DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior and Exterior Lighting HID - HALO - LED LIGHTING - UNDERBODY LIGHTING - TINTED/SMOKED/PAINTED TAILS - ETC.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerdamon View Post
Got the White in and looks good but the chrome has some scratches on it and I have figured out how to get them off so they are going to be painted red!

[/IMG]
This looks sweet! I wanna see this lot up when done
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 RAM 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: brilliant black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:60
57hemisport will become famous soon enough

I just installed mine. I ordered them in white. To be honest I thought they were going to be of higher quality. My first complaint was they had small scratches on the chrome bezels. They had finger prints like crazy that were hard to take off! they compare nothing to the quality of the oem. When the overlay is set on the digital board it doesn't sit correctly. The bezel of the evic doesn't sit on the chrome rings correctly causing it to crack on the two upper corners. The instructions call to remove the needles with just your fingers but I couldn't do it. I used a small flat screw driver, put a microfiber on top of the chrome bezel and used them for leverage. I do prefer the sportier look and the design but they lack in quality.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:46 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerdamon View Post
Got the White in and looks good but the chrome has some scratches on it and I have figured out how to get them off so they are going to be painted red!

[/IMG]
Definitely post the pics up here or share the link to you page so I/we can check them out! Doing the Trim ring in red sounds like an awesome idea. Glad you figured out how to pop apart the plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparornocar72 View Post
Reps coming to you when I can Indeepwater, this is pretty sweet, maybe when I get done with school and can keep modding on my truck again! Sweet gauges!
Thanks bud it's definitely one of my favorite mods, hopefully they work on their quality control a bit from what I've read it's sadly lackin on the guys ordering he white gauge faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57hemisport View Post
I just installed mine. I ordered them in white. To be honest I thought they were going to be of higher quality. My first complaint was they had small scratches on the chrome bezels. They had finger prints like crazy that were hard to take off! they compare nothing to the quality of the oem. When the overlay is set on the digital board it doesn't sit correctly. The bezel of the evic doesn't sit on the chrome rings correctly causing it to crack on the two upper corners. The instructions call to remove the needles with just your fingers but I couldn't do it. I used a small flat screw driver, put a microfiber on top of the chrome bezel and used them for leverage. I do prefer the sportier look and the design but they lack in quality.
You can remove the needles by hand, you have to twist to the left and then start to pull straight up while still twisting left and eventually you'll break the mechanical bond. It's a slight PITA but if you're not careful you'll screw up the little motor in them. You can send the whole unit to US Speedo and they'll fix it which is nice but then your missing a gauge cluster for a couple days. I'm sorry your EVIC trim ring didn't fit properly, I highly encourage giving them some constructive feedback so they can get it fixed You're also the second person to complain about the small scratches on the trim ring, I would suggest telling them about this as well as that seems to be a quality control issue. I'm surprised to hear this as they are a manufacturer of gauges, but if you send them pics I bet you could get a replacement sent to you.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:08 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST express
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:14
thunder98110 is on a distinguished road

does anyone know how it looks with the non evic gauge cluster? I dont think the non evic is as bright as the evic one (the light ring around the tach/spedo). i just dont want it to be dim.

2012 RCSB, Hemi,3.92,2wd,Fastman TB,180tstat,K&N CAI,AeroTurbine 3030xl + Magnaflow Y,v6efan, LEER 100xl
Old 12-31-2012, 05:37 PM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder98110 View Post
does anyone know how it looks with the non evic gauge cluster? I dont think the non evic is as bright as the evic one (the light ring around the tach/spedo). i just dont want it to be dim.
I don't think anyone has installed it with not non EVIC yet bud
Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: ST express
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:14
thunder98110 is on a distinguished road

Is it possible to replace the gauge cluster bulbs?

2012 RCSB, Hemi,3.92,2wd,Fastman TB,180tstat,K&N CAI,AeroTurbine 3030xl + Magnaflow Y,v6efan, LEER 100xl
Old 01-01-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder98110 View Post
Is it possible to replace the gauge cluster bulbs?
From what I remember in a previous post by SS4Luck in the interior light section it would be giant PITA to try and do it
Old 01-21-2013, 02:10 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB
Trim Level: Express
Color: Bright white
Rep:435
Outlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really niceOutlaw is just really nice

Did I start a trend? LOL!!!

Here's mine btw.

Last edited by Outlaw; 01-21-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Daytona
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:121
D.Rowe will become famous soon enoughD.Rowe will become famous soon enough

Considering the Blue Speedo Gauges on my 05' Daytona...looks sick. I'm also wondering if the blue would look even better if I swapped out the cluster bulbs? Maybe white?
Old 01-22-2013, 11:33 AM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

I do like the look of the colored gauges. Might have to think about it