DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Electrical

Notices

Electrical 4th Gen Dodge Ram Electrical Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:122
Socalgordon will become famous soon enoughSocalgordon will become famous soon enough
Post Replaced RES radio to Mygig 430, version difference?

I purchased a 430 mygig on ebay that claimed it was from a 2011 Ram 1500.

It works as expected but the splash screen comes up at Chrysler. I updated the firmware from 8.03.02 to 10.00.11. Noticed the splash screen changed from the large uconnect logo and small chrysler logo to a big new chrysler logo and a small uconnect logo. Functionality is the same, a bit speedier.

The radio now has a VID tab, nothing happens when pressed.

This is the same functions as my first RBK radio in my charger, but when the radio in the charger was not working right, it was replaced with a new RBK but that unit now had pause/rewind satellite, sports update, favorite artist notifications etc... I know that Mitsubishi made one version (or series of the mygigs) and Harmon-Becker made another.

Does anyone know on what year or date code things changed?

My mygig info. model P05064678AH A
supplier: 42774
date code 1640

I found myself on the mygig forum (http://mofv.com/mygig/BBS/index.php)

and I tried all the suggestions to get the Dodge logo to appear. any ideas?

Ok, I just spoke with Mike and Steve over Radios and More dot com and Steve (the chrysler tech) told me that in 2011-12 the radios were made by another supplier and that the tagging of songs/artist and satellite pause/rewind is a function in 2011-12 radios.

Last edited by Socalgordon; 10-01-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully XSDBS sees this post, he seems to have more information than most members

do you have the
430N RHB or the 430 RBZ

a site that seems to have a lot of info is below, they are a sales site, but they cover each of the radios in detail

http://www.oemautopartsco.com/index....NA)%22&sort=3d
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Socalgordon will become famous soon enoughSocalgordon will become famous soon enough

I have the 430 RBZ
Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

You can see how XSDBS tries to help people
These are questions that he tries to answer on the RBZ
it is a long post, several pages

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=108564
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Hello GTyankee,
How are doing today? Great I hope.
On this question I have a couple of thoughts about it and I have sent a friend an email to verify them.
1) I believe that the radio that Socalgordon has purchased is a 2009 -2010 RBZ radio out of a T&C vehicle.
2) The VID tab that he's getting now may be for rear seat entertainment and probably wasn't an option with the earlier SW version.
3) I'm pretty sure that if you change out a base radio to a touchscreen radio, the TPIM should (doesn't have to be in order for it to work) be flashed to remove the base radio and add the new touchscreen radio to the vehicle build. Once this is done the TPIM send a CAN BUS message on the vehicle type which then lets the radio display the correct logo.
I have also heard that the logo information is stored in the PCM.

I'll get back to this thread when I get the email back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
You can see how XSDBS tries to help people
These are questions that he tries to answer on the RBZ
it is a long post, several pages

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=108564
Old 10-02-2012, 09:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

could it be that the VID button is really VES ??

Last edited by GTyankee; 10-02-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Exclamation

I believe it is from a 2010 vehicle, judging from the date code of 1640
the first 3 of the code, 164, is the days of the year it was built, June 13th, the last number signifies the year, 0 = 2010.

Unless the radio was made and put in an early build of a 2011?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

FYI, I'm still waiting on a reply to verify the programming but I am pretty sure that the dealer has to delete the factory radio and add the new radio to the vehicle build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalgordon View Post
I believe it is from a 2010 vehicle, judging from the date code of 1640
the first 3 of the code, 164, is the days of the year it was built, June 13th, the last number signifies the year, 0 = 2010.

Unless the radio was made and put in an early build of a 2011?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Another interesting piece of oddity, I have imported some pictures, selected them to be default but they do not show up when you look at the main screen. It is selected as the default pic, I even tried selecting the default beach pic and that does not even show up. The damn Chrysler logo shows up. grrrr.

Question, If I get a 730 mygig, do those come with bluetooth and uconnect built in and I would NOT have to get the extra add on devices? I would just need the microphone cable, correct?
Old 10-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

When you have time, take the 2 or 3 screws out on the dash bezel & get it out of the way enough to get at the new radio. Then pull the 4 screws out of the radio mount.
Pull the radio out enough to see the label on top of the radio, if you can, take a picture & post it. It has all the info needed on that label.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...a4pFjZSts&NR=1

================================================== ===========
Useless infomation
the radios RHR & RER 730N, as you know are navigation radios & they use the NAVTEQ mapping
the RHB 430N, is also a Navigation radio, but with the better Garmin mapping
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If i were in your position, i would be on the telephone, talking to Al & Ed's Autosound, asking about getting this installed, there are at least 3 locations near you. Corona, Riverside, & Ontario

http://www.al-eds.com/Parrot-P1020005AE-p24761.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_333CK31...k.html?tp=8395

It is a hands free bluetooth car kit, it comes with wiring kit, the brain (module), a microphone, & a very small dash unit. It uses your own Ram speakers, just like the Uconnect module does. The microphone can be placed anywhere that you want it, on my last vehicle it was on the overhead console, between my head & the mirror, worked perfectly.
I believe that you would only need a $40 or less RBZ radio antenna