DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-23-2012, 02:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Color: sagebrush
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
delram12 is on a distinguished road
Default tires and tpms

hey, im new here, had a 01 dakota for years until it was totaled few weeks ago.so i went out and got a 2012 ram, and have a few questions. i dont care for the raked look and want to bring the front up alittle, on dakota i just cranked the torsion bar, but not sure if its ok to do it with new truck due to warranty? also, want to put an aggressive tire on it, but am afraid it may throw off that tire pressure monitoring system? any info would be great...

Last edited by delram12; 11-23-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 11-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Z for Rams

I will let someone else handle the suspension question

The TPMS measure the air pressure against the inner walls of the tire
In other words 30 pounds of pressure is the same in a wheel barrow tire, as it is in a semi truck tire
only the volume of air that it takes to reach the required pressure is different
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-23-2012, 04:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 ram
Color: sagebrush
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
delram12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Welcome to the Z for Rams

I will let someone else handle the suspension question

The TPMS measure the air pressure against the inner walls of the tire
In other words 30 pounds of pressure is the same in a wheel barrow tire, as it is in a semi truck tire
only the volume of air that it takes to reach the required pressure is different
thanks for the response, yes im pretty sure how the system works, but was alittle confused when i went down to the tire center and the salesman there said im stuck with the stock tires pretty much..i really liked the bfg a/t's, but he said no way i can run them. he said "it would completely send the tpms in a fit"...im having a hard time believing that though...if thats the case, can i get around it? love the truck, but dont know why dodge put such a street looking tire on a 4x4.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2008 dodge ram trx4
Trim Level: trx4
Color: patriot blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
blueramtrx is on a distinguished road

shouldnt have a problem running ANY tire, like delram said, just measures air pressure. i was running pro comp 33s and no problems on an 08. as for suspension, i think you have coil overs not torsion bars.