DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-18-2013, 03:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram1500
Trim Level: SLT (ThunderRoad)
Color: Gold
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:59
firerescuedodge23 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Looks good man!
But Fabtech makes great kits.
It's very odd to see negative feedback from RCX. What happened?
I love my kit....so just wondering

Either way, truck looks damn good lifted
Thanks man I love the way she's sitting now and I'm loving the rims and the system thumps. Here's my issue and what happened with RCX. As some of you may or may not know they dont make a lift kit for over an 05 ram 1500 2wd. But as I'm sure you all know a 2002-2008 ram is all considered a 3rd gen ram. So I called them and I asked "hey I have an 07 and I'm wondering whats the difference here and is there any reason why that 02-05 kit shouldnt fit my 07?"...and after the guy on the phone looked online and checked around he said he couldnt tell any difference, still I wasnt convinced....so I called again a week later just to double check, got the same answer they just said I might need some break line extentions, so I said alright lets order it up, ordered it, made the appointment with the shop brought it in at 9 am with the kit in the back of my truck and dropped it off, at 4 pm the shop called and said that there is no way in hell this lift even would come close to working on my truck and they called RCX and they agreed theres no way, so I had to buy a new kit on the spot because at this point the front of my truck was on the ground and tying up their lift....so I called and spoke to the manager at RCX to get my return code and told him my disappointment and issue and he pretty much told me "prove it that we lied to you"...either way a horrible experience with the product and the service.
AFE Stage 1 intake, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Fabtech 6 inch lift, 3 inch PA body lift, 35x12.5x20 Federal Couragia M/t, Full audio system, LSD, HIDs, Superchips Cortex, 20x10 XD Strike -24 offset
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2013, 06:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Patriot Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1900
gonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant futuregonefishin776 has a brilliant future

ya 06+ 3rd gens are set up differently in the front suspension. 05 and before 3rd gens have torsion bars...if i recall correctly. This is one reason the earlier third gens can fit wider tires than us later 3rd gens, their set up a tad different up front. RCX should have known that and not have sold you the kit. I'm glad u got everything straightened out, as i said before, looks great!
JVC Arsenal KD, Bilstein 5100 adjustables [maxed], aFe Stage 2 Air Intake, Superchips 3865, Husky Floor Mats, Saddleman Camo Seat Covers, Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler SI/DO, 20 % Tint. 35x12.5x17 Federal Couragia M/T, 17x8.5 VTEC Warlord wheels, -12mm offest.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:11 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerescuedodge23 View Post
Thanks man I love the way she's sitting now and I'm loving the rims and the system thumps. Here's my issue and what happened with RCX. As some of you may or may not know they dont make a lift kit for over an 05 ram 1500 2wd. But as I'm sure you all know a 2002-2008 ram is all considered a 3rd gen ram. So I called them and I asked "hey I have an 07 and I'm wondering whats the difference here and is there any reason why that 02-05 kit shouldnt fit my 07?"...and after the guy on the phone looked online and checked around he said he couldnt tell any difference, still I wasnt convinced....so I called again a week later just to double check, got the same answer they just said I might need some break line extentions, so I said alright lets order it up, ordered it, made the appointment with the shop brought it in at 9 am with the kit in the back of my truck and dropped it off, at 4 pm the shop called and said that there is no way in hell this lift even would come close to working on my truck and they called RCX and they agreed theres no way, so I had to buy a new kit on the spot because at this point the front of my truck was on the ground and tying up their lift....so I called and spoke to the manager at RCX to get my return code and told him my disappointment and issue and he pretty much told me "prove it that we lied to you"...either way a horrible experience with the product and the service.
Pls tell me you got your money back though.....
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:24 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yup, what he said, please
Old 01-18-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
What I was word for word told by the manager of RCX...."we'll let you send the kit back, but the shipping is on you're own dime." So we shipped it back today...229$ worth btw and once we have the refund we are going to dispute the charge with visa and inform them we are doing so and if they do not want that to occur then they can refund us the cost of shipping on our side...it cost them 85 to ship it in 5 boxs 230 for me to ship it in 2....
AFE Stage 1 intake, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Fabtech 6 inch lift, 3 inch PA body lift, 35x12.5x20 Federal Couragia M/t, Full audio system, LSD, HIDs, Superchips Cortex, 20x10 XD Strike -24 offset
Old 01-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerescuedodge23 View Post
What I was word for word told by the manager of RCX...."we'll let you send the kit back, but the shipping is on you're own dime." So we shipped it back today...229$ worth btw and once we have the refund we are going to dispute the charge with visa and inform them we are doing so and if they do not want that to occur then they can refund us the cost of shipping on our side...it cost them 85 to ship it in 5 boxs 230 for me to ship it in 2....
this is crazy.
Call Mitch!
He is the rep for our rams and get him to fight this for you
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
this is crazy.
Call Mitch!
He is the rep for our rams and get him to fight this for you
I returned em all today and I'm just going to dispute the claim on the card and see what they are willing to do after I had filed it. If it comes down to it i'll get as many people involved as I need because not only was the manager that I spoke to unprofessional and rude he pretty much challenged me to prove that they messed up so...it is what it is, I'm much happier with the fabtech lift I got and nothing against the quality of a RCX kit but the service and isuses I had with them as a company will keep me from ever going back
Old 01-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Hemi Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
slowram is on a distinguished road

great build thread!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowram View Post
great build thread!
Thanks still waiting on my HID kits to get in though
Old 01-19-2013, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: white
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:199
Ryank has a spectacular aura aboutRyank has a spectacular aura about

Looks awesome! what box did you use for the subs?