DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: sport
Color: deep cherry red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:28
HenDom is on a distinguished road
Default 6" RCX or 3.5" Kore Lift

Decisions, decisions. Both have pro's and cons. Anyone else's thoughts? I am leaning towards Kore for the CV joints.
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenDom View Post
Decisions, decisions. Both have pro's and cons. Anyone else's thoughts? I am leaning towards Kore for the CV joints.
What are the pro's and con's you discovered.
Many dont know much much about the Kore kit

As for CV joints....that's probably the bulk of their cost.
To me? You can piece all this at a cheaper buck.
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:81
1500ram12 will become famous soon enough

unless you are going to be doing some serious off roading or desert racing i'd go rcx. kore and carli are big in the diesel world with people with money and run in the sand. if your going for a stance and might take it off road once and a while rcx will fit your need. your cv's will be fine.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Bully's Performance

fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1500ram12 View Post
unless you are going to be doing some serious off roading or desert racing i'd go rcx. kore and carli are big in the diesel world with people with money and run in the sand. if your going for a stance and might take it off road once and a while rcx will fit your need. your cv's will be fine.
To add to this....
You can always swap out to Kore CV's if and when your stock ones fail.
But with the standard 6" lift kit and nothing more, your stock CV's will be either at the same angle or better than stock.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:30 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
To add to this....
You can always swap out to Kore CV's if and when your stock ones fail.
But with the standard 6" lift kit and nothing more, your stock CV's will be either at the same angle or better than stock.
I like this idea you can also have a machine shop custom fab a bigger drop bracket to get even better angles this is a route I am thinking of going paired with a set of core cvs now that's a wicked set up

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Bully's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhinkle1989 View Post
I like this idea you can also have a machine shop custom fab a bigger drop bracket to get even better angles this is a route I am thinking of going paired with a set of core cvs now that's a wicked set up
Only thing here....is id he doesnt use Bilsteins and only uses the 6" RCX kit, his angles of CV's will be straight and equivalent to stock.
That means, no stress on them.

The lift kits today are built with all this in mind

OP!
Its ultimately your call. Do you want a 3.5" lift over a 6" lift?
Do you off road heavily? Im not too sure the 3.5" will give you enough clearance for mudding, etc....I think this kit is made for the sand dunes and paired with the Kore front bumper for added clearance
Is it mainly for the stance?
Do you want to spend $2k vs $1400?
Old 12-04-2012, 04:45 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Only thing here....is id he doesnt use Bilsteins and only uses the 6" RCX kit, his angles of CV's will be straight and equivalent to stock.

OP!
Do you off road heavily? Im not too sure the 3.5" will give you enough clearance for mudding, etc....I think this kit is made for the sand dunes and paired with the Kore front bumper for added clearance
I would go the 6" route but that's just me

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 12-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:347
Ram725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the rough

Kore is an absolutely great product... I can't knock them for that. They are known for a rougher ride compared to other lifts (at least on the diesels when comparing), but they are a great kit. HOWEVER, in my opinion i wouldnt run Kore unless I was planning on some serious offroading..

I recently just ordered my RCX 6" and it is waiting for me at the shop. I also known personally the guy who designed the 6" for our trucks and wrote the instructions. After meeting with him it was obvious RCX was the route to go. As stated above, unless you plan to truly use the Kore kit, I think you would be disappointed. The perfect setup I think is the RCX kit with Kore CVs. The Kore Cvs are probably my next purchase just to be on the safe side.

You are comparing two absolutely great products. I've never ran RCX, but am 110% sold on them for my truck, so i bought the kit. I have never owned Kore either, but I have ridden on and off-road in about 3x different truck that run their kits. So there are truly two great products. They real question is, what are your intentions with the lift? What do you expect? and what do you plan to use it for, heavy off-road, occasional deer lease, or just highway pounder? By knowing what you will be using the kit for will help determine which one is right for you.

Kore:
- Better for heavy heavy off-road use, although remember you drive a 1/2 ton.
- Sturdier design (could be argued)
- Rougher ride (most likely)
- Pricey ($1,300 for a leveling kit --- UNLESS it is going hard off-road.. then useful.

RCX:
- 2.5" Higher
- Fantastic Design
- Roughly the same price as Kore with 2x the components
- Great highway pounder
- Great moderate off-road, deer lease kit
- Fits bigger tires
- With Kore CVs perfect.

These are just my opinions

SOLD: 2012 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4
SOLD: 2012 RAM 1500 8" on 37s + much more Build Thread
Old 12-05-2012, 02:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:347
Ram725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

OP!

Kore is definitely not purposed for mud, can be used for it, but definitely not made for it.

You are correct, sand dunes are what Kore was made for.

SOLD: 2012 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4
SOLD: 2012 RAM 1500 8" on 37s + much more Build Thread
Old 12-05-2012, 09:36 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram725 View Post
Kore is an absolutely great product... I can't knock them for that. They are known for a rougher ride compared to other lifts (at least on the diesels when comparing), but they are a great kit. HOWEVER, in my opinion i wouldnt run Kore unless I was planning on some serious offroading..

I recently just ordered my RCX 6" and it is waiting for me at the shop. I also known personally the guy who designed the 6" for our trucks and wrote the instructions. After meeting with him it was obvious RCX was the route to go. As stated above, unless you plan to truly use the Kore kit, I think you would be disappointed. The perfect setup I think is the RCX kit with Kore CVs. The Kore Cvs are probably my next purchase just to be on the safe side.

You are comparing two absolutely great products. I've never ran RCX, but am 110% sold on them for my truck, so i bought the kit. I have never owned Kore either, but I have ridden on and off-road in about 3x different truck that run their kits. So there are truly two great products. They real question is, what are your intentions with the lift? What do you expect? and what do you plan to use it for, heavy off-road, occasional deer lease, or just highway pounder? By knowing what you will be using the kit for will help determine which one is right for you.

Kore:
- Better for heavy heavy off-road use, although remember you drive a 1/2 ton.
- Sturdier design (could be argued)
- Rougher ride (most likely)
- Pricey ($1,300 for a leveling kit --- UNLESS it is going hard off-road.. then useful.

RCX:
- 2.5" Higher
- Fantastic Design
- Roughly the same price as Kore with 2x the components
- Great highway pounder
- Great moderate off-road, deer lease kit
- Fits bigger tires
- With Kore CVs perfect.

These are just my opinions
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram725 View Post
Kore is definitely not purposed for mud, can be used for it, but definitely not made for it.

You are correct, sand dunes are what Kore was made for.
agreed and agreed