DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 5.7-liter HEMI® V8 engine - 390 horsepower, 407 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
After reading all the info I have provided in this thread who here actually got it contact with Hemifever/ or will contact Hemifever because of it.
I had known of him, but after this thread decided to contact him. He gave me an extremely good deal and I tried it out. I ended up sending it back though(we had this worked out before hand so no big deal) because my truck was no faster than with the superchips tune, but got worse gas mileage. Nothing against him or his tuning, he was very fair and the truck ran great with his tune. I especially liked his trans tune(enough that it convinced me to buy the superchips advanced trans tuning so I can make my own shift schedules).

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1772
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

I will reach him once the 12 tunes are out and i get it loaded and enjoy it for a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHemi View Post
Question for you guys.....

After reading all the info I have provided in this thread who here actually got it contact with Hemifever/ or will contact Hemifever because of it. Just curious to see how many people I've helped and sent his way....I know of maybe 3-4 people/not counting the people at the track asking me about it. I keep seeing his name all over different forums now and can't help to think after people reading my thread it helped get the word out on just how much better his tunes are compared to stock/diablos.

On a side note I planned hitting the track tonight but couldn't get a baby sitter. I guess 2-3 weeks I should be making passes at the track again (closed for the short winter/holidays) and hopefully the 1-2,2-3 wot shift issues will be resolved on diablos side. I should break into the 13.7 easily just running in better weather and maybe high 13.6s when the shifting issues are resolved. With me seriously think about putting her on the bottle next month I should without a doubt be in the high 12s or very low 13s worst case scenario.
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 12-15-2012, 01:51 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

I don't see why you would either be in LOW 13's or crack a high 12. snrusnak can attest we know a guy who ran very low 12's consistently (best was a 12.2) with his RCSB Express but he was also running 150 shot which I personally don't believe is good for the motor with stock internals lol As of right now you have me leaning towards getting a Diablo. I was going to stick with Bully Dog but HemiFever is loading up his tunes onto a Diablo free of charge if you buy it from his site which I can't ignore. If I was stick with canned tunes I'd go with Bully Dog (personal choice, bash all you want lol) but for a tiny bit more I can get a HemiFever tune which I can't really ignore.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:52 PM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
I don't see why you would either be in LOW 13's or crack a high 12. snrusnak can attest we know a guy who ran very low 12's consistently (best was a 12.2) with his RCSB Express but he was also running 150 shot which I personally don't believe is good for the motor with stock internals lol As of right now you have me leaning towards getting a Diablo. I was going to stick with Bully Dog but HemiFever is loading up his tunes onto a Diablo free of charge if you buy it from his site which I can't ignore. If I was stick with canned tunes I'd go with Bully Dog (personal choice, bash all you want lol) but for a tiny bit more I can get a HemiFever tune which I can't really ignore.
Man, do it!
I'm surprised you wanted to stick with BD considering you got shorties among other things.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:18 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
The guy that ran 12.4 on a 150 shot in the 1/4 was fasthemiram05 but I don't know if he's on this forum..... all I gotta say is I've been in contact with him over the last week getting that nitrous set-up out of his hands LOL.

Here's his pass at 12.4 @ 111mph
Old 12-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Rep:10
LoneWolfNY is on a distinguished road

Kinda upset with myself I got mine threw AutoAnything for $599. There service and free shipping was great but... I would have really liked a free tune. I'll still end up buying a tune threw this guy based on everyone's reviews here.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Sport
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:111
TheBlackHemi will become famous soon enoughTheBlackHemi will become famous soon enough

Yeah you should have read my thread if you didn't already because I'm pretty sure I mentioned that on the first couple of pages.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
Rep:10
LoneWolfNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackHemi View Post
Yeah you should have read my thread if you didn't already because I'm pretty sure I mentioned that on the first couple of pages.
I know, unfortunately I already ordered it before I saw your thread.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:53 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:1178
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

You guys might seriously be interested in Total Load Control for your setups. It really does help eliminate the squat on takeoff in the rear-end.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 12-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfNY View Post
Kinda upset with myself I got mine threw AutoAnything for $599. There service and free shipping was great but... I would have really liked a free tune. I'll still end up buying a tune threw this guy based on everyone's reviews here.
PM AJ from autoanything and see if he can credit you the Ramforumz discount which I think is 16%
That should help you and make you feel better

I need a custom tune cause my DS does not recognize my gears and there is no way to change it