DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 2x4
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:134
hodgeee will become famous soon enoughhodgeee will become famous soon enough
Default Well, finally decided to finish up the truck!

I know this has been way overplayed, but to me, I think the SRT10 rims are some of the best looking rims to fit a Ram truck. I also noticed going from my 20"s to 22"s the turn in and handling took a dramatic increase with the lower profile tires. Absolutely love the handling now. I did notice going to this much more rim, that the weight went up significantly to feel like I lost at least 10hp from the swap. Noticable increase in throttle to get me started now.

I went with 285/40/22's front and 305/40/22's in the rear, about 31.5" tire so a little slow on the speedometer. Nitto 420's, nice ride, quite, really good traction.

I was suprized to find, that with my larger swaybars and these 10" wide rims on the front, I literally have 1/4" of room when the steering is locked in either direction. They couldn't put weights on the inner lip and had to use tape, cause they would bang my swaybar when doing u-turns.

Ordered from TruckLeather.com a steering wheel wrap, what a pain to install but looks much better than the plastic steering wheel and feels great in the hands, nice and thick and comfortable. I also ordered a interior kit, with perforated middles, grey on the outside and beige in the middle with white stiching, to match the dash and interior. I should have these by the end of January and will post some pics then.

I also have the Mopar hard toneau coming in. I loved how it has a winglet on the end and the center rise matches the hood. I also considered the body kit, but thought it looked a little too tacked on, and just made the truck look really tall. I will post the pics as the parts come in.

Got my long tubes getting Ceramic coated inside and out, so I hope they won't take two weeks like they said, so my final performance part will go on the truck at that time. I show some pics of the Headers with the coating. $275 at a local shop.

The rest of my mods are listed on my sig. Basically doing the same as everyone else when it comes to bolt-ons. But I don't think anyone minds more pics.

So should have my final pics by the end of January. I didn't take any pics but I also installed the Mopar-Kicker replacement speakers in my truck. They dramatically improved the sound, not bad since I am using the stock stereo to power them. 2 6X9 two ways, and 2 6X9 woofers with 2 dash mounted tweeters. I also found out that the kicker plug in amps work, but would not recommend them on the standard cab since they cross out frequencies below 80Hz, so that all the bass comes out of the Kicker subwoofer which only fits 4 door models. Also the front door speekers and dash tweeters run parallel so it is a 4.1 channel amp. For a standard cab you would be better off amping separately since the Mopar-Kicker stuff is all high pass signals, which add a considerable amount of noise and static in some systems and they eliminate the bass. Not a super stereo dude anymore, so the 6x9's in my truck have all the bass I need, especially with the improved sound.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131129_155532[1].jpg (107.3 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg 20131130_072109[1].jpg (123.2 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 20131130_072138[1].jpg (117.8 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 20131206_150947[1].jpg (117.8 KB, 97 views)
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2013, 10:39 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Crew Cab 1500 Sport
Trim Level: Sport Max
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:108
AlmostSleezy will become famous soon enoughAlmostSleezy will become famous soon enough

Looks good! Love the wheels!

All ordered from Bully's Performance.
Best 0-60mph in 5.61 seconds.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:05 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Come up awesome!

Was the wheel cover a stich job, like needle and thread stich, literally?

I love chunky feeling steering wheels.

Grub out!
Old 12-07-2013, 12:01 AM

Yep, takes about 40 minutes to do it, like I said pain in the ars. Our steering wheel is too thick in areas, making these kind of covers questionable, but like I said, feels real good in the hand, not super pleasing to the eyes. Don't get TruckLeather.com any bad rep, I have seen there kits, this was another makers cover that TruckLeather sells as an accessories.

I will take and post pics as I get my parts in. The last thing to order is the SSBC 3 piston brake kit. Another guy at work has it, and after driving his truck, WOW, what a difference in brakes, feels as good as the Brembos I had on my old STI. But I should have everything in and installed by January. So if you check it out every now and again I will post plenty of pics, just for those that want to reference some ideas on the same parts.
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes
Old 12-07-2013, 12:21 AM

Default Thinking about this hood

Also am considering a ram air hood for the truck, has real ram air and to me Mimics the SRT10 looks which I love
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ram hood.jpg (58.0 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg ram air hood.jpg (118.0 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by hodgeee; 12-07-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:41 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
Come up awesome!

Was the wheel cover a stich job, like needle and thread stich, literally?

I love chunky feeling steering wheels.

I love them also, did mine a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgeee View Post
Yep, takes about 40 minutes to do it, like I said pain in the ars. Our steering wheel is too thick in areas, making these kind of covers questionable, but like I said, feels real good in the hand, not super pleasing to the eyes. Don't get TruckLeather.com any bad rep, I have seen there kits, this was another makers cover that TruckLeather sells as an accessories.

I will take and post pics as I get my parts in. The last thing to order is the SSBC 3 piston brake kit. Another guy at work has it, and after driving his truck, WOW, what a difference in brakes, feels as good as the Brembos I had on my old STI. But I should have everything in and installed by January. So if you check it out every now and again I will post plenty of pics, just for those that want to reference some ideas on the same parts.

Sweet truck, looks really nice, looking forward to your brake kit install. Congrats on a sweet ride
Old 12-07-2013, 07:19 PM

man I like your one piece cover, goes on much cleaner. I had to do it three times, and did a little tweeking on it yesterday to get the bottom lines a little straighter. I think it helped, but didn't bother to repic it since it was such a small detail. I had a huge problem from pulling and tugging on the leather that the 4 points that they stitch it together kept stretching at different levels. I finally just threaded it in two directions at the same time, otherwise I would have never gotten it just right. I found out also that the perforated leather is a little thicker, has to be to accomidate the perforations and keep the leather strong. If I was to do it again, I would get one color all perforated, and stitch it from both directions again. That would come out looking almost perfect, since the thicker leather stretches better and doesn't show all the wrinkles on the lighter cover.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:56 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:199
Ryank has a spectacular aura aboutRyank has a spectacular aura about

Man you truck looks good! I swear I've passed you before at some point, I live in Vegas as well!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1946
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Truck looks great man! I love the look of a lowered standard cab. I'm tempted to build one down the road to use as a daily driver after I finish my Cummins build.

Thanks for sharing all the information and pictures!

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover
EST 500 hp/1268 ft-lbs at FW | H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake w/ Scoop
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's
Old 12-09-2013, 01:48 AM

I think I got parts comming in each week until it is done. I got a ram bed mat tommorrow, and a bed extender either by the end of the week or beginning next. The Tonneau states it is packed and ready to ship. I have read that for 4 days now, when the heck they shipping the damn thing. I got Adjustable Sphoon upper and lower control arms comming in as soon as they finish making them. My Headers should be ready in about 10 days, first of January will order the SSBC kit. Sorry things like the torque converter and the rear gears were put in before I bothered taking pics, and same with the suspension kit for the before and after. I will post some other mods pics tommorrow, like the E-fan, throttle body, little painting I did.