DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1996 SLT
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 1994-2001 488ci (8.0L) LA V10 300 hp 450lb/ft
Rep:10
99 V10 is on a distinguished road

I haven't seen one in person, but the pictures I have seen it looks real nice. The Dart wasn't really a muscle car. The Demon & Dusters were & they were a Dart version. But back in the day there were Darts, Demons, & Dusters. You didn't tell a Demon or Duster owner you have a nice Dart. Back in the day they were like three separate cars.
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2012, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

So the NA engine with Auto. is nothing like the Turbo with Manual from what I understand; I understand what you mean Ramtech. the third engine for the R/T isn't here yet and I bet they do come out with a SRT4. BUT, since this is meant to be my commuter for 4-5 years and then my sons first car, the SRT4 Ain't happenin!

I only chose the turbo for the higher fuel mileage.

It is ironic that my reasons for choosing this car (small, efficient, cheap) , are exactly opposite of how I want to see the Dart re-introduced! lol

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

As far as I know, all 3 engines are available but the 2.4 turbo model is up in the air.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 1500
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3248
PaulMys has disabled reputation

A buddy of mine just ordered one for his wife. Aren't they supposed to get like 40 MPG? It is a cool looking little car.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:36 PM

Vehicle: 2005 QC 4X4 HEMI RAM
Trim Level: Thunder Road
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:418
hydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nicehydrex is just really nice

They certainly are the best looking small econoboxes. Dodge Darts were incredible values back in the day. Slant six cars ran forever and 340 , 383 and 440 Darts kicked ass! Hemi Darts, holy crap! I'd say compare the new Dart to the Focus as the best 2 small cars. To me the Dart looks cooler, Focus is a bit of an ugly duckling. When and if they put a 3.6 Pentastar of about 300 hp and a 6 speed manual, I'd be interested.
Inertia Spartan Plus cam, Circle D 3,000 rpm stall converter,Sonnax line pressure booster, Vararam, JBA's with cut outs, Rancho 9000's,3:92's, extra rear leaf.Line-X Bedliner, 210,000 miles To Hell and back. 14.2/96 mph NEDW
Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I would trade my Honda CR-Z in on one in a New York minute!

I've checked them out. I like what I see, and I like the numbers that are being published as far as HP and MPG are concerned. I'm hearing commercials that claim it will get 41mpg on the highway, I have my doubts about this, though high 30s seems reasonable.

I'm hoping to take one for a spin one of these days, just need to find the time to do so, and I agree with you on kids needing to know how to drive a manual transmission... I think it's a dying skill.

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill
Old 12-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

I like the taillights when lit at night

But, Id consider the Hyundai Veloster
I know...a tad off topic, but great little car with sport and fuel economy
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 12-13-2012, 04:03 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Dakota Club Cab 4X4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Bright Silver
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:1824
RamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant futureRamTech has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrex View Post
When and if they put a 3.6 Pentastar of about 300 hp and a 6 speed manual, I'd be interested.
I seriously doubt they'll ever do that. There really isn't room to stuff that much motor and tranny under the hood.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:32 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

I looked at the Veloster but it was a bit too extreme looking for me.
I'm surprised you'd trade the CRV though! that's a cool lil car, but I need 4 seats.
the Focus - I hate to admit- is a fine machine! I just cant stand the giant black plastic front end! I came real close to getting the Focus..

the drive home from the dealership is about 12 miles and I showed 39MPG for the trip when I got home I hope that holds or increases!
The turbo motor is a hoot if you keep the revs up. down low there is no boost at all it feels like. I hear there is a programmer in the works already for the 500 Abarth which has the same motor. If they can get the boost to come on a bit sooner and get near 200HP, I will love this car completely!

I have to mention the 8.4" touch screen Navi!! It pisses me off that its in my little commuter car and not my RAM! It is a fantastic bit of work. Great display and functionality with Garmin software.. GRRR!

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 12-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: '15 Ram 1500 Longhorn EcoD
Trim Level: CC, 6'4", 3.92, LSD
Color: Granite Crystal
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:1787
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

So what are you narrowing down too?
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!