DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 4.7 Liter V8 Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!
Factory Spec: 4.7-liter V8 engine - 310 horsepower, 330 lb-ft of torque.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007
Trim Level: ST
Color: Grey
Rep:10
otturious is on a distinguished road
Default Got a few THOUSAND to spend need suggestions!!

Whats up everyone. I been viewing this site for awhile and just got back to the U.S. Im in the navy and was on deployment for about 8 months. Im a proud owner of a ST 4.7L 07 Quad cab with 75 grand on the tac and its the third dodge truck I have owned. I finally talked my ol lady into the fact I am keeping this truck. So yesterday I picked up some westin oval 4" step bars and a K&N intake off anythingauto. Im gettin a readylift 2.25 leveling kit, rancho shocks, AIPP headlight bulbs and some brand new toyo AT2_285,70,R17's tommorow. I call it my first level. Im looking for some yes and no's from you guys about what I am going to do next and what I am on the fence about so chime in with your opinions.. pretty much every month to two months I am going to have the cast to do this.

Level 2

Electric black magic fan
180 thermostat
anything else I can add for the cooling?

Level 3

Exhaust... sheesh
Catback either magna flow or Gibson. I want to put on a high class hitch but will dual outs conflict with this?

or

Should I go with a new muffler and a magnaflow Y pipe?

Level 4
programmer..
I know offsetting my wheels from factory changes alot as far as timing for shifting and a few other odds and ends.

Diablo sport tuner?
or
Bully Dog?

These are what I have figure from the sum of reading threads for the past month. On another note does anyone one know of any ram truck clubs in the tidewater/hampton roads area of virginia?
Sponsored links
Old 11-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: Full Garage!
Trim Level: ....
Rep:48
AJ@AutoAnything.com is on a distinguished road

First off thank you for your Service to this Country. I personally would lean towards a tuner and a Catback exhaust system. We have a few specials going on now and since you are a forum member I can really help you out on these prices. I have always liked the Diablo products, but BullyDog also comes out with some great tunes. Send me a PM for a quote if interested.
AJ

Click the ^banner^ and save up to 16% on Dodge Ram mods.
We price match, simply call 888-591-8563 or
Click-to-liveChat and we'll beat ANY price by $1.

Need a Tonneau cover? Research guide here.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Level 2

Electric black magic fan
180 thermostat
anything else I can add for the cooling?

Great mods. Make sure you do a good setup with fan controller, etc. Could also go with a larger transmission cooler, and a deeper, finned transmission pan for added transmission cooling.

Level 3

Exhaust... sheesh
Catback either magna flow or Gibson. I want to put on a high class hitch but will dual outs conflict with this?

There's not much benefit of a cat back vs muffler swap, so I'd get a shop to do the muffler swap and put the money elsewhere. Should be no issue doing duals with a hitch.

or

Should I go with a new muffler and a magnaflow Y pipe?

Level 4
programmer..
I know offsetting my wheels from factory changes alot as far as timing for shifting and a few other odds and ends.

Diablo sport tuner?
or
Bully Dog?

I like superchips the best. Especially if you will be towing.[/QUOTE]

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:42 PM

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Sport CC 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:623
bighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to allbighemi04 is a name known to all

75 grand on the tac. Thats a lot of rpm's
Old 11-12-2012, 05:39 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:139
SnoylCC5 will become famous soon enoughSnoylCC5 will become famous soon enough

i agree with what Sean said. As far as the tune for the 4.7 goes, you cant go wrong with Superchips. And for the money its great as well.

Mods: Debadged, plasti-dip all chrome, 2.5" leveling kit, 10000k HID's, Superchips Flashpaq 3865, red interior LED's
Soon to come: 6" suspension lift, 35" or 37" tires, New rims (undecided), 5% tint all around, LED tailgate bar
Old 11-12-2012, 06:16 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Yep, I agree with Sean as well. In fact, he saved me a lot of typing, lol.

You uploaded any pics of this beast yet? Come on, we like pics!
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

lol...

I'm actually considering trying out a diablo predator with hemi fever custom tune, to see how it compares to the superchips. I'm talking to Sean with HF currently. I doubt It'd be worth the money as the SC tune already has a huge performance increase, but since he hasn't done a tune on the newer 4.7L nobody knows...

Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by starquestbd22 View Post
Yep, I agree with Sean as well. In fact, he saved me a lot of typing, lol.

You uploaded any pics of this beast yet? Come on, we like pics!
Well tommorow afternoon Ill post a few after I get the ram out of the shop. Pretty excited about the tires alone. Most of my buds on the ship were telling me to go with BFG's but after seeing the new toyo's I really was shocked at the quality.

snrusnak I never thought of doing anything towards the trans sounds pretty good. Along with the idea of a new muffler. Most people on here are against flowmaster and I am sure for a pretty good reason.
Not to sure on the Chip either. Most threads are pretty consistant with the fact your off settings later damage because your tricking the comp into running lean and still meeting factory settings. I like the style of the new diablo tunner personally. Could of used you sean when I drop 500 on my side steps and a few other parts the past night.

(pardon the 30 pack Im tryin to knock down bighemi04 didnt realize I wrote tac.)
Old 11-12-2012, 11:04 PM

Yeah stay away from "chips". Tuners are good, and safe. Diablo is good, I just prefer superchips(they perform better, the canned tunes that is). PLUS you get trans tuning.

That said, hemifever is sending me a diablo predator and I'm going to do some data logging and he's going to see if we can't do some custom tuning(engine and trans) and do even better than the superchips. I hope it works out well, I've read many great things about his tunes. I'm thinking I'll even do a dyno trip(I think I'll be able to afford it) with maybe stock, superchips 93, diablo 93, and hemifever tunes. Or something like that.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Just updated the pic. I was quoted for $900 install catback flowmasters all stainless dual outs. Sound like a deal?