DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Infrequent but severe hesitation on left turns

568 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  06PowerWagon 
#1 ·
My 2005 1500, 4.7 auto, continues to die when I make a left turn, but the kicker is not constant so hard to detect. By infrequent, I cannot make it do it, but trust that at an unopportune time like pulling out in traffic, revs die and nothing works, meaning pushing into neutral etc. I have been blessed to not get T boned. I have had it checked by two reputatable mechanics with nothing showing up on instruments. I did replace one cataytic convertor, changed fuels, replaced other components, tried what I could. Any help will be very much appreciated. Mileage is high, 251000 as I have a small business that requires constant stop and start. One more thing --- of late there are again infrequent times when after starting out, like Friday leaving a Shell Fuel Pump, revs go up and moves out and then all of sudden loses all power and motor quits, throw shift into neutral and fires up like nothing happened. I had a 2002 Dodge Dakota which went well over 300000 miles so I love Dodges as they keep on moving out -- but this is serious issue and not cool.

#2 ·
try disconnecting your battery first then try pulling off your plugs from your processor (the brain) reminder do ONE at a time ... spray the plugs and processor with CRC contact cleaner and then reconnect them and plug the battery back up and then try that. but becareful because the plugs on the processor usually has plastic on the clips.. be sure to NOT break them...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.