
Gst95dsm is on a distinguished road

If ever a thread needed deleted..... this is it.
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:963
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

I most definitely agree Gst95dsm.

Oh and steve5901? Great purchasing habits you got there and one more thing; sounds like you just bent yourself over and got RAMMED! Hell Yeah!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:00 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: WHITE
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:902
oldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to beholdoldhp is a splendid one to behold

Agree, Some people don't like wheel locks, mine are still behind seat.
Yes, Chrome on plastic glued to wheels. Good or not? Time will tell.
By golly my steering wheel wasn't straight...they happly fixed it.
Runs like I wouldn't have believed...until I got on it. WOW!!!
Knock on wood....thats it.
Love my HEMI Ram Express!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:04 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

My plastic covered wheels on my 04 lasted 118,000 miles. I traded it in and I am sure they are still going strong
Old 11-09-2012, 10:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RCSB Express
Rep:97
mikennrg will become famous soon enough

OP has a history of doing this. I did a search and guess what turned up. This is from a Mini forum. http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...-problems.html He also has stuff on a Honda forum.

Originally Posted by steve5901
The automatic is prone to failing. I have an 07 MCS and had the transmission go into "limp home" mode twice - which keeps it in second or third gear only, with a top speed of around 30 mph. The dealer tells me they have been flooded with problems with the automatic. Mine has been an absolute nightmare. I fact I have decided to dump it at whatever price I can get - if I can get if out of the dealer's service dept - where it has been for 5 weeks!! I have tried to lemon law it, but can't quite get it there.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:08 PM

steve5901
Neutral

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gallery
Dealer abuse. Fees, Fees, Fees on my Mini
My 2007 MCS has been a nightmare. I have hired a lawyer to try for a lemon law buy-back, but it seems a long slow process.

In the meantime, I contacted the dealer, Lauderdale Mini in Ft Lauderdale, to allow me to trade it in on a BMW 328. After a lot of begging on my part to help me out of a real bad car, we reached an agreement.

Lo and behold, when the Sales Agreement showed up they had tacked an additional $499 to the price, labeling it a “dealer services fee” They had a VERY well rehearsed argument to get me to pay more than we agreed to.

In my business (real estate development), we negotiate deals all the time. When we formalize them into a contract I can assure you that the contract reflects what we agreed to. I would be out of business real fast if I agreed to a price and handed someone a contract with a higher price.

Car salesman have a horrendous reputation, and tricks like these show that their reputations are well deserved.

I am telling everyone I can reach: Do not buy a car from Lauderdale Mini (or Lauderdale BMW).

Pass this message on. They are dishonest people.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:09 PM

steve5901
Neutral

Gallery
My feet are on fire and MINI says "TS". HELP ME
Mini heat 138.jpgThe foot well on my '07 MCS gets incredibly hot. I have heard of others complaining of this issue. I took the car to the 2 local dealers (Vista and Lauderdale Mini). Both said it was a design flaw that I would have to live with. From what I understand, there is no shut off valve to keep hot water from circulating in the heater core when heat is not wanted.

They took readings with an infrared thermometer and got 138 degrees on the side next to the gas pedal. It should be noted that it only takes 15 seconds for human skin to get a 3rd degree burn at 133 degrees.

My wife can’t drive the car - she wears open toe shoes and has burnt her feet. I live in S. Florida. We wear flip-flops here. Not with a Mini – you’ll burn your feet.

Mini refuses to fix my car. They offered me less than wholesale when I requested to trade it for a BMW. I have hired an attorney to try to get a lemon law buy back. Failing that I plan to make it my mission to let the world know that Mini has design issues and that they will not stand behind their product.

My goal is to get them to do a recall so these can be fixed. Who knows, maybe during the fight they will offer to buy my car to shut me up.

Anyone who has experienced this problem please let me know. I would like to compile a list so that my attorney can show this is not an isolated problem and that it represents a serious safety issue
Thanks
Steve
Old 11-09-2012, 10:10 PM

steve5901
Neutral

Gallery
Heat In Driver's Footwell?
Is there a problem with excessive heat in the driver's footwell?
The driver's footwell in my 2007 MCS gets incredibly hot. I can't wear flip-flops to drive this car. After 15 minutes my foot is burning up. I took the car to the local dealer (Vista Motors in Ft Lauderdale). They stuffed some padding under the carpet and said that was all they could do. The service tech said that this is “a design flaw” and there is nothing that could be done. He stated that the heater core is located in the right side of the driver’s footwell, and since there is not shut off valve that it will always be hot.
I am trying to see if this is true or just CYA by Mini. Anyone else having this problem?
I called Mini Customer service (Ron @ x7453). They promised to look into it and call back but they never did. This makes me wonder if they are worried about liability and won’t admit to the design flaw.
Thanks
Steve
Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 PM

This one on the key fob is funny. How did it break without being used? LOL

steve5901
Neutral

Gallery
My spare, which was never used, is broken the same way. Dealer blamed me and said "tough luck"
Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 PM

Vehicle: 2014 4x4 Regular Cab w/8ft bed
Trim Level: Tradesman 4x4
Color: White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:963
Gantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to beholdGantman is a splendid one to behold

Hey....................You think this steve5901 is actually a Penis lover, oops I meant a Prius owner? Hahahaha!