DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:17
faze35 is on a distinguished road
Default faze35 Mod Thread...'11 Flame Red Regular Cab Express 2WD

I have been modding my truck slowly for the past six months and after looking through so many other member's threads I have finally decided to make my own mod thread. My truck is a 2011, Flame Red, Regular Cab, Express, 2WD. I really like the Express package with the Hemi engine and paint matched bumpers. Quad cab and 4WD were not all that important to me so I figured I'd save some money and purchase a 2WD Reg cab and use the extra money on mods and I'm glad I did. I had intentions of making an something similar to an R/T clone but with a personal touch. I live in Upstate NY so this truck probably won't see any use during the winter months.

Current Mods:
-TonnoPro Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
-Westin Wade Sure-Fit Floor Mats
-Debadged
-Painted Brake Calipers (Red)
-Magnaflow 14" Muffler
-K&N Cold Air Intake
-Hurculiner Roll-on Bed Liner
-Painted to Match Door and Tailgate Handle Covers
-Sport Mirrors
-GT Seat Covers
-Curt Class III Trailer Hitch

Mods in Progress:
-Undercover SE Smooth Hard Tonneau Cover (Painted to Match) - Ordered
-APM Ram Air Power Hood (Painted to Match) - Ordered

Future Mods:
-Tuner
-Interior Dress-Up Paint
-Window Tint
-Resonator Delete
-Y-Pipe Switch

Potential Mods:
-Projector/HID Headlights
-OEM Body Kit (Modified to fit Regular Cab)
-Roll Pan
-Suspension Lowering

This is how it looked when I brought it home from the dealer:

Last edited by faze35; 12-09-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 12-08-2012, 07:48 PM

Debadge

I knew I didn't like the "1500" spanning halfway across the door but I wasn't sure if I wanted to take the "RAM" off. So I left "RAM" on one side and took it off the other side to see which one I like best over time. I ultimately decided that I like it best with everything removed besides the "HEMI" emblem.

Stock:

Option 1:

Option 2:

Last edited by faze35; 12-09-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:53 PM

20" Chrome Clad Wheels

I knew before I bought the truck I wanted to get a set of chrome wheels for it. While I was working in New Jersey I was looking on Craigslist and found a set of OEM Chrome Clad wheels for $450. I didn't hesitate and bought them that night. I went to Pep-Boys that Sunday and had they tires and TMPS switched over.

Stock Wheels:

Chrome Clad Wheels:

Last edited by faze35; 12-09-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:07 PM

Painted Brake Calipers

After adding the new chrome wheels I decided that some bright red calipers would really set them off. I made a trip to Autozone, bought a can of red VHT brake caliper spray paint, and did the mod. I made sure I prepped them well so there was less of a chance of the paint flaking off over time. It is easily the best $7 i have put into the truck thus far.

Before:

Prep:

After:

Old 12-08-2012, 08:15 PM

K&N Cold Air Intake and Magnaflow 14" Muffler:

After doing some appearence mods I figure I should at least do the basic performance mods. After listening to hundred of YouTube clips I decided to buy a Magnaflow 14" Muffler. I don't have any pics of it or the install but I am very satisfied with the tone. It's deep rumble sounds great when I punch the throttle but not overwhelming at idle or on the expressway. I also purchased a K&N cold air intake. The install was fairly simple. It took a while to get use to the CAI "whistle" but I don't even notice it any more. After the two mods I could certainly feel a difference. The main difference I noticed was throttle response. It had much better sensitivity than stock.

Stock:

K&N CAI:

Last edited by faze35; 12-09-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 2500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Off to a smooth start! Nice truck.

See my old Mod thread and it's Journey here

Current Mod thread here
Old 12-08-2012, 08:30 PM

Hurculiner Roll-On Bed Liner:

My truck came with a rubber bed mat when I purchased it. However, after noticing many scratches in the red paint on the wheel wells and tailgate, I was bothered enough to want to cover them up. I will rarely use the bed of the truck so it didn't make sense to shell out $500 plus for a professional spray in bed liner so I decided to try out a Hurculiner Kit. I went to Autozone a purchased the gallon roll on kit for about $70. I removed the tailgate for easier masking and made sure to properly clean and scuff the surfaces for proper adhesion. The gallon was more than enough for two coats, which was plenty for my purposes. Others may choose to grab another quart and do a third. Overall the Hurculiner kit came out nice and has certainly earned the money I paid for it. It may not be fit for those who use the bed of their truck frequently or roughly, but it was ideal for me (especially with the rubber mat).

Prepped:

After:

Last edited by faze35; 12-08-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 PM

Painted to Match Door/Tailgate Handle Covers and Sport Mirrors:

Continuing with my R/T close plan I wanted to color match the door handles and mirrors. I purchased PUTCO chrome handle covers and a set of used white sport mirrors off Ebay and painted them Flame Red after much time prepping (especially the chrome handle covers). So far the paint has held up well over the chrome and we will see how it stands up over time.

Before Handles:

After Handles:

Before Mirrors:

After Mirrors:
Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 PM

GTCovers Seat Covers:

With my job (pipeline construction), I get muddy at work 50%s of the days I work. This is why the first thing I bought was a set of WADE Custom-fit floor mats. I also wanted to protect my seats but I also didn't want a set of cheap looking/bad fitting set of seat covers. After reading numerous reviews I was leaning to a company called GTcovers. I requested samples of their materials (8 different colors/materials actually) and they sent me them in 3 days, free of charge. After choosing the material I wanted, which was a synthetic leather material, I made my purchase. Their items are "made to order" so it took almost two weeks to get to me, which I knew ahead of time. When I received them I installed them and they fit better than any seat cover I have ever seen..... until I got to the console. I read reviews saying that the center section didn't fit as well as the other seats but no matter what I did it just didn't for right. I looked at my order sheet and I accidentally order seat covers with a bottom console, which I didn't have. I called GT Covers and admitted to ordering the wrong "20 Section". The woman I spoke with said she would send me the correct one I needed and I responded by asking "How much do I owe you?" and if they wanted me to send the one I ordered originally back. She told me to just keep the one I ordered incorrectly and they would send me the correct one for no charge. I was very impressed by this customer service. I received the new center section in the mail and installed it. It didn't fit perfectly but it was still better than any universal kit you will find. Overall, I am pleased with the seat covers and more importantly, the customer service of GTCovers.

Seat Covers:

Last edited by faze35; 12-09-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:56 AM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Sweet Red Ride, nice stuff, Love a red truck.