DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4


Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.


Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 01-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Ram725's Avatar
Ram725 Ram725 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Jackson Tn/Houston Tx
Posts: 2,152
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep Power: 4
Rep:347
Ram725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the roughRam725 is a jewel in the rough
Default

From what I've heard Fabtech is a great kit for our trucks. I liked the one I had. But I am surprised the ride isnt what you were thinking. My RCX rides real smooth, just a little worse when at high speeds but still a good ride.
__________________
NEW: F-250 FX4 6.7 SEMA Build In Progress
14" STMW SUSPENSION, 40X15.50 NITTOS, 22X14 AMERICAN FORCE, H&S, S&B, ICON COILOVERS. Build Thread

SOLD: 2012 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4
SOLD: 2012 RAM 1500 8" on 37s + much more Build Thread
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #42  
Old 01-03-2013, 01:43 PM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17,876
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by polvoson View Post
Hmm
Seems I cant quite do a PM yet. Only have 17 posts.
Candy08, if you've had a chance to check can you please let me know?

Thanks

Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy08 View Post
I would think Fabtech would ride better than mine.

I forgot you need coils.......you still want this extra set
Haha, he said he cant reach you because of his low post count.
Hit him up with a PM with your info
__________________
for the best pricing in the business, email me @ sales@bullysperformance.com
2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from DiabloSport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:55 PM
candy08's Avatar
candy08 candy08 is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Blytheville, AR/Chesapeake, VA
Age: 29
Posts: 1,740
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep Power: 4
Rep:213
candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Haha, he said he cant reach you because of his low post count.
Hit him up with a PM with your info
Thanks for clearin that up bud.

I've got 'em OP. I just pm'd you my contact info
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2011 CREWCAB SPORT 4X4 LOADED[/CENTER]
[CENTER][COLOR=red]AWE FAWK TOO MUCH TO LIST! [/COLOR][/CENTER]
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17,876
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy08 View Post
Thanks for clearin that up bud.

I've got 'em OP. I just pm'd you my contact info
Ive been meaning to text you about this but kept forgetting......
__________________
for the best pricing in the business, email me @ sales@bullysperformance.com
2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from DiabloSport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-04-2013, 02:24 AM
polvoson polvoson is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 26
Gender: Male
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 0
Rep:10
polvoson is on a distinguished road
Default

Well its been ever so exciting a day!

So when I went to the vendor to have my too short springs replaced, they said that they found a few bolts in the kit that were a bit loose. Asked me if I wanted them to go over it and tourque everything again. I said sure sounds great!. An hour later I left with a 'completely gone over" their words truck.

Well since then I've done about 1500KM. Truck never felt right. I had my alignment redone in seattle. Felt better but still not the way I expected. I did a Christmas trip with my family to the interior of BC. 1000KM round trip on the hiway in the snow...truck felt not right at all with weight in the rear.

Today I am driving to work on the hiway and I start feeling a little wiggle in the rear end when I accelerate or decelarate. It gets worse over a few kilometers.
I stop go under the truck, check lug nuts, pull and push at things then look at the rear control arms. ALL OF THE BOLTS ARE COMPLETELY LOOSE! One is gone, one hanging on by a thread, literally one thread. Axle is floating around freely...
It seems the idjot at the vendor didn't exactly do what he said he did...
I tightened the best I could on the side of the road and limped it home. Re did all the bolts and nuts with lock tight and replaced the missing bolt. Took it for a drive.
It feels great! I don't think those bolts were ever tight since I picked it up.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-04-2013, 10:38 AM
fastNugly @ BP's Avatar
fastNugly @ BP fastNugly @ BP is offline
Bully's Performance

 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 17,876
Gender: Male
Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep Power: 14
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by polvoson View Post
Well its been ever so exciting a day!

So when I went to the vendor to have my too short springs replaced, they said that they found a few bolts in the kit that were a bit loose. Asked me if I wanted them to go over it and tourque everything again. I said sure sounds great!. An hour later I left with a 'completely gone over" their words truck.

Well since then I've done about 1500KM. Truck never felt right. I had my alignment redone in seattle. Felt better but still not the way I expected. I did a Christmas trip with my family to the interior of BC. 1000KM round trip on the hiway in the snow...truck felt not right at all with weight in the rear.

Today I am driving to work on the hiway and I start feeling a little wiggle in the rear end when I accelerate or decelarate. It gets worse over a few kilometers.
I stop go under the truck, check lug nuts, pull and push at things then look at the rear control arms. ALL OF THE BOLTS ARE COMPLETELY LOOSE! One is gone, one hanging on by a thread, literally one thread. Axle is floating around freely...
It seems the idjot at the vendor didn't exactly do what he said he did...
I tightened the best I could on the side of the road and limped it home. Re did all the bolts and nuts with lock tight and replaced the missing bolt. Took it for a drive.
It feels great! I don't think those bolts were ever tight since I picked it up.
Damn man!
Did you take pictures of this?
If so and regardless if not, I would go back to that place and give em hell!
That would tick me off and I do not get ticked off that easily.

I know whats done is done now, but they should not have said it was completely looked over and re tightened and a few days later have it loose

Man, I hope all this works out for you in the end
__________________
for the best pricing in the business, email me @ sales@bullysperformance.com
2014 Ram Hemi Tuning now available from DiabloSport get yours today!
OB-Trinity T-1000's only $489!
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Advertisement






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.


= Copyright RamForumZ.com a Gigathreads.com Network Site =Ad Management by RedTyger
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors


=Gigathreads Network=
CLUBS MOPAR NATION DSM GPMM MAMM JAM
DIESEL Diesel Forum      
CHEVY Chevy Camaro Forum Chevy Volt Forum    
CHRYSLER Chrysler 300C Forum      
DODGE Dodge Avenger Forum Dodge Caliber Forum Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Charger Forum
  Dodge Circuit Forum Dodge Hornet Forum Dodge Magnum Forum Dodge Nitro Forum
  Dodge Ram Forum Dodge Dakota Forum Dodge Durango Forum Dodge Dart Forum
FORD Ford Raptor Forum Ford F150 Forum Ford F100 Forum  
JEEP Jeep Forum      
PONTIAC Pontiac G8 Forum      
SRT SRT Viper Forum SRT Cuda Forum