DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: base
Color: Atlantic blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
sawicki4x4 is on a distinguished road
Default Ma Inspection Sucks

Well today i had my second inspection done on my truck since iv owned it. First one went fine and dandy with now muffler and straight pipe. then today went for it seeing how its a months expired. The guy pulls it in. Starts revving the shit out of the truck I wanna say to at least 2500 rpm. Sounded pretty good if i might add with the new flow master super 10 dual. Then he goes to test my parking brake. again must have had the thing at well over 2k. so I'm not happy at this point he does what ever else he does then comes into me and hands me a paper with everything i failed for. Wipers & cleaners. (The fluid was out) Exhaust check. (Exhaust to loud) tires (rear tires are burnt)Suspension check(Right outer tie rod loose) Parking brake-funny seeing how it held just fine before your revved the shit out of it. I have never been so pissed in my life. so i say to the guy what db is the trucks exhaust at right now. his answer it doesn't matter. So i say if it doesn't matter how is it to loud because in my opinion its just perfect. he says it goes by our judgement so i say to him any v8 is going to be loud in side a closed garage when your revving the thing to 2500 rpm. and i go did you happen to see the low washer fluid light on the dash. since when is it a requirement that i have washer fluid in my car. he goes its not low its broken. so i saw what ever and i go oh yeah heres the repair bill for all of my tie rods done last month. he goes well its a bit loose.... what in gods names is a bit loose. well just figured id post my rant and vent out some steam. I feel these mass inspection stations are on a rant.. i mean seriously i passed inspection with my 89 jeep wrangler with 9" of lift on 35s with no sway bars no doors no mirrors and no top. and last year i passed with a straight pipe at the same shop.. this guy was just a jack ass. any ideas on where to go for the "loud exhaust"
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2012, 03:25 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Quote:
any ideas on where to go for the "loud exhaust"
Florida...

So glad we don't have to fight inspections every year anymore like we did in PA...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: base
Color: Atlantic blue
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:10
sawicki4x4 is on a distinguished road

its a pain in the you know what. The thing that bothers me is i see hondas driving around with those lawn mower exhaust on them with inspection stickers but a truck that has a nice sound to it get flagged. I mean seriously i drove around for 6 months with a straights pipe and not one cop has said a word about it. I need to figure something out other then cutting my muffler out because i love the sound. I'm thinking maybe adding a dual in dual out muffler after my super 10 then just putting the pipes back in after the inspection
Old 11-28-2012, 04:17 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

In Illinois we have to pass emission testing every two years. No silly ass inspections
Old 11-28-2012, 04:19 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

In PA we would make the muffler bolt in and swap it with oem for inspections...

Old 11-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

in California we only have Smog inspections every 2 years, after the initial 5 year smog waiver
i will have to reinstall the OEM smog hose, that i took off to install my Catch Can, unless the smog rules have changed before then
i can leave the catch can on, just have to put the original hose back on to pass the VISUAL part of the check
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 11-28-2012, 04:37 PM

^that's crazy, considering it's still a closed system. Can't imagine failing for that. Although i know Cali is coo coo...

Old 11-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2615
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I use a smog station that actually explains things to you

In California you can not MODIFY the Smog System in any way, even if it is for the better,
it would easily pass the Physical inspection, but would not pass the Visual inspection

i guess it would be like adding CUT OUTS to the exhaust, it would Not pass the Visual inspection, even if when they closed, they had a good seal
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle