DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: '12 Ram Sport CC / '02 Durango
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:154
emjohn4 has a spectacular aura aboutemjohn4 has a spectacular aura about
Default Chapman Dodge - Scottsdale AZ

Just a very abridged summary of my experiences there regarding warranty work...be careful with them.

I brought the truck in on October 22 for three issues:
1.) Paint issues: Paint bubbling on passenger front door handle, Paint bubbling on inner drivers fender, Paint damaged on drivers rear door sill.

2.) Harsh transmission shifting, with occasional flutter between gears.

3.) Rattle in dashboard ()

My service writer was not very responsive to my issues, and I don't feel (and still don't) that my concerns were taken seriously.

On October 22nd, I brought the truck in for the first time. Service writer took pictures, and said he would send to Chrysler for approval. Scheduled a return appointment on October 24th to get the paint addressed and the other issues addressed.

Between October 22nd and today (November 20), I had to go to the dealer four additional times, and I opened a case with Chrysler Customer Care due to inattentiveness.

Flash forward to today: I go to pick the truck up - and it is absolutely filthy. Paint dust, real dust, and other grime all over the truck. Paint work looks decent, but not great. Rear door sill is fixed good, passenger door handle was replaced, but the fender had a lot of over-spray; which my service writer claimed was dirt.

He washed the truck, but still over-spray remained. After some light polishing, most was removed.

The passenger side door was damaged during the replacement of the door handle:

My big issue is the following:

1.) I don't feel that my concerns were ever taken seriously.
2.) The repairs were done ok, but not 100% finished (why was there over-spray that needed taken care of?)
3.) Over-spray was left all over the windshield.
4.) Service writer could not duplicate the dash rattle - apparently video proof of it is not indication of it actually existing. I have to bring the truck back when it is happening again - which I am sure will result in a "could not duplicate" diagnosis again.
5.) Service writer claims a transmission software update was performed, but the paper work says otherwise. I don't like being lied to.
6.) Paint damage being done to the truck - when that is exactly what the truck was in to fix, paint defects from Chrysler.

I don't expect perfection, but I don't think half-ass attention is acceptable either.

Supposedly, I am going to be contacted by the dealers customer service representative to get the door scratch fixed by a mobile paint repair company. Not too concerned with the scratch, but it really is not acceptable to have damage done to the truck by the dealer.

If you take your truck there, be sure to watch them closely. They'll eventually do acceptable work, but they need to be pushed to do so. I should not have to push anyone to do their best work, and not damage a customers vehicle.

Hopefully, YMMV, but those were my experiences. Not great for a $40k truck with only 4k miles on it.

PM me if you are local, and I will provide names and more details as well.
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2012, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Crew cab
Trim Level: Sport, loaded
Color: Obsidian Black Pearl
Rep:112
Divi will become famous soon enoughDivi will become famous soon enough

The sales people are nice there, i bought my 05 SRT-4 from them in 05 after my first ram was stolen. Never had to deal with service as i was only in AZ for 2 months after purchase.

Stinks that they damaged your door, id be all over them like a fly on shit for that.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi View Post
The sales people are nice there, i bought my 05 SRT-4 from them in 05 after my first ram was stolen. Never had to deal with service as i was only in AZ for 2 months after purchase.

Stinks that they damaged your door, id be all over them like a fly on shit for that.
Yeah, I called Chrysler customer care back to update my case, the lady I spoke to started laughing (not as in laughing at me, but more of what else could go wrong!).

I'm supposed to get a call back today from my case manager.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:50 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: MagnaHEMI
Color: Deep Water Pearl Blue
Rep:120
KarateManAZ will become famous soon enoughKarateManAZ will become famous soon enough

Good luck with them. I have had no problems with Earnhardt dodge off of country club and the 60.
Oh Yeah its a MagnaHEMI 12.2@109
Old 11-21-2012, 11:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:10
jbarr77 is on a distinguished road

I had similar issues with Whitson-Morgan in AR. Very short and not helpful when it came to some of the issues I had with my truck. When you shell out 10's of thousands of dollars for something you expect these things to happen, but sometimes I guess they do. Still love my truck tho!
Old 11-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 RCSB 4X4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:173
Unfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura aboutUnfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarateManAZ View Post
Good luck with them. I have had no problems with Earnhardt dodge off of country club and the 60.
My parents bought a 2007 Grand caravan from them back then and they had a great experience with them.
MODS- QTP Exhaust Cutout, ARH Long-tube Headers, HornBlasters Train Horn, HemiFever Tuned, Linex bedliner, Painted mirrors and door handles, 14" magnaflow muffler, Cabin air filter, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Black 17" Sport Edition TK5 Wheels, K&N CAI, BT Catch can, 85mm Throttle body, Upper glovebox Mod, Recon Black Projector headlights, Retroshops- Tinted LED Tails including 3rd brake.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:47 PM

Update:

I received a call from Jamie Cox to schedule a mobile paint repair for the scratch that Chapman placed on my truck. Once the scratch is repaired, I'll post another update.

However, as I hand washed the truck today, I noticed that the over-spray on the fender and windshield also extends to the drivers door, roof, and drivers window. Apparently, Chapman does not believe in covering areas of the vehicle that are not to be painted.

Now I have a $40k truck with 4,400 miles on it that has over-spray all over it.

Chrysler customer care is aware of these issues and will be following up with Chapman directly. I would bet my choices are to take the truck back to Chapman and let their "skilled" workers "fix" it, or I could spend 8+ hours and clay-bar the truck myself. Based on the monumental screw-ups to date by Chapman, I don't think I'll be doing that; so I guess my next free weekend will be filled with clay-bar paint cleaning.

I have lost all faith in the quality of work from Chapman - if you are considering taking your vehicle there for service (warranty or otherwise), I would seriously suggest that you reconsider. Please learn from my frustrations and issues with Chapman; stay away!
Old 11-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 RCSB 4X4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Rep:173
Unfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura aboutUnfairkickazz93 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjohn4 View Post
Update:

I received a call from Jamie Cox to schedule a mobile paint repair for the scratch that Chapman placed on my truck. Once the scratch is repaired, I'll post another update.

However, as I hand washed the truck today, I noticed that the over-spray on the fender and windshield also extends to the drivers door, roof, and drivers window. Apparently, Chapman does not believe in covering areas of the vehicle that are not to be painted.

Now I have a $40k truck with 4,400 miles on it that has over-spray all over it.

Chrysler customer care is aware of these issues and will be following up with Chapman directly. I would bet my choices are to take the truck back to Chapman and let their "skilled" workers "fix" it, or I could spend 8+ hours and clay-bar the truck myself. Based on the monumental screw-ups to date by Chapman, I don't think I'll be doing that; so I guess my next free weekend will be filled with clay-bar paint cleaning.

I have lost all faith in the quality of work from Chapman - if you are considering taking your vehicle there for service (warranty or otherwise), I would seriously suggest that you reconsider. Please learn from my frustrations and issues with Chapman; stay away!
Man, I am sorry to hear about you problems. Do you have any other dealers in mind? I know there are alot of choices in scottsdale.
MODS- QTP Exhaust Cutout, ARH Long-tube Headers, HornBlasters Train Horn, HemiFever Tuned, Linex bedliner, Painted mirrors and door handles, 14" magnaflow muffler, Cabin air filter, BakFlip G2 tonneau cover, Black 17" Sport Edition TK5 Wheels, K&N CAI, BT Catch can, 85mm Throttle body, Upper glovebox Mod, Recon Black Projector headlights, Retroshops- Tinted LED Tails including 3rd brake.