DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram Dealer Issues - VIN and Order Tracking - Dodge Ram MSRP & Pricing Discussion Have you had a good experience with your Dodge Ram Dealer? Had a bad one? Let us know about it in here! - Dodge Ram Production Questions - Order Status - VIN Tracking - Etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-21-2012, 10:32 PM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: '11 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1189
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of
Default New '11 Ram, Little Problems with the Big Horn...and a huge kudos to Tacoma Dodge.

Well after putting 8500 miles on my truck on a road trip, then another 1,000 or so since I have been back, I have noticed a few issues and decided to get them taken care of. List of issues so far (none major except maybe the first one).

-Torque Converter noise. Sounded like a card in a bicycle wheel. It turns out the dealer says it was the thrust bearing on the converter.

-Torn weatherstripping (R/R cab) on the cab itself, but in the door opening:

-Torn rear seat cover...apparently the dog needs his nails trimmed or something.

The interior warranty by AutoQual covers this little oops. The new rear seat is on order.

-Paint issue, the paint appears to be bubbling on the right rear of my cab, right before my bed:

We are still unsure what exactly this is. It looks like a botched repaint, but other than this, the body shop techs can not find ANY evidence of a repaint or repair and there is always some. Steve Maddox, Service Manager for Tacoma Dodge said more than likely it is a defect in worksmanship from the factory, and a BAD one at that. I told him it seems to be getting worse and I wanted it taken care of. It was NOT there when I purchased the truck (I believe I would have seen something like this).

My experience from the get-go with these hiccups has been nothing short of...well...phenomenal. Tacoma Nissan/Ram/Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge has been simply a pleasure to work with. Their service director (Eric) emailed me to congratulate me on my purchase and to ask if there was anything he could do. I responded by politely explaining my 4 issues here, and he said:

"Bring it right in, right away and we will take care of everything. Ask for me when you come in, and if we do not have another Ram for you to drive, I will let you take my New Longhorn."

Turns out they did not have another Ram, and he did offer me his Longhorn...but not wanting to catch longhorn fever (remember what happened when I caught Hemi fever? ) I declined and thanked him for his offer, and he asked me if I cared what I was driving. I said anything but a Nissan Puke (Juke). He had a tech bring around a '13 Altima and asked if I was cool with it. I absolutely was. While it is not a Ram, it gets 40mpg so far on the highway. I am ok with that.

When I bring the loaner back, I do not have to fill it, wash it or anything, Eric said just bring it back as is and they will take care of it. In addition to this, they are throwing in a trans filter change free of charge, since they have to take the transmission apart anyway.

I got home to an email in my inbox reading:

Quote:
Mr. Morrison,

Thank you so much for bringing the issues with your new Ram to our attention. We want you to know that we strive to sell the best vehicles to the best customers. I am absolutely appalled that there was a vehicle on our lot that was sold in anything less than perfect condition and especially at that price.

I just wanted to tell you that I am profoundly sorry for this inconvenience and would like to extend you one of the following coupons as a courtesy:

-$1,000 off any vehicle purchase up to $20,000;
-$2,500 off any vehicle purchase from $20,000-$30,000;
-$5,000 off any vehicle purchase of $30,000 or more;

Valid at any Chrysler Corporate Dealership or Franchise Dealership in the United States. This offer is also valid in addition to any and all other incentives/rebates you may receive. It doesn't have to be this dealer, this is a nationwide Chrysler Corporate Coupon that never expires. They should be arriving to you by mail. Simply present it at your next vehicle purchase. If this does not suit you, please respond to this email letting me know how we can make you happy.

As for your issues, I have personally checked on them. The parts are on order and you may keep the loaner car for as long as we have your Ram. If this loaner car at any time does not fit your needs, let us know and we will find you one that does, and all of your repairs will be done free of charge. If this problem is not fixed to your satisfaction after 3 attempts by us to rectify the situation, my dealership will buy it back for the full purchase price plus taxes and finance charges, and refund your down payment or apply it to a different vehicle on our lot should you so desire.

Remember, if there is anything at all that I or my staff can do to make your experience with us more pleasant, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Phil Bivens-Owner
Tacoma Nissan/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram

Now that's SERVICE.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 09-22-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 09-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Misses the Champ.

Vehicle: 2012 1500 reg. cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond reputePaulMys has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that is great man. ALL dealers should give service like this. My dealer has the same policies (thank god). It it SO nice not to have to worry if you have a problem!
Old 09-22-2012, 08:05 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

Holy crap Batman!

With service like that, I'd be tempted to go cross country to buy my next vehicle.

glad that they're taking care of you, and hope the truck is back home again soon

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 09-22-2012, 08:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

So 5,000 off any purchase over 30k?? Wonder if I could squeeze that out of my dealer if they get the perfect 2013 Laramie I might... oh no..

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:45 PM
US Army Retired

ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

I think it has to be a new vehicle...I got the coupon's this morning. It is a Manufacturer's Rebate Corporate Customer Coupon (mouthful).

Its only valid for me...Wish I could pass it off to someone here. As much as I love my truck, I am going to have it for a VERY long time. With any luck...itll be 2025 before I am even remotely interested in something new.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring w/Tech Pack-6000K HID's, 20% tint, 35mpg, so I will leave it alone.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted, tunes and commuting. 163k miles and counting...

Old 09-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie crew cab
Color: Grey
Rep:41
uktitus is on a distinguished road

It is so good to know that there are great dealers out there which will work for their clients.I don't understand those dealers which fight their clients on any issue, it just does not make long term business sense to me.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:05 PM
US Army Retired

Wow...more news.

Chrysler Regional VP drove 45 miles from Seattle on a sunday morning to look at my truck before the body shop gets hold of it.

He wants the bed, bumpers, hood, fenders, chrome trim, glass and lights removed and the truck stripped and completely repainted. He called me personally said the truck was part of a small batch of 10 trucks whose paint job was bad from the factory. In several places that he saw (I didn't see them, but I can go with it), the base coat had begun lifting from the primer. He asked if it was OK with me if their body shop repaints my truck. (DUH ) 4 weeks to do a color change at a cost for only paint, 1 to re-paint in Brilliant Black Metallic Pearl (factory original). Time difference is due to how much they have to paint to match (under carpet, inside engine bay, etc) if they change color. He wants it done right so all the removal and reinstallation of all components will take place either way. Its getting a complete repaint so they aren't just doing spot repairs and blending all over the truck. I asked if they could smooth out any dings when they do it and he said they will.

I told him to keep it factory and do whatever he feels necessary. Unbelievable customer service.

I should see if they will paint all my interior silver trim black...

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 09-23-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Should drive my 09 over and show him the orange peel. Awesome to hear your getting taken care of. Now your truck will look better than the new 2013s!

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:36 PM
US Army Retired

My dad asked "For the trouble they are going do, how come they don't put you in a new one?"

Let's see. Pay someone $20/hr to repaint the truck... (at best $5,000).

Or give me a new one and take a $50,000 hit. I wont take less than a Laramie or Sport.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 AM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1722
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Now that is some serious customer service. Must be reassuring to know you have a dealer like that behind a warranty