DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:63
S.C. Express will become famous soon enough

My first thought was master cyl/ booster or air in the lines.. Of course the calipers are not going to function with little to no pressure from a bad M.C. or booster. Calipers either work properly, or they work but leak fluid, OR they clamp down on rotor and do not disengage. Those are the only issues that I have seen for caliper failures.
You need to light a fire under their butt. Sounds like they are giving you excuses to save them money.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge sport 1500 hemi
Trim Level: sport
Color: green
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:657
huntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to beholdhuntergreen is a splendid one to behold

ram certified techs should be able to fix this, find another dealer.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: Tradesman
Color: Bright Silver
Rep:11
kmease is on a distinguished road

That even gave me a bad taste in my mouth.

Good luck!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:12 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1475
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

Wow, allow me to echo the others here.. sorry for all your headaches over this. It seems you have at least taken the steps that you can.. having taken it to the dealer (and driving the distance to one you deem worthy of working on your baby).

Much of luck to you and keep us posted!
(P.S. At least they put you in a Caliber.. I got stuck in a Chevy Cruze! )
Old 08-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 1500 CC 5 7 bed 4WD
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
superdlb is on a distinguished road

Call Chrysler headquarters and give them h@ll.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:06 PM

Vehicle: A Truck
Rep:2559
Hermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond reputeHermes1 has a reputation beyond repute

Understand the frustration and anger, that really sucks. Hoping for a positive resolution for you.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: 2005 QC 4X4 HEMI RAM
Trim Level: Thunder Road
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:427
hydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nice

I bought a Tacoma once, when I got it home, I thought the motor was kinda loud. Kept taking it back to dealer as it got louder and louder. Before the 36,000 mile warrantee ran out I dropped it off and demanded they pull the motor apart. They had a $hit fit, said it would cost me a fortune. Yup, bad motor, Toyota never put timing chain tensioners in the motor, oops. Friggin dealers.
Inertia Spartan Plus cam, Circle D 3,000 rpm stall converter,Sonnax line pressure booster, MagHytec 68RE pan,and differential cover, Vararam, JBA's with cut outs, Rancho 9000's,3:92's, extra rear leaf.Line-X Bedliner,GY Armortracs, 215,000 miles To Hell and back. 14.2/96 mph NEDW
Old 08-07-2013, 03:15 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1637
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

WOW...I hope things worked out for you...Hoping to hear how it went....Any updates???

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 08-07-2013, 03:55 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf L. View Post
...mainly because my driveway has been graced with rentals and courtesy cars almost as much as what I thought would be my last purchase for a long while. Less than than 4,000 kms on the odometer and the brakes don't work. They haven't for a while. The pedal just keeps going, and is slower than molasses coming back up. I can't get the ABS to kick in. The worst part is that it's a 6 hour round trip to get to a dealer that's worth going to. The dealer has been great (Can't blame them; they didn't assemble this thing). As part of the warranty troubleshooting process (which BTW is agonizingly slow) they found a problem with one of the calipers and replaced it. Well that wasn't the problem (So there were actually TWO problems with the braking system). Now, here I sit with a $9,000 caliber in my driveway instead of my brand new 60k truck. This thing is getting more sour and more yellow with every passing week.
If the pedal goes to the floor then you have air in the line possibly from a leak. If so you should be able to see fluid around the suspected caliper. And like Woodie12 says, it could be the brake booster too. All said, some pistons are made plastics and warp under high heat causing them to bind in the cylinders. I repalce mine with stainless pistons when I do my first break jobs to avoid this in the future. Unless it is software related, I can't see how a tech can miss something as easy as trouble shooting brakes. Sounds to me the guy who fixed it the first time didn't fix s....hit! If it's doing it again it most likely wasn't the caliper in the first place. I bet a good ole fashion brake shop would instantly find the problem that the dealer is having trouble doing. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:54 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Hemi Regular Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:277
GrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the roughGrayhemiST is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbram81 View Post
My wife had a 07 Lincoln MKX. DID THE EXACT SAME THING YOUR TRUCK IS. Dealer studied it for weeks, every piece of the brake system came back as ok. Traded it in right there on the spot. Nobody throughout Ford Motor Company could figure it out.
It's a shame........mechanics are taught through the OBD warning lights today....it is a lost art of "troubleshooting" a problem. If it doesn't have a light, mechanics for the most part are lost. I have posted in the past of my '05 ram, and it's starting issues....went through 6 mechanics(3 dodge), with no answer....I kept hearing " if there is no check engine light, we don't know where to start"........sold it for my '12 after over a year of this...brakes are a serious issue....if they cant figure it out, a replacement is a no brainer....then again.....???