DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-21-2014, 09:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
sowen12 is on a distinguished road
Default Dodge Ram Body Shop Advice

I have a dent in my left rear QP that needs to be repaired. The paintless dent repair guys can't do it. It needs to be fixed and repainted. I'm freaking out a little with the thought of my 2014 brand new Ram getting repainted!

1) I have good quotes from Maaco and another local shop. I'm wondering if I should go with them or consider the Dodge dealer where I bought the truck. Or does that really matter? I've seen some comments here indicating that dealer body shops are not all that great.

2) should I have any concern getting it repainted? I'm guessing the color will match correctly (black) and they say I won't be able to tell it was repainted.

Any advice is appreciated.
Scott
Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 crew cab 2wd
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:119
Mopar Big Horn will become famous soon enoughMopar Big Horn will become famous soon enough

It all depends on where you feel comfortable going. Maybe ask some people who you know have had some body work done and see what they say.
As for your first question, I think it depends on your dealership. Some people on here say that there RAM dealership is not a place they would go to have there truck serviced or repaired, some same they would. I know from personal experience the dealership where I got it from has been top notch on everything from sales to service to body shop. I had the dealership body shop paint my fender flares (good price and did a great job) and I had to have behind the rear bumper driver side redone, not much work but enough and they once again did it for good price and great work.
I know the dealership might be more in some cases BUT at least for me I feel better about taking it to them and when I pick it up I feel good about stuff being done right. I have been to other places and when I got my previous truck back I felt they would mess with something that was fine so I would be back in a couple days or weeks for more work to be done. I will drive 30-40 minutes to the dealership before I drive 10 minutes to some of the other shops I have been to.
As far as your second question, when I had the flares done truck was only about a year old but they did a excellent job and you can't see or tell any difference in the color. The back driver side I had done when they finished and showed me the work I couldn't even tell were the damaged had been done, matched perfect. I don't know if certain colors matchup better than others but the flame red on mine was done perfect.

Last edited by Mopar Big Horn; 08-21-2014 at 10:50 AM.