DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4


Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Kelzan Kelzan is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Age: 37
Posts: 40
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:12
Kelzan is on a distinguished road
Default More newbie lift questions

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading a lot of posts about lifting our trucks and i just had some questions?

I am thinking of going with a Rough Country 6" lift with Bilstein 5100's. Now i read a post of fastNugly's saying that if i put on the 6" lift and set the Bilsteins to 1.4 that the truck should sit level? Is this correct? I don't really want to do rear coil spacers as i think the 6" lift alone will be plenty.

Also with it lifted up will the 5100's for the rear still work? I was thinking of ordering all 4 from Essex Distributors.

I am also thinking of going with Fuel Hostage 20x10 rims with 35" Toyo muds or Nitto Mud tires. What would i need for offset and backspacing? I want the tires to stick out a bit but not too much. I was looking at SD wheel corp and it says you can get them in -24, -12mm and a backspace of 4.5, 5"

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
Tim
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2  
Old 11-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Bully's Performance's Avatar
Bully's Performance Bully's Performance is offline
BULLYS PERFORMANCE


 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: lathrop
Posts: 10,099
Gender: Male
Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 9
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzan View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading a lot of posts about lifting our trucks and i just had some questions?

I am thinking of going with a Rough Country 6" lift with Bilstein 5100's. Now i read a post of fastNugly's saying that if i put on the 6" lift and set the Bilsteins to 1.4 that the truck should sit level? Is this correct? I don't really want to do rear coil spacers as i think the 6" lift alone will be plenty.

Also with it lifted up will the 5100's for the rear still work? I was thinking of ordering all 4 from Essex Distributors.

I am also thinking of going with Fuel Hostage 20x10 rims with 35" Toyo muds or Nitto Mud tires. What would i need for offset and backspacing? I want the tires to stick out a bit but not too much. I was looking at SD wheel corp and it says you can get them in -24, -12mm and a backspace of 4.5, 5"

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me.
Tim
Bilsteins set to 1.4 will put your truck almost level I do believe fast still has a 1 inch rear coil spacer though so you might be a little nose high if u do this, as far as bilsteins go adjustables in the front and monotubes in the back, I have a shock upgrade kit here ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=124772 it includes the front and rear Bilstein 5100's for 415$ delivered to your door.

Wheel offset will depend on what kind of flares you are going to run, oem flares - 12mm would stick out just a tad, pocket flares with-12 would be flush or slightly tucked, - 24mm looks real good with oem and pockets.

Hope this helps ya out
__________________
With over 2.5 million products available, we have what you need! (including wheels and tires!)
For pricing or questions, email us @ sales@bullysperformance.com

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Kelzan Kelzan is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Age: 37
Posts: 40
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:12
Kelzan is on a distinguished road
Default

Thanks for the reply.

I am in Canada so is that still $415.00 to my door for the billsteins?

I will also just be keeping the oem flares on. So I guess I need to start searching for pics of the -12 and -24 on some trucks. Anyone have pictures they can share in this thread of 20x10 wheels with either of these offsets?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2012, 05:03 PM
Bully's Performance's Avatar
Bully's Performance Bully's Performance is offline
BULLYS PERFORMANCE


 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: lathrop
Posts: 10,099
Gender: Male
Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 9
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzan View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I am in Canada so is that still $415.00 to my door for the billsteins?

I will also just be keeping the oem flares on. So I guess I need to start searching for pics of the -12 and -24 on some trucks. Anyone have pictures they can share in this thread of 20x10 wheels with either of these offsets?

Thanks
To Canada your looking at roughly 80 for shipping plus the taxes at the border
__________________
With over 2.5 million products available, we have what you need! (including wheels and tires!)
For pricing or questions, email us @ sales@bullysperformance.com

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2012, 05:40 PM
Kelzan Kelzan is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Alberta
Age: 37
Posts: 40
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:12
Kelzan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
To Canada your looking at roughly 80 for shipping plus the taxes at the border
No worries. I can get them here in Canada for 434.00 with free shipping. Thanks anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Bully's Performance's Avatar
Bully's Performance Bully's Performance is offline
BULLYS PERFORMANCE


 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: lathrop
Posts: 10,099
Gender: Male
Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 9
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzan View Post
No worries. I can get them here in Canada for 434.00 with free shipping. Thanks anyway.
That's pretty good for up there I would definitely go that route , make sure u have the right part numbers for the front and the rears as they are 2 different shocks, and not interchangeable with each other.
__________________
With over 2.5 million products available, we have what you need! (including wheels and tires!)
For pricing or questions, email us @ sales@bullysperformance.com

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum