DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: express
Color: cherry red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
redramsrule is on a distinguished road

I buy dodge or chevy. good trucks.i find they are about the same in quality.
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Sport Crewcab
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:248
LeftCoast has a spectacular aura aboutLeftCoast has a spectacular aura aboutLeftCoast has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
bust the cheby guys nuts, with this

http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Covers...ut/KD211H.html

Remove to Tow Chevs 2" Trailer Hitch Receiver Cover
Haha thats funny!
Old 12-02-2012, 10:23 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: Silver
Rep:123
UNBROKEN will become famous soon enoughUNBROKEN will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by redramsrule View Post
I buy dodge or chevy. good trucks.i find they are about the same in quality.
Agreed.
I had a 2006 Ram/Cummins, a 2004 F250/Cummins swap and numerous other Ford trucks. I now own a 2010 Chevy 2500/DMax, a 2011 Ford F150 and the 2012 Ram R/T.

I can assure y'all they all have their issues, and they all have their strengths.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:14 AM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

I have heard, and experienced, my fair share of the type of people the OP is talking about. However, all of my experiences were wide spread.. all manufacturer's have their die hard cult followings.. Ford, Chevy/GM, Toyota.. the only major manufacturer that I haven't heard this type of talk from is Dodge/RAM owners. The majority of the discussions I've overheard have been testosterone competitions between Chevy and Ford owners.

For the record, I have owned, in sequence, an '84 Chevy S-10 Blazer, an '88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cierra, a '99 Chevy Tahoe, and now my '12 RAM. Each vehicle performed well within expectations... I donated the Blazer when I graduated from HS and received the Cierra as a gift... I lost my Cierra when my ex decided to sell it out from under my nose... and the Tahoe I traded in on my new RAM. None of these vehicles had major problems (other than what is expected with high mileage) when I left them behind and moved on.

Personally, I believe the vehicle should meet the needs. When we decided my Tahoe would cost more to fix than what we would get out of it on trade-in, I began looking around for what fits our needs. We recently purchased a home with 5 acres and need a rig to load and haul around the property. We don't have any young children, we live alone, so four doors wasn't a necessity.. more of a desire. Bottom line is we bought a rig that had everything that I want and need. (My RAM was also my first brand new purchase ever.) I put no restrictions on the make or model when we started researching.

Basically, the vehicle should fit the needs, regardless of make or model or brand but personal preference certainly will play a role (up until this purchase, I was raised a Chevy girl, for the most part - mainly because my Dad could fix any Chevy.... now my husband can fix any Dodge, thus my choosing the RAM, in addition to other factors).

Like someone else said earlier.. you can't fix stupid. There will always be those out there who engage in these childish comparison competitions.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:26 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST 4X2 1500 QUAD CAB
Color: Silver
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:57
davem2421 will become famous soon enough

I have a friend who is the same exact way but he's a die hard FORD owner and in his eyes every other truck on the road is a P.O.S.

my response to him was:

Give me the $$$$$ for what you think I need and I'll be more than happy to buy it and drive it. until then I'm happy with what I have and it meets MY needs.

that shut him up for awhile but ever now and again he'll make jabs here and there. he's a great friend and really reliable so i've learned to ignore it.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:37 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deep Water Pearl
Rep:71
latitud will become famous soon enough

Quote:
How can you put people on the road without a spare tire and a way to put it on
Just for the record..SRT8's dont's have spare tires, they have a pump.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:06 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

I only carry my spare in the winter, during the summer, I take it off, and with 5 years road side assistance, I should almost not need it in the winter, but rather have it as extra weight in the rear.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:53 PM

Vehicle: 2012 ram 1500 4x4 express rcsb
Color: true blue pearl
Rep:101
browndawg will become famous soon enoughbrowndawg will become famous soon enough

G.gay M.mans C.chariot thats what my buddy always called my gmc hes a dodge man anyways its just all fun and games cant let that shit bother you i have no particular loyalty to any brand but when i seen my 2012 express 2 dr hemi sitting on the lot i had to have it and let me tell you people can talk all they want but let a ford or chevy owner drive your truck and there azz is lying if they say its not fun as hell another guy i know just paid 34000 for his silverado no leather and drum brakes in the rear went i looked at the 3 brands the value just was not there for the ford or chevy both decent trucks yes but for the money i think u get more with the ram plus 5.7 hemi 390 hp!!!!! fugeddaboutit
Old 12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:11
12RCRam is on a distinguished road

Please don't judge all by the remarks of a few! I traded in a GMC for my Ram and my wife drives a GMC truck. Both trucks are good quality (both are 2012's). I'm not brand blind but this time around the Ram was the truck for me and I'm as happy with it as my wife's is with her GMC!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:26 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Rep:26
Woodie12 is on a distinguished road

My best friend is a die hard chevy guy and I've always have been a Dodge kind of guy. My first truck was a 1997 chevy S10 extended cab wound up wrecking it and totaled it (flipped end over end 3 times) he ragged me about that and has gave me hell sayin' "you can't handle the power of a chevy 4 cylinder so you down graded to a dog." My response to him was it wasn't that I couldn't handle it it could not handle a Mopar owner's driving habbits. Now that we're both older and bought newer trucks every time I go back home I try to get him to race our trucks, He's got a 2007 Sliverado 5.3 4x4 and every time it's either I don't have the gas money to or how about we take em off road (I have a 4x2). The second day I had my new truck I took him for a ride in it and it blew his mind how fast it got up in speed and how well it laid the rubber down.