DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2013 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2013 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2013 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram
Rep:43
bigolyt is on a distinguished road
Default ParkView rear back-up camera for 2013 RAM

Does anyone happen to have the part # for this on the 2013's?

My dealer is telling me they cant add the tailgate mounted camera and that it has to come from Chrysler like that? They even went as far and said it doesnt work on the head unit I have (8.4a R3) which is funny because I've seen em on other stickers installed after the fact.

If someone can get me a part number that would be awesome so I can show them
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2012, 01:49 AM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2642
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the dealerships don't know what the new radios are capable of
all the new radios have been available in the cars & Jeeps for a couple years
the Rams are just now getting them

In the past, if the radio had a touch screen, you could connect a Parkview camera to it

read available features
Uconnect® 8.4A/RA3
http://www.driveuconnect.com/system/...1500/8-4a-ra3/
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 12-04-2012, 02:04 AM

Ive seen the 8.4a RA3 features list from uConnect but I would want to give the dealer a part number, rather than say, yeah it says its an available feature, because they'll shrug and say they cant figure out how to get it added.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:57 AM

Vehicle: 2013 RAM 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Western Brown
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
WhiskeyRodeo is on a distinguished road

I think that it is currently only available from the factory due to the way it connects to the system. Due to the new communication architecture, an "aftermarket" solution has not been released yet. In order for it to function properly there is alternate software and wiring required, and though in theory it could be implemented, Chrysler has not allowed dealers acces to the required equipment and software.

I dont think it's the dealers fault I believe Chrysler is not allowing them access.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:44 PM

Spent all day Friday at the dealer while they had someone try to install an aftermarket license plate frame cam... none the less.. they couldnt get it to work because they dont have adapters for it, so I have this license plate cam thats not hooked up or working. Awesome.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram
Trim Level: 4X4 CC Sport
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:39
boomer135 is on a distinguished road

I was told the same thing about the camera, It's a different tailgate that comes prepped with the mount and wiring. The tech said if I want it aftermarket, they would have to replace the rearview mirror, or add an additional screen for the camera...

BTW they also didn't know they could upload nav to the current head unit.
MODS: PE Full Metal Jackrabbit, BT Catch can, Magnaflow 18", Vararam, Bullydog Hemi Tuner, Zone 1.5 BL, Bilstein 5100's @2.8, TG 1.5 rear coil Spacers, Fuel 20x10 -12OS, Toyo OC MT 315/60R20, Painted BW Pocket Flares http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....88#post1344588
Old 12-26-2012, 03:41 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2642
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

the camera will still mount into the tailgate handle, as it has for a few years, the wiring will still be run the same way as in the past

What they can't yet answer is how it plugs into the touch screen radio, like the RA3

also
· RA1, RA2, RA3 and RA4 radios will be on a parts restriction until 05-06-13.
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle

Last edited by GTyankee; 12-26-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:48 PM

Vehicle: RAM
Rep:33
Copperhead Ram is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
the camera will still mount into the tailgate handle, as it has for a few years, the wiring will still be run the same way as in the past

What they can't yet answer is how it plugs into the touch screen radio, like the RA3

also
· RA1, RA2, RA3 and RA4 radios will be on a parts restriction until 05-06-13.
Is that restriction just for ordering parts, or is it for truck orders too? I've been waiting months for the RA2 because I need bluetooth... funny how you could order bluetooth as an option on the base radio in the 2012 Express but not on the 2013 Express. So just to get bluetooth, I have to wait for the touchscreen to become available next year. The RA2 is already in other Chrysler vehicles, so why is it taking so long to put it in a Ram? Just venting...
Old 12-26-2012, 10:40 PM

Vehicle: 13 1500 Laramie Crew 6'4
Trim Level: Laramie 8Speed 4x4
Color: True Pearl Blue
Rep:71
Cookie Monster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead Ram View Post
Is that restriction just for ordering parts, or is it for truck orders too? I've been waiting months for the RA2 because I need bluetooth... funny how you could order bluetooth as an option on the base radio in the 2012 Express but not on the 2013 Express. So just to get bluetooth, I have to wait for the touchscreen to become available next year. The RA2 is already in other Chrysler vehicles, so why is it taking so long to put it in a Ram? Just venting...

Thats for parts only the RA2 option is available to order now as it becomes available in a production order 01/02/13 which is only a week away.

As for why they put them on parts restriction for later use is to make sure they have plenty of stock to fill production orders. probebly due to a lack of the radio units production from manufacture of the radio unit.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:17 PM

I'm still not confident that my dealer can get this done.

They had 3rd party company install the license plate frame (which doesn't even work yet), and honestly I'm not a big fan of it, I'd rather have the stock park view in the tailgate.

None the less, the dealer doesn't know anything about either optoon. Frustrating....