i have an 05 ram big horn quad cab 4x4. I hate how my truck sounds...I CANT HEAR IT. to me trucks need to have that old school "truck" sound. I am wanting to do true dual exhaust now and get rid of cats. Have always heard good things about magnaflow. is the Tru X the way to go? or should i go with off road X and two bullet style mufflers after the X? i think the pipe size people tend to go with is 2.5. was going to have an exhaust shop fab it in for me. but i was going to buy the muffler/s that i wanted them to install. then in spring do LTS and a CAI system with programmer. cant do it all at once unfortunatley as i just purchased heads cam intake and other goodies for my WS6 that is going to be my winter project. any input is appreciated. scoured youtube for sound clips...but they never sound the same in person. whats everyones opinion on this setup? looking for buy the mufflers ASAP to hopefully get truck done next weekend. wanted the exhasut sticking out back. love that look.
I like the Magnaflow sound myself but won't recommend it to everyone. What sounds good to me may not sound good to them. But if you like it, then half the battle of picking an exhaust has been won.
I don't have your particular setup but here's what I did:
1. Replaced stock Y pipe with a Magnaflow unit for better flow.
2. Left the cats on to avoid codes and we get inspected here so it's a no-no. You won't pass without them.
3. Used a single in / dual out Magnaflow 18" long muffler. Packaging at true dual system with the big fuel tank on the driver's side was an issue. Running dual pipes on one side was doable, but it meant a large bend in the pipe downstream to get it to the other side. No an optimum setup.
4. New pipes all the way back with new tips.
5. Removed the stock resonator.